It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to deal with intimidating people?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Most people who are dominant are actual really scared people. They are control freaks and once they lose control their fears are resurfacing. They use domination/control to suppress those fears. So there`s a good change she`s just as fearful as you, maybe even more. Just knowing that can help out alone, but there`s also something which can be just as practical with anxiety...

It works for most people, it`s cheap, not harmful and is works well against anxiety (best to use it about half an hour before the class and right before again, and it can be used in other situations also of course). I advice you to try it and see if it works for you too :

Link

I gave you the link to the spray, easier to use in your situation, but here is the link to the drops for more reviews :

Link

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Some of the best advice I have ever read, I read in recent times and the advice was this.

Never seek the approval of other people because by doing that you are letting them control your life. You are the gatekeeper of your own life. Who you let in or exclude is up to you. Sometimes you also have to be the bouncer as well. - Ishia Henkle 2014.

good luck
edit on 2-10-2014 by learnatic because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Clear the air, and talk to her. That was the only thing that I was able to do to remedy my situation at work.

When I first started working with my manager, internally, I went through something similar - due to how he acted towards me, it often seemed like I was on drugs around him. I couldn't concentrate, couldn't focus, and even though I knew my material, I would always look "dumb" in front of him.

The only way I got around this was calling him out, saying that the comments and attitude he had towards me wasn't conductive to my learning on the job - he toned it down a little with me, and my problem went away.

-fossilera

<< 1   >>

join