It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A friend of mine just died...of MAP infection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My old neighbor just called me and told me a friend of ours (34 year old female) just died. I was shocked because she was so young..I asked my neighbor what happened to her and she said she died of MAPS infection..I was like "what the hell is that?" I have never heard of this..she said it's like TB found in animals..I'm still just sitting here in shock..she had small children and her poor husband..this is just getting to be too much..

Have you guys heard of this? How did she get it..or how do humans get it? Is this common? I mean she went into the hospital late in the week and then died suddenly? This doesn't make sense anymore..

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hospitals and people that work in them are not safe places to be. There are sick people there!

I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

I'm just going off the wiki but it seems to cause death only in the disease that is transmitted to cattle and other non human mammals. The human form is Crohns which is nearly never fatal but can cause bowel cancer.

I would do some research if I were you. MAPs itself is not a disease (from my few minutes of wiki research, I'm practically a doctor right?) but causes disease. It is interesting though that it survives chlorination and pasteurization the anti bacterial process for milk and drinking water.

Take your frustration and do some research. See is this is bs or not. It could be that someone is at fault that you could seek justice against.

It could just be a random and tragic death. Either way I'm sorry to hear about your loss and hope her family manage to cope well.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

It's an infection of the digestive system.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You're getting your information second or third hand; while the diagnosis and death certificate may say MAP infection, there's probably more to it than that; a weak immune response, co-existing conditions, etc.

It's a zoonotic disease found in dairy cattle and while raw milk is generally pretty safe (because it's from small herds and the farmer has good reason to make sure his cows are healthy before selling the milk), it's possible she got this from either raw milk usage or being around animals in some other way.

Note that pasteurization doesn't sterilize milk and there are some bugs that can get through this process, and the symptoms of Johne's disease in cows (MAP) is indistinguishable from Crohn's symptoms in humans. This is hotly debated but there is a lot of money in the dairy industry involved in keeping the debate quiet.

Source of my information: 30+ years with Crohn's, had it for over 20 years before it was finally diagnosed. Doctors are generally pretty clueless, especially when a doctor visit in the U.S. consists of a five minute 'interview' and a piece of paper to go get blood work and then nothing is followed up on...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

My condolences...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This all sounds quite strange..I did go look it up before I came here..but all I found was animal cases of death..no human. She lived in town and as far/or as long as Ive known her she wouldn't have been around cattle? She certainly wasn't a raw milk type of gal. As long as Ive known her she has been in good health, never heard her mention she had stomach issues or conditions..this is just out of the blue. I take my neighbors word because she is a RN and doesn't just spread willy nilly diagnosis..I know she wasn't the nurse that cared for her but she was at the hospital when this went down. The friend that passed was also a nurse LPN. I guess Im just a little hypersensitive because of all the stuff going on with diseases right now.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
All these diseases lately is starting to freak me out. I am so sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss...

Condolences to you and her family.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear about your friend.
MAP - Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis

Given this natural history of MAP and food manufacturing practices, the following can be potentially MAP-contaminated and result in human exposure (ranked in decreasing order of probable importance):

Raw milk from MAP-infected dairy herds.
Ground beef originating from MAP-infected dairy cattle sold for slaughter.
Domestic water originating from surface sources vulnerable to runoff from MAP-infected farms.
Cuts of beef originating from MAP-infected beef cattle.
HTST pasteurized milk.

Read about MAP here
edit on 6-10-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
the human genome is made up of Evs, Protein sequences that come from viruses. Much of the *junk* Dna is unidentified Evs that replicated in the chromosom because of parasites carrying RNA code sequences, RNA is what build proteins, Strands of proteins within the chromosome merge together in the shape of a double helix for humans. Basically these things alter the DNA, Bacteria can have the same effect on DNA because it corrupts a cell to reproduce just like a virus does. Only viruses are smaller than bacteria and are not traditionally *alive* Because they can only be broken down *disasembled*. When infecting a cell the cell can be killed sure but the virus remains. the virus produces the effects we see appearing on cells, So we distingush viruses by looking at cells that are corrupted. Many viruses create *cancer*.

Bacteria tho can be very nasty because it can kill people pretty rapidly if not treated properly and within a good time frame.
Bacteria relies on carriers or material to feed off of to survive and usually cannot go dorment like how virus do *there are some extremely 'advanced' bacteria that can survive extreme conditions*

Basically, we are made of bacteria and phages maintaining redefined Cells which are human cells in order to assure survival. And sometimes bacteria trying to mass infect organisms to become carriers cannot be *tamed* because the variance in of RNA in the chromosom. The body has to change the proteins rna through reverse transcriptase or some similar effect to tame these organisms by programing them to be benificial or to write it out of existance by imploding.
There are many anti-gens that do this imploding thing. Anyways Life is a game of dice and everyone has a serial code number in their DNA. Everyones DNA is different and so these codes which are strings of letters sometimes don't have the altered letters that other people have called mutations. Some people are immune to some diseases well others are not and visa versa.

But besides the physical part of it. We are spirits propelling a meat suit, We are caretakers and we must take care of our bodies like we should our land. Because these organisms live externally before becoming internal. Anyways sorry to hear for your loss. But i'm sure she is having a crazy adventure right now walking in the spiritual plane surrounded Earth.

new topics

top topics

join