It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sure you submitted an amazing post, but I will never know...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Alright alright... This might be a sensitive topic, but everyone keep in mind that it's in hope to better the community...

Often times I roll across a thread, like for instance this one, that has an appealing title, a short summary, a link to a video, and some personal feelings.

What I just described is effectively the perfect ATS post - but there's one caveat. Many times that I roll over one of these topics, I have to simply close it out and 'walk away' from it for a couple of reasons. Often times I'm at work and would rather not be streaming 'UFOs INVADE CHINA' with any volume when I should be programming; which generally denotes that I will either forget to come back to it later in the evening, or that by the time I do come back, the thread has fallen off of the live feed, and I've forgotten about it.

The referenced case is an example only for the fact that I'd feel strange watching it for content reasons - but in some cases I'll come across a 2 hour documentary built in almost the same fashion.

All I might ask in instances where you're not posting textual references, or at least links to related texts - is that we might all share a little bit more about the content than a brief synopsis.

I.E.
""""
Per the video,
Bombing Syria got us 2358902394809 Trizzillion in potential oil revenue
Providing aid to Syria has yielded financial response from neighboring countries to the tune of 390810958019850 Gozzillion!
""""

Or... Something. Ya know? I'd love to know what that video has for hard facts; but I'd rather not have gloomy music with a dreary voice whispering sweet nothings into my ear over bombing clips at work.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I kind of get where you were going at first...
In which case utilise the subscribe button (above right) and it will save threads for you at MyATS...

I guess the second part of your post is asking others to expand on videos...
I'd agree with that, I don't always have time to watch videos and it kills any input I'd like to share in certain threads!

a reply to: DigitalJedi805

edit on 3-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Good suggestion; I'll have to start doing that - never paid attention to the subscribe button

And thanks for the support; I just hope none of this is mistaken for negativity. All love to ATS.

ALL HAIL ATS

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sooooo......you are on ATS while you should be working and sometimes this causes problems, right?

I agree that a complete summarisation would make life much easier but maybe the sollution to your particular problem can be found elsewhere..

I think the T&C's cover the posting of videos quite well.

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

Peace

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
Sooooo......you are on ATS while you should be working and sometimes this causes problems, right?

I agree that a complete summarisation would make life much easier but maybe the sollution to your particular problem can be found elsewhere..

I think the T&C's cover the posting of videos quite well.

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

Peace

What he said!!!!

If you come across super minimal posts like that, click "alert". I know it makes one feel a bit like a snitch, but in those cases the staff usually ends up getting the OP to repost in exactly the manner you are wishing for. WIth a description, details, and their personal thoughts.

It's win for everyone when that happens as it opens up a much more focused dialogue.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

a reply to: operation mindcrime

Fair analysis Mindcrime, and thank you Heff; I rarely look at much more than the reply or quote buttons - I just felt that reiterating the point would be a good reminder.

top topics

join