It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian street fighting kangaroo style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This was all over the news last night so I'm sure some of you have seen it already. For those who haven't this is one of the most mesmerising videos I've seen in a long time.

Two male red kangaroos duking it out in a suburban neighbourhood for a good five minutes. Awesome how they spring back on their tales and kick each other. The balance between bouncing between their tales and legs is an amazing feat of nature.

edit on 8-10-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
OP fixed link

edit on 8-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

reminds me of 2 drunk nerds fighting back in high school decades ago, without the fur and tail, of course

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I saw this video yesterday and all I can do is apologize that my family seems to have absolutely no home training. They don't know how to act out in public and that is the exact reason why we can't have nice things.

I would disown them, but the one on the right has a pretty good amount of money and I am hoping to cash in on the will at some point.

link   
Funny thing watching them slap each other across the face up top, then the awesome powerful punches from down low.

I think it may be the power in their tales(third leg) that ultimately decides who is the winner.

link   
This will be funny, roos like to kick each other in the nuts. Gonna get some popcorn for the show.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This was on Good Morning America yesterday. Btw that is a really pretty neighborhood. I love the houses and that silver El Camino looking car is awesome.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's cool how they use their tails like kick-stands on a bicycle.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
A Holden Maloo, based on the car that Americans know as the Pontiac GTO... Wish they would sell them here...

I guess kangaroos have never heard "keep your head down! You don't want one on the chin!" Looks like a girl fight... "not the face, not the face!!"

a reply to: maybee

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
A Holden Maloo, based on the car that Americans know as the Pontiac GTO... Wish they would sell them here...

I guess kangaroos have never heard "keep your head down! You don't want one on the chin!" Looks like a girl fight... "not the face, not the face!!"

a reply to: maybee

Whish they still sold them here. There will be no more after 2016... sad times indeed.

Back on topic: How did this make the news in the states when its not even news here? Yeah it was viral on social media but never hear a peep about it on tv

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Embedded for you.

Hmmm, never mind. Didn't work for some reason.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
When I was a kid we were celebrating Christmas with the whole family at Jindabyne. I wandered off and stumbled across a Big Red who seriously started to come at me. I've never run so damn fast in my life lol - it was nearly double my size at the time, with shoulders that looked like Arnold Schwarzeneggers!

Now I live on a farm just outside Lithgow, i'm surrounded by Roos now lol.
edit on 8/10/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
When I was a kid we were celebrating Christmas with the whole family at Jindabyne. I wandered off and stumbled across a Big Red who seriously started to come at me. I've never run so damn fast in my life lol - it was nearly double my size at the time, with shoulders that looked like Arnold Schwarzeneggers!

Now I live on a farm just outside Lithgow, i'm surrounded by Roos now lol.

And I thought the rabbits were bad in my neighbourhood.
It's a pretty scary thought having a couple angry guys like this hopping around the streets looking for trouble. Do they actually hop around eating shrubs from the landscaping?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Finally a perfect soundtrack to a vid...

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Do they actually hop around eating shrubs from the landscaping?

Fences mean nothing to roos, and yeah they can be a pest in farming areas not only eating crops but trampling them as well. We have professional shooters come here a few times a year to cull them back. I know that might sound horrible to non-Aussies but you have to understand, in some areas they are at plague proportions. I could walk outside now and spot 30 of them just in the paddock next to me.

I should point out that roos are very rarely seen around cities and larger populated areas, they tend to stick to the countryside.
edit on 8/10/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm totaly disgusted that you posted this vid

Me and my mate were betting on it and it did'nt even show the winner

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I know right?

I was watching intently waiting to see what would happen myself. Maybe round two will show up somewhere. It is better than watching boxing, and you don't have to pay the ungodley rates at Payperview.

@Kazaar
Here you go. The loser gets knocked out and put to sleep. Crazy, amazing animals.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

Saw this on the news tonight! So cute!

The only wild animals that fight in my neighborhood are raccoons and opossums, they're just not as cute as kangaroos.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I've always thought than Kangaroos are one of the weirdest animals .
Yes there are much weirder looking, much more colorful and much more alien looking things both on land and underwater but 'Roos are just weird.

top topics

join