It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer virus Ebola scare shuts down Coventry NHS walk-in centre, UK.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is only 4 miles from where I live. I'm happy that my local newspaper has decided to publish this story, even though I would of thought the MSM would of been first to report it.

Coventry's main walk-in health centre was shut yesterday after a patient arrived with a symptom of the Ebola virus.

The man had recently returned from Nigeria - which has experienced a handful of Ebola cases - and arrived at the Hillfields centre with a fever.

After speaking to public health experts the building was shut and thoroughly cleaned before being re-opened.

The patient was taken to University Hospital, Walsgrave, where he was tested for the killer virus.

The test came back negative for Ebola this morning.

READ MORE HERE

A spokesman for Clinical Commissioning Groups in Coventry and Warwickshire said: “The City of Coventry Health Centre was temporarily closed as a precautionary measure on the afternoon of Saturday, October 11, following the attendance at the centre of a patient who had recently returned from Nigeria and is now being treated at University Hospital.

“Test results have now shown that the patient is not suffering from Ebola.

“However, following advice from public health yesterday we did apply precautionary measures immediately, closed the centre for a short period, and cleaned the centre appropriately.

“The centre is now open and is operating normally.

“This incident has allowed us to test the NHS procedures for dealing with Ebola in Coventry and Warwickshire and the public should be reassured that we have been able to do this successfully.”

I never expected to have the threat of Ebola arrive so near to my doorstep ffs!!

It's good to hear that my local hospital took every precaution possible, but with Coventry being such a diverse place for people of the world, it won't be too long before this scare comes back again.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

It's been said on our local news that UK is preparing and testing their health system by putting out actors who should show ebola-like sympthoms (one supposedly in some supermarket) so that healthcare workers know how to react in case it's real...
did you hear about anything like that? i mean, i wouldn't say it's true in the case you're talking about since the whole article doesn't mention it. it wouldn't be the first time our media made up some silly story..

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Betweenthebars

Yes they had the actors role playing it out yesterday:

BBC News

edit on 10-13-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Jesus that is A stones throw away from me I live just outside Cov ten miles in Rugby,

Scary indeed.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Than the UK better preorder and stockpile the vaccine. Seeing how GSK is also a company producing the vaccine you can save on shipping costs.
don't worry about the potential side effects besides by the time it's over only those who sought the vaccine would have likely gotten it. The rest the government will use store or throw away so no worries, oh the profits.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Surely its bad enough for anyone to be travelling to and from ebola infected countries to be allowed back into the UK but to waltz into a healthcare centre is utterly selfish and utterly stupid.

If you think you have contracted ebola, apart from all the people you have infected whilst getting on a plane and travelling from these countries into the UK, you jolly well stop your trip of infection and you stay at home and ring the authorities with your problem and isolate yourself.

I thought we prosecuted people who spread aids knowingly, so will we prosecute ebola carriers as well - it kills people and you know if you have it the damage you can inflict by travelling. You are knowingly committing murder.

I have no sympathy for the sufferer who risks other peoples lives by spreading killer viruses. You might as well be a bio hazard bomb and you know exactly what you are doing and the cost to other people's lives.

If this is a 'trial' by our government then the message you stay out of circulation till we come to you to check you out, should be in the headlines of every paper as there are stupid and selfish people with the 'me only matters' attitude.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
the uk health system will go down my reasoning is as follows
1, accident and emergency wards the receptionists do not wear protection.
2, after giving your details and breathing on the nurse at reception no more then half a arms length away,you are told to wait in the waiting area with other patients waiting to be seen .
3, the receptionists nurse then goes and informs the doctors of a new case and the details and priority is awarded depending how serious

so now one walk in ebola patient has contaminated doctors nurses and those in the waiting area.

how can you stop a virus spreading if your only going to address the ones that are sick?????????
that would just be "picking up the dead"

at present they are just dealing with the sick ,do you understand..?
let me phrase it another way ,like a bin/refuse collection there will always be more rubbish.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I LOVE how it is a black person in the picture as the infected. More propaganda.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

I noticed that too yesterday but couldn't be bothered to say anything.

Ebola = Black Person.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

I LOVE how it is a black person in the picture as the infected. More propaganda.

Sorry, the propaganda being peddled here is by you - why are you making the issue about colour? Someone returned from Nigeria with what appeared to be Ebola like symptoms, they went to a walk in centre, were diagnosed and taken elsewhere for further testing which came back negative. What part of that has anything whatsoever to do with the colour of the persons skin? The fact they had recently returned from a part of the world where Ebola is a risk meant they had to be treated as a potential case.

What's up with you, do you want a non black person to suffer the same symptoms? Does that balance a scale of political correctness for you? Sheesh, promote ignorance seems to be the order of the day doesn't it.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Bare in mind that Symptom Of Ebola = Fever and vomiting.

And we're entering the flu season.

So I totally expect to see many many more of these alerts over the months to come.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Isn't the UK doing screenings of people that arrived from ebola countries?, or is just like in the US, they wait until people arriving shows symptoms of something before they even test them.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I was reading yesterday about a bus in Liverpool.
Commuters flee bus station as African woman COLLAPSES

Frantic passengers barged past one another in the fight to flee the National Express station in Liverpool, panicking that the woman had died of the deadly infection.

This flu season could cause a lot of chaos regardless of how many people with ebola we get.

new topics

top topics

join