It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duncan family playing the race card

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I worked in a medical unit at an Airport for a number of years and one thing is 100% certain, people lie all the time if they are trying to travel out of or enter a Country. They lie about their symptoms, where they have travelled from, who they have travelled with, absolutely everything. They don't care if they are infectious, they don't care if they infect or possibly kill others, all they think about is themselves. They pretend they don't understand your questions, they pretend they don't speak the language, all they care about is either getting into or getting out of the Country.

Do I think that Mr Duncan lied to medical staff about his exposure to Ebola ? Definitely, if he wasn't a citizen he did not want anything to interfere with his being able to stay in the US, even if he was a citizen, people go into denial so they don't have to face their own imminent death. Should the hospital have known he was infected ? Not if he lied about his contact with the disease, you can only diagnose correctly if your patient gives you a full and truthful history of everything that is relevant. You have to ask yourself what kind of man knowingly put his own family, let alone everyone he came into contact with, in danger of catching Ebola ?

It's obscene that the family think that they should be rewarded for this man's behaviour. Ebola doesn't care what colour you are and once he was diagnosed the medical profession would have done everything possible to save his life, no one absolutely no one in the medical profession wants an Ebola outbreak in the US. What do the family think the hospital did, put him in a side ward and say "let's not treat him as his skin is not the right colour ?".

Jesse Jackson is hypocrite of the highest order. The leading cause of death of young black males is homicide and in over 90% of the cases the perpetrator is another black male. Does he speak out about this outrage ? Does he condemn this ? No because there is no money in it and he can't play the race card.

Mr Duncan, may in the end, be responsible for killing an endless number of people in the US, if anyone is liable he is, not the hospital where he was treated free.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Mr Duncan, may in the end, be responsible for killing an endless number of people in the US, if anyone is liable he is, not the hospital where he was treated free.
a reply to: majel42
Treated free I hardly think it was free. Every citizen in the US will pay for his care one way or another. The only race card that can be pulled or played is the fact that he entered the country knowing that he came from a country where Ebola is rampant and even though he received care, the only thing that can be played is the one where we have all been told that superior care given in the western world would almost guarantee survival for any Ebola inflicted person, guess they were wrong. Look at all the mistakes made based on the assumption that this is hard to catch....EPIC...FAIL...GRADE D...
Mr Jackson go play cards somewhere else

edit on 10/9/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: majel42

Except the hospital has already admitted he told them he was from Liberia. Also, why are passengers filling out forms to verify prior travel locations. Isn't that what a passport is for

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Having followed this with great interest and living in the area I can state a few things:

1) I find it hard to believe that there was a communication problem. All of the hospitals in the area, every one I have been to and visited, all have where it is clearly posted, that if you need a translator, one will be provided for free, and most offer translation for up to 20 different languages. So the question is, was I was not there, we are not sure what all was said and why it was not clear. Though it could be that he may have stated he was from Liberia, but if he did not state he was in contact with someone who had Ebola, who would know? Communication and understanding is something that became apparent, after he was in the hospital and the family did not seem to understand the instructions, like do not leave the apartment. Nor do I think that they were talking about needing food, or understand that they could infect others.
Ebola, has too many signs that are similar to other diseases, and if it is one set and not another set, who can tell if or what a person is infected with?

2) How can this be a factor of racism? The facts are that once a person is infected, it is like a heart attack or a stroke, time is ticking and unless a person gets immediate medical attention, then the chances of surviving this goes way down. There is no cure, and all they can do is try to fight this as well as they can. But it is a luck of the draw, either you are one of the 25% or not, health comes into play and how a person takes to some medications. And from what I understand they tried an new medicine on him, which did not have any effect. The kinds of medications that would be required, can cause other health risks, as it has to be given in specific doses at specific times.

3) Very few hospitals in the USA are prepared or capable of handling this kind of outbreak. The hospital staff and the health department was caught off guard. They were unprepared to deal with this kind of disease. Is any medical facility going to be fully prepared to deal with something that they never have seen before? Chances are no, they are going to be unprepared and ultimately have to try to do the best that they can on the fly.

4) My thoughts on the entire situation. Personally I think that we should not morn for him. I think that what he did, was selfish, he lied to leave Liberia, he put others at risk and got here, and then got sick. He put his girlfriend at risk, and those children. This is not the actions of person who should have our pity. Those who we should pity should be those he came in contact with, the people who lived in the same apartment complex who were pretty much made pariah and unable to go to work. Those are the people I feel sorry for.

And personally if they sue and look like they are going to win, every person affected by this man, should turn around and sue the family for this one man putting their lives at risk.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The fact remains every other case of Ebola in the U.S. was handled better and given experimental treatment sooner. They have lived, he died. He's black, they're white.

Now, that's not to say there's not *A LOT* more to it - but the optics are bad.

Are you actually serious?? And you're a moderator?

THIS IS THE FIRST CASE TO APPEAR IN THE U.S.

This asshoe lied to get in the country, and continued to WITHHOLD deadly serious information because of his own selfish interests to become an American citizen by marriage.

He was too f@ckin thick-skulled to realize that if he is DEAD, there ain't ever gonna be a wedding and starting a new life....

Yup, that pretty much sums up the selfish, stubborn, superstitous, denial-laced idiocy that pervades west Africa and has caused this epidemic to spread like a wildfire in the first place.

Nahh, actually you're totally right, it's all big bad whitey's fault again... FFS

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yeah its impossible for discrimination to take place in a case like this....because white people DON'T discriminate.....Baha right.....

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Geez...calm down. It seems everyone pretty much got what I was saying except you. If I misspoke, my apologies, maybe I should have said every other person *treated* in the U.S. And by that, I mean all of the whiteys. LOL!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I still say you don't just suddenly up and quit your job and bolt unless you have a reason to do so, and returning to a lady with whom you have a 16-year-old son you haven't seen since he was 3 isn't enough of an reason for that behavior. You haven't seen the kid for 13 years, a few more weeks while you tie up loose ends isn't going to make any difference.

No, he has to have at least suspected that she had something ... like Ebola ... and died of it and now he was possibly infected, too, and he was running.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: kosmicjack

I still say you don't just suddenly up and quit your job and bolt unless you have a reason to do so, and returning to a lady with whom you have a 16-year-old son you haven't seen since he was 3 isn't enough of an reason for that behavior. You haven't seen the kid for 13 years, a few more weeks while you tie up loose ends isn't going to make any difference.

No, he has to have at least suspected that she had something ... like Ebola ... and died of it and now he was possibly infected, too, and he was running.

Problem was if he was running, and suspected he may have had it, telling the hospital or anyone for that matter that he suspected he had it, instead of keeping quiet about it would have increased his chances of survival by a factor of 100.

I dunno, something is missing from this entire equation I can't put my finger on it yet, but if he is now being called US Patient ZERO, then the number of infections the CDC isn't telling us about could be much much higher, and that would indeed be a cause for alarm..

Mind you I am still thinking our Governor was a total moron for putting the state on Medical Emergency Alert (State of Emerg.) without one confirmed case in the state, but you still have ot wonder if the CDC isn't keeping the actual numbers low to prevent a panic... seeing as the supply of the drug needed to combat it is out of stock...

Something to wonder about, and just me rambling...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

but the optics are bad.

Only to those who see through the pathetic veil of race victim eyes.

Ebola has at least a 50% chance of death for anyone who gets it. The only reason Duncan died is because of Ebola is Ebola. Period. You people are 100% over eager to play the race card. Chill out. For the love of Christ.

When I see how easily such stupid people, as Jesse and his race baiting friends, have great powers to influence, I realize that this world is a bad joke.

edit on 9-10-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As a white natural born citizen, I've been released from the er with complete eshaphagial obstruction, only to be admitted the next day, completely dehydrated in need of an emergency scope because I'm poor. Where's my advocate?
Oh, that's right, there's no justice for the poor.

Not saying there isn't a race problem in this country, just saying it's not the case here IMO. The failing system is.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

Denial is a powerful thing. I don't have it. I'm not getting sick. I'm not getting sick. I don't have it. Maybe this is just something else. I don't have it.

You play mind games until you can't ignore it anymore. Then you go in, and if what you tell the nurse isn't explicit enough, she may simply think you are another one of the resident Liberian immigrant community instead of someone who only recently (as in a few days ago) left Liberia. Who knows, you may even still half be in denial yourself and willing to believe her when she tells you it's just a bug and sends you home because that's what you want to believe.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

a reply to: 8675309jenny

Geez...calm down. It seems everyone pretty much got what I was saying except you. If I misspoke, my apologies, maybe I should have said every other person *treated* in the U.S. And by that, I mean all of the whiteys. LOL!

The other people who were treated in the US for ebola where the healthcare professionals who caught ebola directly from treating ebola patience. They returned to the United States knowing they had, or most likely had the ebola virus. What protocols were in place in the hospitals, before Mr. Duncan's case, that specifically said any and everyone who comes to the clinic or er with any sort of viral symptoms and has recently traveled to Liberia are to be considered to be infected with Ebola, until tested negative?

Before Mr. Duncan, the media may have been discussing ebola and showing where it is and the cdc was beginning to put policies in place and set up quarantine areas, just in case. But, Mr. Duncan was the VERY FIRST person that was diagnosed inside the United States with the virus. Unless the medical staff was given specific orders to treat all persons from Libera as if they had ebola (which, btw, could become a racist issue in itself), then how can they be held accountable for not treating him like he had ebola.

He stated that he recently traveled to Liberia. Did he tell them he may have ebola? Did he tell them he was exposed to ebola?

This is not a race issue. He was treated the same way anyone who walked into urgent care with the same symptoms would have been treated. Except, many people with the same symptoms are only assessed by a PA and don't even get in front of a real ER doctor. Duncan was seen by a real live Doctor. This doctor didn't even know to treat it as ebola, since it wasn't yet protocol.

Medical professionals are not fortune tellers. Now. NOW, the hospitals know to check for ebola, thanks to Mr. Duncan.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Yeah, I don't really disagree with much of that...as my post history will support. My original post in thread pertains to the optics. A subsequent post pertains to the very low bar for claiming discrimination - which is the thread topic. I'm not saying the family is right, just how they may have come to that conclusion.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

a reply to: SourGrapes

Yeah, I don't really disagree with much of that...as my post history will support. My original post in thread pertains to the optics. A subsequent post pertains to the very low bar for claiming discrimination - which is the thread topic. I'm not saying the family is right, just how they may have come to that conclusion.

Honestly I think someone "helped" them come to their conclusion.. Who that someone is, well, I have my theories, but they are only that, and I think its' only about money, not really because they believe that they were discriminated against..

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: vkey08
and I think its' only about money, not really because they believe that they were discriminated against..

of course it is all about money.
discrimination didnt play into it and probably never even crossed their mind until the race pimp came to town.

now its all about getting paid...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Try seeing Jackson as an operator. Whenever he shows up in his capacity, the issue at hand actually loses creditability. That's his job, that what he is tooled for whether he knows it or not. Hes a useful idiot, maybe a true believer of sorts and a PTB house person.

Anytime they need to insure division in america they send Jessie or Al.

This guys wife, rather than being seen with some pity for her loss, will now be classified in the minds of many as a a dumbazz, politically ignorant tool.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I completely agree. When Jesse came on scene, any rational American should have rolled their eyes. I actually felt more sorry for Duncan's family because - in their darkest moment - their grief for his loss and fear of becoming ill themselves will be reduced to nothing more than a sideshow in the carnival and hate-fest that is U.S. politics.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If Jesse shows, what else would you expect. He is the guy slipping the race card into the deck to rig the game.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: vkey08
and I think its' only about money, not really because they believe that they were discriminated against..

of course it is all about money.
discrimination didnt play into it and probably never even crossed their mind until the race pimp came to town.

now its all about getting paid...

Lady doesn't understand what a wonderful poster child she makes. She also doesn't understand that Jessie isn't there to talk about her faith in God and how her husband has gone to be with the Lord. In fact woman tone it down. Let Jessie tell you how you are the latest victim in a long litany of crimes against blacks in this country. By all means don't resign this to fate! After all whitey made the Ebola stuff! Never mind what you really know happened. Let us interoperate and spin the events for you in a proper light. Hay, maybe even a movie deal down the road.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join