It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ands its started in the UK, ISIS being used to clamp down on more Freedoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
BBC

Things to be banned

spreading, inciting, promoting or justifying hatred on the grounds of disability, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and/or transgender identity
proposing to overthrow democracy
members of the public, or a section of it, will be harmed

Harm is defined as:

at risk from acts of violence or other criminal acts
at risk from public disorder
at risk from harassment, alarm or distress
a threat to the functioning of democracy

so basically anything disagreeing with the government is banned.

Likley this post comes under

a threat to the functioning of democracy

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It reminds me of the video interview I saw of this British woman right after the subway bombing.They were asking her about giving up her freedoms and she said that was fine,that the government was trying to protect its citizens. Guess she'll feel even more protected now,right.

We have people here in America that are the same way. I've talked to them about it and they say that they are willing to give up their freedoms for more protection. What total fools. Neither this nor any other government can protect us from attacks. If someone wants to attack bad enough,they will. In the meantime their rights are gone and they have no one but themselves to blame.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Fact we are willing to sacrifice our freedoms out of fear from the terrorists means the terrorist have already won....

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Dimithae

Fact we are willing to sacrifice our freedoms out of fear from the terrorists means the terrorist have already won....

Actually there are 2 winners!

Your government AND the terrorists! Odd it is getting harder and harder to distinguish the two anymore.......

But hey! Look at the bright side, it's a WIN/WIN. Well, not so much for the average citizen.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think Australia beat you guys by a couple of weeks when it comes to using ISIS to announce and pass disastrous laws.

We've had 1 legislation out of 3 passed thus far (well, almost). Under one legislation, we have our freedom of speech and movement harmed.

In Australia it will be illegal to "advocate terror," whatever that is. Australians will also be banned from traveling to areas the government prescribes as restricted. States active with terrorism, for example, will be off limits to Australians, unless they can provide 'good reasoning' for being there.

Also, Federal officers will have legal immunity in Special Intelligence Operations. It will be illegal for Australian citizens to disclose any Special Intelligence Operation, or face 10 years for doing so. This will effectively allow the government to declare any operation, whether illegal or legal, as a Special Intelligence Operation, and get away with it. The identification of ASIO officers will also land Australians 10 years in jail.

ASIO will also be able to monitor the entire Australian internet with just one warrant...

This is just some aspects of one legislation. We have a metadata one coming up too... :/

Do you know what sucks? Our Prime Minister didn't even try to hide the fact that he is using ISIS to rescind our freedoms. He came out and blatantly stated that Australians are going to have to give up some freedoms for security...

Sorry to go on a little rant, but these human rights-violating laws are bull#. It wouldn't be so bad if they were narrowed down a fair bit...

edit on 30-9-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Things to be banned

Should the Tories win the election next May , more reason if it were needed to make sure that doesn't happen.
Let's not lose sight of the fact these are announcements made at the Tory party conference and any proposals would have to pass through both Houses of Parliament before they became law.

edit on 30-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Sorry to go on a little rant, but these human rights-violating laws are bull#. It wouldn't be so bad if they were narrowed down a fair bit...

I think it would be as bad if they narrowed it down a fair bit because all that would get you is a little more time for them to gradually erode that freedom into authoritarianism which is no doubt the end game.

That is what is happening all over the world currently in every country that has any level of personal freedom, it is being eroded bit by bit and it is taking place at a faster rate in some countries such as Australia and the UK. The only reason the pace is slightly lessened in the United States is because there are so many guns and so many people who still hold the Constitution dear and regard it as supreme law, take note, none of those people seem to be politicians.

They have taken a large part of our freedoms with the Patriot Act, the NDAA and by declaring that draconian spying and intelligence gathering on a massive scale against U.S. citizens without probable cause is perfectly legal when it is in fact in gross violation of not only the wording but the very spirit of the 4th amendment and freedom.

I have in the past tried to keep my hopes up that enough people would wake up to what's happening around them to effect change before blatant tyranny had set in, in America but honestly I have to say that whatever hope I had has since faded and I think the writing is on the wall. American government has descended too far into the abyss and has passed the event horizon.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Things to be banned

Should the Tories win the election next May , more reason if it were needed to make sure that doesn't happen.
Let's not lose sight of the fact these are announcements made at the Tory party conference and any proposals would have to pass through both Houses of Parliament.

Labour will do exactly the same too I bet.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Actually courts would define that and democracy is not particular to any one government. I actually agree with a good definition of this and a good definition of this would enhance any society and sharia would be gone in any form in the courts there.

Thats the way the higher, not even highest, for I would be really into making really detailed definitions and of course, good services, free medical and dental for all too, (world wide), world wide UN humans rights is. And they 1) don't go far enough, and 2) don't seem to have teeth to send in world police, not bomb squad, to right the bad countries.

We need a decent world that is both free and equal and run by grass roots citizens with lots and lots of power to fire on a dime all corrupt leaders and judges, and also, freedom of information, disclosure and an end to patents.
edit on 30-9-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
The only reason the pace is slightly lessened in the United States is because there are so many guns

Why does some American always use topic like this to bring there gunz into the convo?

This is NOT a gun topic.

Anyway the USA has in other ways more restive laws in other areas that are not yet in the UK. Your chemical and explosive laws are far more stricter in the USA. And we dont have any NDAA or patriot acts........YET.

Freedoms are being eroded in both countrys just from different angles.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

This is NOT a gun topic.

Every time tyranny is mentioned, especially as I was addressing the state of affairs inside the United States, guns are involved in the topic. America did not win it's independence with pitchforks and brooms. Firearms and firearm ownership are essential to freedom and personal liberty. You can not defend either without them.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

America did not win it's independence with pitchforks and brooms

~No it won it with French weapons and ammunition smuggled in.

Most the line soldiers regular weapons were French made

Look at any rebellion. If a uprising happens guns always find there way in, even in the most tyrannical situation. If there is a demand they will turn up, organised crime in the form of gun runners and foreign nations with vested interests (like the French in the US war of independence or China/Russia and the Vietcong) look at Syria? When things kicked off there was no shortage of weapons. Having pre gun ownership means little.

It not the guns that are essential its the will of the people to stand up. If they have that will GUNS will follow.

Look at the USA? No will and lots of guns and those guns mean F all cause the people have no will to fight, just sit back while freedom is taken away.

edit on 30-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So, your contention is that Americans should just turn them all in, give up our right to self defense and should the need arise for a second liberation from tyrannical government, rely on another anonymous nation to supply them with firearms for the cause?

Perhaps your views about firearm ownership are different than mine and that's fine but surely you must also understand why many Americans feel as I do about the subject.

Some of the greatest tyrants in the history of the world made it a point to remove firearms from the citizens, if history is a teacher, to dismiss firearms rights and trust in government is to be a poor student.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So, your contention is that Americans should just turn them all in, give up our right to self defense and should the need arise for a second liberation from tyrannical government, rely on another anonymous nation to supply them with firearms for the cause?

No I never said that did I?

If you have them you may as well keep them

What im saying is its foolish to right country off that dont have guns. As likley when push comes to shove they get them.

Perhaps your views about firearm ownership are different than mine and that's fine but surely you must also understand why many Americans feel as I do about the subject.

No Im all for gun ownership.

But I find it annoying when Americans bring gunz into every thread even if its not about the USA like they are really insecure or obsessed.

Some of the greatest tyrants in the history of the world made it a point to remove firearms from the citizens,

Yeah and in the majority of cases it backfired and the citizens still ended up with weapons of some kind the tyrant fell.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

That is not "Democracy" is call imperialism and a full blown dictatorship, I am sure that German Nazi would be so proud of what the so call countries that are the "leaders of freedom has become, specially with the elite in power bastardized version of their freedoms and Democracies.

Remember US is a Republic no a Democracy, while UK claim to be a Democracy first.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

That is not "Democracy" is call imperialism and a full blown dictatorship, I am sure that German Nazi would be so proud of what the so call countries that are the "leaders of freedom has become, specially with the elite in power bastardized version of their freedoms and Democracies.

Remember US is a Republic no a Democracy, while UK claim to be a Democracy first.

Reminds me of how the NAZI used the Reichstag fire.

And doesnt matter if the USA is a Republic, Democracy or Whateverorcy USA has its own form of tyranny creeping in with indefinite detention and militarised police ect

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

After reading your post, I did some quick research and found stories as listed below that flesh out your comments. I've long had numerous friends and co-workers from Australia; they all seem nice enough.

But what's happening with the Aussie government just baffles me. I know there are regularly scheduled elections and such and yet, it almost appears as though the gov't is a near dictatorship. Very strange. And I've come away with the impression that for the most part, Aussie citizenry either doesn't care or is so complacent they put up no fight whatsoever.

www.theguardian.com...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

That is my point, the US Republic right now has been crapped upon soo much by the Federal government and the people have lost what it mean to be, with years of drilling about the "beauty of Democracy" that nobody remember anymore its meaning.

top topics

join