It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Kim out of sight, North Korean top brass pay snap visit to South.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think it's interesting that they are smiling and talking peace after the report that came out concerning tunnels under seoul. CNN

With a large number of nations currently fighting ISIS, Russia involved in Ukraine and China concerned with Hong Kong, could the North Koreans try an attack against the south? Could be they're just trying to catch them off guard. Perhaps there was a coup and the military leaders itching for a fight won and the plan is in motion.

No proof, just thinking out loud. Seems like a good time to try.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

I think it's interesting that they are smiling and talking peace after the report that came out concerning tunnels under seoul. CNN

With a large number of nations currently fighting ISIS, Russia involved in Ukraine and China concerned with Hong Kong, could the North Koreans try an attack against the south? Could be they're just trying to catch them off guard. Perhaps there was a coup and the military leaders itching for a fight won and the plan is in motion.

No proof, just thinking out loud. Seems like a good time to try.

I see from liveandlearn's post The Mail Online's story posted Friday, that a coupe is said to be done and dusted as many think. So, it's pretty obvious the press are in the know up to some point, although any news is not getting out immediately, The Mail doesn't seem to mention the visit in that story, while Friday was the day that SK officials got the request to visit, and the visit doesn't seem to be known in the West until yesterday. The lock down part must be treated as speculation to some degree since the top two NK officials made it to SK, one in full military dress.
This makes it seem to me that the military have taken over from the dictatorship without much problem.
I'm trying to find out what Andrei Lankov is talking about today, he seems to be the expert on the ground. He is Russian, fluent in Engish, and Korean and works in NK.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Chinese backed coup?

It would be the smart move by the Chinese. Once upon a time N. Korea was a geographical buffer keeping the US away. But now with the rise of asymmetrical warfare and the US actively undermining the BRICS by provoking Russia in the Ukraine, pushing its interests through Syria and into Iran, and possibly introducing a new strain of ebola in west Africa to undermine Chinese investment, this should have left the Chinese wondering if N. Korea was now a strategic liability and a way for the US to poke China.

A proactive solution for China would be to facilitate a coup, dump Kim, start reunification talks that could last a years or even decades. That would stall any possibility of war in Korea for a long time to come or at least long enough for the US dollar to collapse.

The Chinese are in this to win. I wonder when our glorious leaders will finally realize that globalization is bad policy, that free trade with our natural enemies is bad policy, that fiat currency is bad policy and that the banksters cannot be trusted. One way or the other we will all come to realize their folly.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
How many lash's on the soles of each foot,
for #$1!! in North Korea?

is that why Kim was walking gingerly across the stage??

Who gave the Lash's??

mystery deepens,,

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dieseldyk
Chinese backed coup?

The Chinese are in this to win. I wonder when our glorious leaders will finally realize that globalization is bad policy, that free trade with our natural enemies is bad policy, that fiat currency is bad policy and that the banksters cannot be trusted. One way or the other we will all come to realize their folly.

Yes and no, the thing is the Chinese are globalists too, as you say they have big interests in Africa, as is India, and the reason for that is manifest and a serious indictment of Western policy in their lack of crucial investment in Africa, a country that could feed the world, that was plainly stated by ex-World Bank chairman, James D. Wolfensohn a couple of years ago. He probably meant a deliberate act of of under investment, but it wasn't put quite like that since he was talking to a bunch of business students about the coming changes in world wealth distribution. Anyway, we now have a new World bank chairman for the next four of five years and guess what? he is Dr Jim Yong Kim...from South Korea, does that get the grey cells on the move?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

To fast!
I don't believe it was only a man holding back peace between a brother nation... it has to be more than that.
In times/talks of peace you prepare for war.

very suspicious..

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

To fast!
I don't believe it was only a man holding back peace between a brother nation... it has to be more than that.
In times/talks of peace you prepare for war.

very suspicious..

No wars, especially when the big money man lives next door, don't forget NK is still officially a dictatorship, regardless of the gossip, however I do go with the idea that the military are now in charge, but they ain't gonna do any warring.
China would be down on them like a ton of bricks, and who in the West would object? Thing is, Dr Jim took over the World Bank in 2012. Kim jong Un's antics with the boy's toys would not have made his military happy over the last couple of years, and it certainly didn't make the Chinese powers happy either.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I don't know, the world is a mess. International Chaos, at least in the media.
Planes are shot down or gone missing,
Suspicious outbreak of Ebola..
Beheading at 11 to 15 days rate
disrespect for international law
genocides (Palestinians for example)
Victims became the criminals
economic chaos
war on religion
war on terror
... you can add more

So, at tis point we can expect anything... from china, from Nk, from everyone almost.. so i still think this move is very suspicious and could be used to open relations/borders with SK and then strike from inside.

edit on 5/10/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
One can only hope and pray for peace in that region. Maybe Un had an "unfortunate accident".

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

Didn't they say that lil' Kim was suffering from broken ankles due to eating too much cheese? Wonder if they were deliberately feeding him like a turkey

Everything in your statement is right except for the last part. Instead of saying "like a turkey" should say "to a turkey".

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Lol I really loved peace brother cheech better .
Peace ✌

<< 1   >>

join