It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Ex. Order 13295 - Detain/Quarantine Americans Showing Signs of "Respiratory Illnesses"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is interesting information I recently found on the website www.stopthecrime.net. Authorizing medical authorities to possess "detainment and policing powers" both in and outside of hospital facilities and their immediate comparable institutions (clinics) sounds very scary. Imagine people reporting others to these medical authorities, when suspecting someone with respiratory issues could be a lethal threat. Potential threats will be incarcerated in hospitals or be taken to f e m a encampments.. Not quite sure when exactly Executive Order 13295 was amended, but it appears to have occurred just recently, maybe in the last few days..

www.redflagnews.com... lness

edit on 14-10-2014 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thank you..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

I was also listening to a podcast yesterday, where David Hodges and Mike Adams were explaining that the CDC is not a government owned agency but rather a PRIVATELY OWNED AGENCY. This is important as well, I wonder who the owners of the CDC are..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

The CDC is a federal agency under the Department of Health and Human Services. I'm pretty sure they are actually a government agency.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This EO is actually nothing new. The original EO was signed in by George Bush in April of 2003 and reads thusly:

Section 1. Based upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Health and Human Services (the ``Secretary''), in consultation with the Surgeon General, and for the purpose of specifying certain communicable diseases for regulations providing for the apprehension, detention, or conditional release of individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of suspected communicable diseases, the following communicable diseases are hereby specified pursuant to section 361(b) of the Public Health Service Act:

So the ability to apprehend, detain and etc for infectious illness has been around since 2003. Here's the original EO: fas.org...

In 2005, it was amended to add a subsection for influenza.

(c) Influenza caused by novel or reemergent influenza viruses that are
causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic.

www.gpo.gov...

What the Obama EO changed was subsection b of the original EO that originally stated this:

(b) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which is a disease associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, is transmitted from person to person predominantly by the aerosolized or droplet route, and, if spread in the population, would have severe public health consequences.

Obama changed it to this:

"(b) Severe acute respiratory syndromes, which are diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled. This subsection does not apply to influenza."

www.whitehouse.gov...

I've bolded the major change in the original EO. So, technically, what Obama did was change a pre-existing EO signed in by Bush that added more criteria for the detainment of those carrying an infectious disease. If anything, Obama improved upon it as "severe public health consequences" is rather broad. Having the potential to cause a pandemic or having the potential to cause death or morbidity is infinitely more fine tuned in terms of infectious respiratory diseases. It's the difference between being detained and isolated for a typical cold and being detained and isolated for something that could actually kill people if contracted.

edit on 14/10/14 by WhiteAlice because: added that I did the bolding

edit on 14/10/14 by WhiteAlice because: english, i swear i speak it

top topics

join