It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-proprietary Spirituality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The best way to describe non-proprietary spirituality is that it cannot be adequately described; it has to be experienced, felt, internally understood. Otherwise I will define it as best I can: Perhaps most basically, non-proprietary spirituality is not anything with a name, label or any other designation. It's a way of life, a manner of being and doing, an attitude or overall outlook. It does NOT require outright BELIEF in ANYTHING unproved, while at the same time does not discount the apparent possibility of whatever TYPE of singular Supreme Being unless proved otherwise, or at least unless much better evidence to the contrary of such existence becomes available. A genuinely SUPREME Being (if applicable), it must be clear, is one who is of the highest moral-ethical power, not necessarily one who exhibits merely the most RAW power. Proof is defined as that which is BEYOND good or even VERY good evidence, but unequivocally, incontrovertibly scientific or otherwise verifiable fact.

Non-proprietary is THE only PURE spirituality, as far as I can tell, and is the ultimate liberation of the mind and soul, or the mind and whatever else, if applicable, that constitutes the entirety or essence of a being. It's a true and thorough connection with whatever and/or whomever REALLY exists, even IF such existence is wholly one's higher self, though I believe very strongly (rightly or wrongly) in the intelligently unseen (IU) - be it singular and/or plural - in general. However, for all we KNOW, the quote from (the alleged) Jesus of Nazareth, "Know that ye are gods, for the Kingdom of Heaven is WITHIN," might be the sole and exact truth, thereby making only the higher self "God."

Yes, obviously the Christian dogmatists offer a very different interpretation, but it's strictly an INTERPRETATION barring REAL (by definition) proof.

Non-proprietary spirituality is about DESIRE over blind faith - desire for greater, higher knowledge and its practical applications, higher experience and MEANING for a change. It distinguishes between good faith and blind faith. Have faith in cooler heads prevailing, winning absolutely, whatever it will require to get there. Have faith in forgiveness, attaining clean slates (or perhaps something close enough) and solving problems WITHOUT resorting to the same old pathocratic ways of revenge and punishment. One should meditate or connect as often as necessary, in whatever way one is comfortable, have patience and "keep your eyes on the Prize."

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lightworth

Amazing, but kind of anticlimactic isn't it? Oh well, onward then...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
beautifully written and I agree.

I think the divine is beyond words and any other human standards. The only way is to experience it for yourself by looking within. But it is so hard because we are easily misguided and are too attached to our physical reality and our ego. If only everyone would try to look behind words of religions and try to really give it a try - to live truly spiritual life. That is life with good morals. Life with choices made from love, selflessness, compassion and forgiveness. Which all religions have in common in some form. If intentions are good and from the hearth then the path will open for everyone searching for answers within by meditation or other methods.

And I think that religion and spirituality are to intertwined together. Religion personally for me is something which are only guides to lead a happy and fulfilled life. And every one aspires to be happy. Religious or not. If you do good you will feel good and goodness will return in some form it is that simple!

So instead to have faith in gods and other beings we should have absolute faith in ourselves. We should think like beings capable of infinite love - first for ourself and for others, which is one in the same. Because we are those beings we just do not know it because of the way we live and are searching in wrong places (outside) with wrong intentions (ego).

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lightworth

for the Kingdom of Heaven is WITHIN," might be the sole and exact truth, thereby making only the higher self "God."

We are to seek it within, not without. Everyone has a soul, a direct conduit to the sprint world. Like the physical body it has eyes ears and a mouth.

Thats why Jesus also said he who has an ear…

As far as describing the spirit world all descriptions fall short. How can we use words to describe what isn't about words at all?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Your thread brought to mind an experience I had in the dream/astral realms. I was walking in a very peaceful and sunny park down one of the many walkways. I happened across an old man dressed in a style of clothing common to the early 1900's. He was looking at a newspaper sitting on a bench on the side of the pathway when I was walking past him. As I was just about to pass him I realized I was dreaming. I got excited and looked over to him and told him my realization. He lowered his newspaper and told me I am over and over like a broken record. Then in the sky a portal/tunnel appeared and sucked me through. on the other side was pure white light that I merged with and the feeling was indescribable. There is no humanly way I can describe to you the the feelings I felt accept pure and unconditional love. Ever since then I have been practicing the kind of spirituality that you speak of. It has just become a way of life for me.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

?? the old man just said " I am, I am, I am" etc?

You just came back?

Most experiential things I've experienced I consider
spiritual materialism.

Most religions mistake the methods used to teach young
children for how to handle adults

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There is no such "thing" as a "soul" or a "spirit".A person or a thing that is alive is a soul animated to life by "spirit"… Life.It is a living soul.A mans "life" is the "spirit of man".That's it.There is nothing mystical about it.There is no "soul" or "spirit' living in you that is the "real" you.

Spirituality is just meaningless mysticism and a false construct of religion.All of mankind is born with a "religious" nature.The amalgamation of all of a persons experiences form their belief in faith of "their" Belief System(BS) religion.This BS is false because it is a "perception" of life "through "belief" which is "not knowing".

Spirituality is just a way of saying "'my religion"(BS). Just because it might not have "herd religion(Christianity,Islam Buddhism) beliefs as the foundations does not make it "higher".ALL religion(BS) is incorrect and false and is not the Truth.

The fact is there is no such thing as transcending into a higher spiritual realm.That is the carnal religious mind (satan…which means adversary not a EVIL spirit being) mind believing it's own BS.

Life is so much more simple than the majority want to "believe" it is.The purpose of (secret) of life is…LIVE…because that is ALL you can do.You CAN"T know what happens afterwards and it wouldn't matter one bit if you did because you have ZERO control over it….. and if a person"knew" what LIFE was they would know they have no control over it either.

edit on 8-10-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

No, he repeated, " why yes, yes you are" over and over again like a broken record; it was very creepy.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

I don't relate to absolutist beliefs of ANY kind without proof, and in your case, especially when there has been more than plenty of very good evidence of the unexplained, the intelligently unseen IN GENERAL, which is (at least basically) SCIENCE we don't understand, not "magic" or "supernatural." I've had a few or several such experiences myself, but choose not to mention them publicly (any more) because I'm not AT ALL interested in sounding unstable or at least suspicious in absence of proof. Dismissing the entirety of the unknown-unexplained as the fanciful, delusional or otherwise mistaken is as RELIGIOUS as the traditionally archaic, primitive, simplistic beliefs of currently recognized religiosity. The honest way is to admit that no one truly KNOWS of the existence of the soul, afterlife and/or reincarnation (yet?), but in the least there is still plenty more to explore.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Lightworth because: clarification

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Non-proprietary spirituality is about DESIRE over blind faith - desire for..

"Desire is the source of all suffering".

A quote from a spiritual source.

So, good luck with all that..

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

Desire is how a lot of real changes - for the better, by definition - begin. How much desire has been behind advancements in medicine, health care in general? Not all of them were by accident, and probably not most. That's quite the opposite of suffering. Besides that, desire is more often than not the basis of all types of progress.

To which spiritual source are you referring? Is it the Buddha? Whoever it is, again I don't subscribe to the absolutist belief in the total infallibility of any given spiritual teacher, no matter how famous and influential.

new topics

top topics

join