It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Big Planet 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The first Little Big Planet installment was my favorite, it brought something new to the genre and was an excellent adaptation of the basic platformer. The latter coupled with the ability to create levels gave it an unlimited playability quality although unfortunately, the recent production of levels has been limited to copy, paste and repeat.
When the second installment came out I was unimpressed, it failed in every respect by not building on the themes the first one became legendary for. Other then adding screen-racing-type play, media enhancements and the ability to create worlds instead of levels, it fell short in every way. In other words the changes made in number 2 should have been a given, for a title with such high previous merits, they failed to take that to the next level.
This new one though seems by first glance to have expanded in the ways the second title should have. Waiting on more information but there is a few links out there. There will be access to over 8.5 million community levels from the first 2 and the new characters mixed with some shooter type abilities should push this one to the level the second missed.

This 3rd in the series I hope follows the methodology of trilogy movies and is the best we've been waiting for!
I am a fan of these titles for the basic run through(horror/shooters are my preference) but my daughter has just grasped the concept of designing her own worlds. If only I had an erector set such as this and MineCraft when I was young!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I love this game. My kids love this game. Anyone that think FPS are better hasn't played this game.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This isn't really my genre, although I love Minecraft. My girlfriend is really excited for this game. I feel bad for selling her Atelier games with our old PS3, so I'll probably be getting this one for her.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

I've never played those.

I tend to agree, once I blast through these games to the end, I tend to lost interest. Though some of LBP's bonus levels created by users were awesome at times. I am the same though: 1st person, shooter, role playing maniac. Give me Fallout 3, Uncharted 2/3, Dead Space, Skyrim, Last of Us, AC, BioShock, Shadow of Colossus, God of War, Battlefield and I'm happy!

I think I added you yesterday to my PS4 network, it shows my ex with the initials A.R. as the name(I commandeered the PS4 in the breakup, he never really played anyway). Hopefully soon I will be able to actually have enough time to play it, it only took me a month to update it, school started for 2 kids, real busy with work also.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

If you added me, I didn't see it. Still new to PS4, so haven't paid much attention to my notifications! Also kinda jumped right into SoM last night. I'll double check during lunch this afternoon. I understand that work life, don't have enough time for anything

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I didn't really care for playing littlebigplanet but I loved creating levels in it.

The level editor was so simple to use and that allows the kids get creative; which is great. Creating content for a game is just as rewarding as playing it IMO.

I spent many hours with the Elder Scrolls construction set before I finally finished my tavern with it's own characters. I was beaming with pride when my merchant necromancer would sell me his wares, eat dinner at the table, then go to sleep in his own bed.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I want so bad to get Skyrim for my computer so I can add all the MOD's. I've seen some that are just incredible but I never made the jump from PS1-4 to computer gaming. Even Fallout 3 has some world tweaking additions the make the game feel totally different.

That was my issue with the X-Box from the begin with, it's windows with a joystick!

I used the alchemy/enchantment/smithing glitch to make my player pretty much a god on the second play through, which became more fun to me then the first play through because I could just blast through the game experiencing everything. I built all the houses, bought all the residences, married, got kids.

The only thing that gave me trouble was the Ebony Knight without using the enhancements, I didn't think it would be fair to do it with them. Man did that guy beat my ass.

Well someday, maybe after I build my next pc in a year or two.

edit on 10/1/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

top topics

join