It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First hint of 'life after death' in biggest ever scientific study

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Of course he wasn't dead, because you never die. Only your body dies, but your soul moves on. To where is the question.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think that when you die you do leave the body, you are you and still look like you and you can carry on as normal just no one can see you.

With this theory you can be with and watch your family and children grow up until they die and you are there waiting for them to tell them what happens next.

I don't believe in any "tunnel of light" or hell. I think the concept of heaven is still being on earth but enjoying your family from an energy point of view (if this makes sense to you).

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I'm open minded so not disputing any claims, but I would like to how they are able to see? As living people we have our eyes, so what are the OBE people using?

I love to SPECULATE in these type of areas because nobody that is alive knows the real truth. With that said:

Perhaps our physical body is a form of device or shackling device to allow us to EXPERIENCE life under certain controlled criterias?

According, to the law of conservation of energy: energy can't be created nor destroyed in an isolated system. As far as I know that law hasn't been broken so it stands to reason that when we die somehow that particular energy that makes us who we becomes free/transformed.

Hence, when we die we become free from our body and that energy that makes us who we are goes back to the universe energy bucket. Perhaps we become part of the univese itself where there is no self identity and perhaps that is why the human vessel was made first place?

edit on 501031America/ChicagoTue, 07 Oct 2014 10:50:35 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 531031America/ChicagoTue, 07 Oct 2014 10:53:43 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't think this proves life after death. The only way that can be proved is by contact long after death. That way, we know there is nothing left of the body-the brain, but somehow, the energy(soul) survives. IMO, that's the only way. That's why I loved the Scole Experiment(if it isn't fake, which I don't think it was).

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

No it isn't moving the goal posts. All you've done here is highlight that humans and our current scientific knowledge don't have the necessary tools to produce the credible evidence to refute or confirm life after death. You may have even highlighted that it is impossible for us to do that. But because that is the case, doesn't give you the right to substitute questionable evidence in its place as confirmation of an afterlife then pretend like we are moving the goal posts when it is shown that your evidence is faulty.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine
Of course they are alive...How do you expect to learn anything from a dead person. Dead men tell no tales.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
IMO this is a great start as the journal indicates that we should be investing scientific research into these type of experiences:

“These experiences warrant further investigation. “

However, this is far from providing any real answer to the afterlife.

“We just don’t know what is going on. We are still very much in the dark about what happens when you die and hopefully this study will help shine a scientific lens onto that.”

edit on 001031America/ChicagoTue, 07 Oct 2014 11:00:08 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Great find!

This is just more evidence of life after death and the problem here is materialism. Materialism is a fantasy. It's a big miracle that makes no sense. It seeks to reduce everything to material components and what you end up with is pure nonsense.

They want to reduce everything to functions of the material brain and claim there's nothing outside of the material brain when experiments say otherwise.

I personally believe we have a non local quantum mind that exists in a higher dimension of space. This is why time is relative. We're observing events from the 4th dimension of space which we call time.

When you die, you reference frame goes from being local to being non local. This is why in these experiences people seem more aware because they're not bound by a frame of reference limited to 3 dimensions.

The material brain is a receiver. It processes information. There's a quantum mind that navigates and operates the information that the brain processes.

Materialism is a big miracle that can't explain anything.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
I starred your post b/c it's freakin deep and made my mind do a backflip.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: surrealist

Anyone familiar with the Pamela Reynolds Lowery case? There is Video on Youtube. Her account of the surgery taking place to remove an aneurysm in her brain. One of the requirements for the surgery was that there be absolutely NO brain activity taking place. This would suggest to me, that there is a state of consciousness and awareness apart from the body. Thoughts anyone?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Uh..he wasn't actually dead. Did you miss that part? Clinically dead is a machine reading. Actually dead is dead.

For three minutes he was unconscious while doctors fought to bring him back. If your heart needs to be restarted, then you will die because if the heart stops beating your brain doesn't work, allowing a near death experience to occur.

From the OP article:

“We know the brain can’t function when the heart has stopped beating,” said Dr Sam Parnia, a former research fellow at Southampton University, now at the State University of New York, who led the study.

I am also speaking from a personal Near Death Experience. My heart had to be restarted by a defibrillator because CPR wasn't working. This all happened in the Hospital ICU

And they found that nearly 40 per cent of people who survived described some kind of ‘awareness’ during the time when they were clinically dead before their hearts were restarted.

edit on 7-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

edit on 7-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I'm open minded so not disputing any claims, but I would like to how they are able to see? As living people we have our eyes, so what are the OBE people using?
What are you using to see when you dream?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: surrealist

Great article!

From my own personal Near Death Experience, I know there is something after we die. Before having the NDE I was so afraid of death, of not being alive anymore. I no longer fear death because I know that we don't really die, we just move somewhere else. While I'm still afraid of the process of dying, I no longer fear death because I know there is nothing to fear.

SnF! Love NDE threads/articles/info/all of it!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

The pineal gland (third eye), there are rods and cones in there. I assume that's what allows us to see our dreams too.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Kind of a dumb article. "First hint"? Medical doctors, -medical doctors-, have been delving into, researching this already for decades. The article seems to mention that, but seems to try kindly to discount those early scientists and researchers.

Of course, at the time decades ago when info was first beginning to go mainstream on this topic, ridicule was the reaction for the vast majority of scientists. More evidence mounts, those scientists slowly learn from the studies/science they ridiculued, and now do their own studies for probably personal gain. Instead of "that topic is ridiculous", it's, "Well the studies weren't very good back in the day.... but we can do it better!"

Let's start from zero as this topic starts to enter into scientific orthodoxy. What would we do without you. -.-

edit on 10/7/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Uh..he wasn't actually dead. Did you miss that part? Clinically dead is a machine reading. Actually dead is dead.

So not knowing if a person is dead or not, having no set scientific, measurable way of determining, we should just wait there....staring, to see if, perchance, they don't just hop right up.

You're discrediting established medical science."Measurements" being a large part of that. Please don't come to the defense of science.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Know what else I find interesting.......

Many Near Death and OBE experiences talk about how they are viewing whats going on from above, in the corner of the room........

Also many encounters with spiritual manifestations , seem to bare witness to these beings located, "in the upper corner of the room"

I just find that an interesting parallel
edit on 10/7/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Anyone care to propose a means of testing that the memory of these experiences didn't form after the patient was resuscitated? Seems to me like a pretty important piece of the puzzle before we can even come close to declaring that such experiences are evidence of 'life after death'.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

What are you using to see when you dream?

A recording. Not the same thing as decoding live data

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: VoidHawk

The pineal gland (third eye), there are rods and cones in there. I assume that's what allows us to see our dreams too.

But a person removed from their body has left the Pineal gland behind!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join