It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Set Up A Fake Facebook Page In This Woman’s Name

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If it was illegal the cop would have been charged with a crime.

Where are you from??

edit on 7-10-2014 by CraftBuilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

If you were to misrepresent yourself as someone else without defrauding someone or doing anything illegal at all, there is no real law that says it is illegal. If you sign someone else's name on a form it is illegal because there is evidence. If you impersonate a police officer or government official there are laws against that.

You can sue someone in court and wind up winning a law suit if someone cons you this way but I do not think you can go to jail unless you impersonate a government official.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I am not saying this action is right, in fact I think it is definitely wrong. I am just saying our laws have loopholes in them that can allow some things to be legal under certain conditions. I'm still impressed that the guy did that, he has a lot of ingenuity.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: rickymouse
If it was illegal the cop would have been charged with a crime.

Where are you from??

If you walk into a restaurant and tell the waitress that your name is John Doe and you work as a programmer for Microsoft making a million bucks a year when in fact you work at McD's on the other side of town and rented the car you drove up in for a day.......Are you breaking a law. Someone is named John Doe. There may be one working at Microsoft.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
words fail me how wrong this is and the page is still up after 4 years

i would go to war against those responsible and it would be a all out war with no prisoners taken to show them what it feels like

Maybe it is a job for Ats ?????
no point in having all the brains and not using them

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
UPDATE
They defended this ahole.

Big surprise.
I'm too disgusted to post the particulars so be my guest.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Feds are covering their tracks, now.

Fake Facebook page has been scrubbed.

You guys still think the feds don't use blackhat techniques on the net? This is a page right out of the sophisticated troll handbook.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The DOJ filing was in response to Arquiett’s lawsuit. Consider what the federal government is arguing here.

It’s arguing that if you’re arrested for a drug crime, including a crime unserious enough to merit a sentence of probation, the government retains the power to

(a) steal your identity,

(b) use that identity for drug policing, thus making your name and face known to potentially dangerous criminals,

(c) interact with those criminals while posing as you, which could subject you to reprisals from those criminals,

(d) expose photos of your family, including children, to those criminals, and

(e) do all of this without your consent, and with no regard for your safety or public reputation.

Once you’ve dehumanized drug offenders, it’s easy to steal their identities

The mindset that would allow government officials to not only engage in this sort of behavior, but to then fight in court to preserve their power to continue it is the same mindset that, for example, allows drug cops to compel juveniles and young women to become drug informants, with little regard for their safety — and to then make no apologies when those informants are murdered.

There you have it.

Before anyone steps up to say "Well, it's your own fault if you have done something wrong!" That's not even the point, it should NOT be accepted and people's identity that is stolen should not be allowable for law enforcement's own use. Plus not even to mention sometimes people are brought into crimes, and again, as explained above in bold.

Suggest if you have ever have been involved in a crime-explanation in bold above- and had/have photos online, or even uploaded to your phone, stoned online(cloud) etc, you should conduct a reverse image search*, in the very least.

*tinyeye.com

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

The mindset that would allow government officials to not only engage in this sort of behavior, but to then fight in court to preserve their power to continue it is the same mindset that, for example, allows drug cops to compel juveniles and young women to become drug informants, with little regard for their safety — and to then make no apologies when those informants are murdered.

This is already happening and has for quite some time. Young people are 'recruited' to be informants often as a result of getting busted. If they cooperate the charges get reduced or dropped. They also have no regard for the safety of the CIs and neglect to inform their informants of the hazards of informing.

The dehumanization of drug addicts and drug dealers has been in place for a long time, many decades. The biggest trick of the Drug War in my opinion is they have been able to convince many that are a better person with better morals than those who indulge with substances that have been demonized by the propaganda machine.

This has enabled the War on Drugs and the Prison Industry to explode. When the masses believe the are on a higher moral ground than those arrested for drugs, they cheer on the long prison sentences and SWAT team raids over some plants or a little bit of powdered plant extract. This has been going on for decades.

Finally it appears that the majority is now waking up the reality of the Drug War and we are now demanding change. These demands will only get louder.

edit on 7-10-2014 by jrod because: add quote

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well on the plus side, although obviously we weren't the only ones talking about this injustice yesterday, we did have a hand in putting pressure to make this fake FB page to dissapear, so congrats guys, we actually had a part in doing something worthwhile.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join