It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Personal Advice to the Rest of the World Concerning Ebola in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: wanderingman

Amazing ignorance. Mine, for thinking people are more rational than your reply indicates.

WHO says Ebola is 'most severe acute health emergency in modern times'

Good luck. I sincerely mean that for all of us.

edit on 13-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingman

Unless that ebola carrier sneezes or otherwise spreads their bodily fluids on surfaces and you then touch those same surfaces.

You say that like it's infinitesimal odds of that happening on a packed city bus. You do realize there's very little respect for personal space on public transportation right?

What's more worrisome is where that ebola carrier is going when they get off the bus. We have a huge false sense of security here in the US. I keep reading that we'll be able to control this because we're better off than Liberians. We have sewer systems, we have electricity, we have hospitals, we have air conditioning etc, but we also have new and exciting ways to spread this virus that most African countries don't. We have public transportation. We have movie theaters and malls and we have a huge fast food market. On average 50 million Americans will eat fast food today and almost half the population eats fast food once a week.Source

The proverbial poo will really hit the fan when that ebola carrier on the bus(who couldn't possibly infect you) is a single mom working 3 part-time fast food jobs to keep the rent paid and the lights on

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: Bluesma
IOn the other hand though, I am not sure why the President takes the rap for all this? He is not supposed to be a God, he is not alone in power over everything- this is not a monarchy. He is not a doctor. He is not a scientist .
But maybe you could explain more clearly why this is his fault- I may not be up on my facts.

He IS in charge. He even said he has a pen and a phone and he knows how to use them. Or did you forget. The most powerful man in the world and he's helpless?????? Riiiiight.

According to Forbes, the most powerful man in the world is Putin.... but that is beside my point.

I never said he is helpless- I said he is not a doctor nor scientist, and the US in not a Monarchy.
What happened to a government made up of many different parts, many different people, all meant to check and balance each other????

When did he become an expert in contagious diseases?

The more I see the americans clamor for a one man savior, the more I start to see why there is some concern about a replay of the rise of Hitler.

Yes, it is normal for the president to have a discourse which paints him as the people would like to see him (all powerful), but the individual has the responsibility of discerning the reality. I think he is not the king of the world, (nor would any other president be) and that he is a figurehead and the real power lies in the hands of the largest corporations who hide behind him and pull the strings (and would do the same with any person put into that spot).

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Mr. Nobel Peace Prize winner was referring to himself and his family I think when he said that about getting ebola from a guy on a bus. He's not worried about getting it at the golf course either, I'm sure.
If he can claim to solve the illegal immigration issue with a pen and phone, why not solve this one? Laws are already in place that would allow him to protect the public health. Now it is true that they might need to be dusted off a bit because they haven't been used in the days since international flights became common.
However, if he won't act it will be up to the governors to step up and take charge to protect their citizens. The unfortunate part of that is this---most of the same corporate interests who bought federal elected officials bought up the state ones as well.
My personal vision is one of Mr. Nobel Prizer stepping forth to announce to the world that Monsanto has designed a nifty new food that will be a vaccine for all deadly viruses. They will be partnering up with Google and all major insurance companies to make sure each and every citizen is partaking of this lovely treat.....
If you think incoming flights from infected areas should be shut down, write your legislators, write your local newspaper---let your voice be heard.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

....I said he is not a doctor nor scientist, ...

You're correct, he's neither of those things. What he claims to be is a community organizer. All the folks I know who work as community organizers, myself included, have worked and studied and helped to put together disaster preparedness plans. He's a constitutional lawyer. Well, as it happens one of the attorneys in our town was also a constitutional lawyer and he also served on the committees that made community plans for disasters. He knew a lot about public health laws and powers granted to law enforcement in keeping the public safe from disasters.
The community organizer currently occupying the White House seems to have a talent for giving speeches. I've yet to see him organize anything or unite any warring faction---quite the opposite, it seems to me.
Now he is sending an airborne assault unit to a medical disaster in Africa. If that doesn't make the hair of the back of your neck stand up---you're at room temperature because in my mind I can find only two possibilities; ignorance or intention. But I'll not derail the thread with that....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

- and you really think that there is no one else behind him, and influencing all these things he does or does not do?
He's a puppet with a few hands up his arse. Take him out, put in someone else, and the hand will go up theirs too.

Look at the right hand (love it or hate it) - as long as it distracts you from what the left hand is doing.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
a reply to: diggindirt

- and you really think that there is no one else behind him, and influencing all these things he does or does not do?
He's a puppet with a few hands up his arse. Take him out, put in someone else, and the hand will go up theirs too.

Look at the right hand (love it or hate it) - as long as it distracts you from what the left hand is doing.

Of course, we agree on this point. I've no doubt at all.
What I'm trying to figure out which hand is making this move and why....
It just seems like the move of a crack-addled brain or a very deliberate act of mischief.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join