It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minimum Wage Should be £19 per hour in the UK.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Minimum wage should certainly be more in order to pay for increasing costs of living!

As I've stated before somewhere on this site, what goes up must come down at some point though, either that or costs need to stagnate and just stop rising, it's ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The trouble is I suspect that those who control the world economy actually live merrily in palaces in the UK. Every law concerning finances passed whether by Blair to Cameron is purely done to remove yet further any responsibility of the elite and to keep their operations secret.

The prof has done us a good turn bringing up his figures because with the wealth this country generators - were run in a similar manner to Germany, people would not be starving and going without. We would have had proton scanners in the NHS, everything in the UK is run literally on the lowest possible budget, whilst the budgets that benefit corporations and the elite are untouchable. Our foreign aid gbujdget is purely to let corporations into countries to steal their resources. If you notice the tax situation, I suspect cameron won't allow the mansion tax to be put in place so his buddies get yet another tax break.

I don't know if Milliband will be able to make a difference as he seems to follow his father's politics, but he still would keep the aid budget for israel etc regardless of the fact that that money should be going to people who actually need it to save lives in other less well off countries, which suggests corporations will do as well under him.

The argument that small businesses couldn't afford £19 minimum wage is also a mistake because without the elite creaming money off from the wealth generated by this country, our business running costs and taxation would be considerably lower; demand would leap up as people would be able to purchase considerably more in goods and services which again would benefit small businesses. Importantly with the feel good lifestyle of a better minimum wage people would live to a higher standard of living and health care. Its a mistake to allow money to stagnate within so few hands as all we have through this is the lack of hope that anything can be don e to im prove living in Britain for the Brits. Cameron lies that the economy is getting better - implied for all of us, but really meant just for them and their mates etc.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: Shiloh7

Minimum wage should certainly be more in order to pay for increasing costs of living!

As I've stated before somewhere on this site, what goes up must come down at some point though, either that or costs need to stagnate and just stop rising, it's ridiculous!

Minimum wage increases are indeed intrinsically tied to inflation.

The concept being that you should be able to live on a full time minimum wage job. 6.5 x 37.5 x 52 = £12675. given your allowances only £2675 would be taxable. Then you would also receive working tax credit of £2825, which would bring you up to £15'500 pa.

It's not a great living but it is more than survivable.

Korg.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Can't afford to buy a property on that though.... you will be forever 'Renting' at the astronomical costs 'Landlords' put on rents!!

!5 Grand per year minus around 6 grand per year for rent... leaves you with 9 Grand to live off and pay bills!! That's the figure you gotta look at.
edit on CDTThu, 02 Oct 2014 07:10:10 -0500u3107x110x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Korg Trinity

Can't afford to buy a propery6 on that though.... you will be forever 'Renting' at the astronomical costs 'Landlords' put on rents!!

!5 Grand per year minus around 6 grand per year for rent... leaves you with 9 Grand to live off and pay bills!! That's the figure you gotta look at.

True...

But when it comes to jobs it's horses for courses.... if you want to further yourself then either train for a higher paid job or work your way up.

You would have to be some kind of special person to be stuck on minimum wage your whole life!

Korg.

edit on 2-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
People aren't ready for it to be socially acceptable for "poor people" to make money. That's the beauty of a free market system, everyone can be a CEO right? Or at least only the most motivated, greedy individuals. If you work hard enough, anything is possible. Unfortunately someone always has to be there to flip the burgers at McDonald's and BK, because without them nobody would have anything to bitch about from their ivory towers when they ask for a fair wage so they can afford to live. What does it say about a companies business model that they would collapse financially if all their workers where paid $15.00? Even when this company made 4 billion last year.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Can't afford to buy a property on that though.... you will be forever 'Renting' at the astronomical costs 'Landlords' put on rents!!

Why is everyone bent on buying property?

The reality is that for some people buying a house will always be out of reach, especially if they want to live in a nice part of town! If you really were obsessed with buying a house/flat there are places where there are sub £50K. Many people want to live in London, Oxford etc (for example) and complain that it's unaffordable!

Also, rent may be high in some places, but people on low income get housing benefits etc...

People expect too much from the State!

Regards

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

For me, there are several reasons why I would prefer to buy than rent (I rent myself, to the tune £1000 a month for a crappy, 3 bed pre-fab made out of matchsticks and wasp spit:

1. So I'm not paying somebody else mortgage - invariably rent's are more expensive anyway as you have to pay the other guys mortgage as well as some "profit"
  2. Family security and stability - rentals in the UK are done on short term leases, 12 months being the norm. It is difficult to bring up a family in a rental as you're never quite sure if your going to be in the same area in a years time.
  3. Come retirement, those who have bought a property outright over their life can survive quite easily on their pension income as they no longer have a mortgage to pay. If you don't have a property and must pay rent, even into your 70's and 80's, how is this going to work?
  4. Yes, houses can be bought for 50k, but 200 miles from your job and in a crap part of some run down, ex-mining town. So you bring up your family in a bad area and still have to commute, which costs a fortune, to your place of work. People don't want to live in London or Oxford because it is "nice", but because it is usually near to where they need to be for work.

edit on 5/10/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The only way not to have to compete with foreign slave labor is get rid of free trade.Tariffs on imports.Then our product can compete and jobs will increase here as local manufactured sales go up.a reply to: camain

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join