It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberia craters cause: Massive holes in Russia 'linked to Bermuda Triangle'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Some scientists are attributing the recently formed Siberian-Sinkholes to Methane Hydrates; the same thing that they say happens in part of the Bermuda Triangle.....What?

"There is a version that the Bermuda Triangle is a consequence of gas hydrates reactions. They start to actively decompose with methane ice turning into gas. It happens in an avalanche-like way, like a nuclear reaction, producing huge amounts of gas. That makes ocean to heat up and ships sink in its waters mixed with a huge proportion of gas. The same leads to the air to get supersaturated with methane, which makes the atmosphere extremely turbulent and lead to aircraft crashes."

Essentially, the theory is underground pockets of methane gas explosions destabilized the surface and caused sediment to give way; much in the same was as sinkholes in Florida and other regions are formed.

Scientists believe this same process of trapped gas mixing with water -- preventing buoyancy -- causes ships in the Bermuda Triangle to sink. As far as planes are concerned, the updraft of air from the release of these hydrates causes aircraft to hit violent turbulence and instrumentation to fail. The result is a crash into the ocean depths.

Um.m.m.m....I don't knnow if I buy this explanation. It seems rushed and piecemeal, at best. Maybe this explanation is legit but I'm just not sure. What does ATS have to say?

www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I've wondered about methane burps being responsible for mass bird and fish deaths, but knocking planes out of the sky is a stretch. What about the reported magnetic anomalies and instrument malfunctions, how would a methane cloud explain that?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Well, there has been lots of discussion lately about increasing amounts of methane in the atmosphere. This does remind me of the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis. Lots of methane, hydrogen sulfide being burped out of the ground (mostly bodies of water) causing fires, explosions, damage to human brains, etc.

I have read that there are large amounts of methane stored in the permafrost of Siberia, perhaps they're melting? S + F

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Um.m.m.m....I don't knnow if I buy this explanation. It seems rushed and piecemeal, at best. Maybe this explanation is legit but I'm just not sure. What does ATS have to say?

No, it isn't rushed ... people look too little into the methane thing. And not only methane, underground seizmic activity will release volcanic gases, that are equally dangerous.

Bear in mind, that ALL atmosphere and water on earth, is born in this manner ...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

before i clicked on this i was thinking that this should be in skunkworks but this is really interesting and completely scientific!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
but this is really interesting and completely scientific!

All hail mainstream science.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

of course it doesn't mean its 100% the answer but I came here expecting to see something completely different like...."i know a friend of a friend who knows this guy who said this is what is going on"

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I've heard that after accounting for the increased shipping traffic in the Bermuda Triangle, the number of ships lost is actually not at all out of the ordinary. Can anyone comment on this?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm not buying it either. There could be something like that going on occasionally but to me it sounds like misapplied science. Now if the scientists would have gone there and did some testing, it might be more believable. It is easy to dream up all sorts of things sitting in a chair.

So where did real science go anyway? misapplying evidence is done every day. False assumptions using this misapplied evidence to a wrong scenario is very common. There could be multiple reasons for all of the listed phenomenon. Energy from many different sources can cause these things, you need to get out of your chair and go to investigate with an open mind to get the appropriate answer. Sure, what they say can occasionally happen, but I would say that a combination of events is what causes most events. Some of this we do not know yet and we need to keep an open mind when investigating to discover new things. Knowledge can be a deceptive thing, we see what we know most of the time. I would rather see things with the eyes of a child and the mind of a curious scientist.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I've watched some long documentaries about the methane hypothesis with airplanes and with boats.
The concentration in the air to make airplanes not suck in enough oxygen to work is really high. They can get an engine to turn off sure, but they never could show that a natural methane release could have such concentrations.

And with boats it's a similar problem.

I also have inside info as it were. I first heard about the bermuda triangle because my grandpa used to own his own airplane. Most of his instruments failed and his compass spun all over on multiple occasions.

Methane just doesn't fit all the details. But there is methane all over the east coast.
There was no on sight information. They are just basically making it up without actually testing it.. It's a little silly.
edit on 13-10-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

Yes I've heard it from numerous sources, internet, books, tv. They claim that the number of disappearances in that area are statistically less than average or average compared to other parts of the ocean. Apparently the idea of something abducting humans lent an air of mystery to the area so it stuck.

This site seems to refute it in Myth 1:

Bermuda Triangle Myths

edit on 13-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

join