It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Konnichiwa from Pennsylvania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hi all,

Figured I'd mosey on over here and post an introduction. How are we all doing today/tonight?

I was a member on this site back around 2008-2011, but then left after a major let-down in 2012. Heh. Anyway, after that I had had enough of alternative topics for a while and moved away from this site and pretty much everything "alternative". I used to have an immense interest in everything spiritual, paranormal, psychic, cryptozoology, extraterrestrial, secret societies, and more. A lot happened, and I actually lost a lot of interests at that time in general, not just for alternative topics - It was a rough time overall, I guess.

That was a long time ago now. I had changed, but I'm reverting once again to my "good ol' self", and I'm getting back into all of the alternative topics again and then some. One of my new interests is alchemy - as much of a wild-goose chase as it seems to be. I know there's very little information on it, and a lot of it seems to be smoke, mirrors, and fancy words for self-improvement and "transformation" - if that makes sense. Also, no, I'm not interested in it because of Fullmetal Alchemist, even though I do love the series. I just like the idea of 'true' alchemy and transmuting metals into precious metals as well as creating the "elixir of life".

Anyway, I generally make it a habit to not post a whole lot (I can be kind of wordy, drawn-out, and boring), but I'm glad to be back on the forums. I missed it here. Plus with all of the interesting (albeit terrible) stuff going on in the world, I couldn't imagine a better place to watch the show.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave.

Welcome back. Seems many of us do the same.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Love that song - Haven't heard it in a while though. Truer words cannot be said about this site!

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mysticrecluse

Hearty welcome to you from the UK glad you have decided to come back and I look forward to your views and information.

I suspect a lot of people could own to being a bit boring at times - Erh!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Thank you much!

...and you make an excellent point.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Welcome back! I have just come back myself after almost a year. I hear you about losing interest in alternative topics, sometimes life is just to real.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Welcome back. I've also just recently returned after an extended hiatus.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Welcome, reverting back to a truer older self is very satisfying.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Moshi Moshi mysticrecluseson

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Welcome back! There are several others here from the 'burgh as well that I've met so far, so you are not alone in either body or spirit.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Welcome back!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Thank you, everyone, for your kind regards!

a reply to: Iamschist

That it is. Sometimes the information that we are force fed (I guess that's what I want to say here) is just easier to swallow, and outside of that - there's just too many other individual personal things to worry about as apposed to what is reported on this site. However, when all is in order, I really enjoy delving into topics like what is on this site.

a reply to: N3k9Ni

A hiatus is nice, isn't it? Sometime's I wish I could take a hiatus from life - not to sound...dark or anything.

A welcome back is in order for both of you as well, isn't it? I think it's good to give your brain a rest from this kind of thing.

a reply to: alexball

It really is. Especially after going through a very drastic and dramatic change. I'll admit that I'm hyping it up a bit, but I changed enough to know it and feel it for a solid three years or more. I still don't know if I'm out of the woods, but things are feeling normal again. So that's enough to make me smile.

a reply to: SLAYER69

saikin dō? My Japanese is really really spotty. Sadly, I only know some of the real basic stuff - which might make this thread's title seem misleading, but I'd love to learn more. Nonetheless, I'm still highly interested in Japanese culture.

a reply to: Nechash

Hello! It's always nice to meet some local folks! Well, maybe not always - But most of the time. Eh, scratch that - I'll say always. Never hurts to be optimistic, right? It's good to know that we're not alone. Thanks!

a reply to: sled735

Thank you, kind sir! Happy to be back.

edit on 10/12/2014 by mysticrecluse because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/2014 by mysticrecluse because: Psh. Edited twice to add the reason why I edited it in the first palce (which I forgot): To add all the replies in one post.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Welcome back!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: L0125D

Thanks!

top topics

join