It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im a mess!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I am.I can tell you all the reasons why in this post but I'm going to only tell you one and it's this:I can't write anymore.Let me go into more detail.All my life I've I've loved to writeI remember in fourth grade I started to want to write books n tried to write my first one then.I also loved to draw(that was something I was very good at and was given an award in fith grade which was the first time that an award was ever given) and would pictures in my chapters like a comic book but anyways...It wasn't until my freshman year that I stopped wanting to become an author(well not entirely)ad I figured out what I really wanted to be and felt like I was meant to be and that was a songwriter (hiphop songs)

Everyday I would bar after bar(mostly free verses more than songs) and they were dope! I would post my rhymes on MySpace and friends n others would reply and tell me that were great and that I should be a rapper.I wrote constantly up until half way through my junior year(I dropped. Out of school then). That s when my I could no longer really deal with my severe depression and go to school at the same time.Still I wrote and could express my self verbally could still come up with some dope lyrics.Now though I can't and that's why I'm posting this.

I can no longer express my ideas and how I feel through writing anymore.I try to but can't.Part of the reason is cause of my inability to concentrate which I always had a problem with but not this bad.It saddens me and rangers me so much cause I love to write and really feel that Ian something I'm meant to do.Alcohol helped some for a bit but I became an alcoholic so no longer am I using that to help.Has anyone went through this or have any advice please try to help if you can.Thankyou for reading my post sorry it was so long.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Flowfessional

I can no longer express my ideas and how I feel through writing anymore.

You wrote this out just fine. Who says you can't write?

Maybe you are having a little problem right now. Don't trip, this will pass. That urge to write will return and you will look back and be a little wiser and write a little better than ever.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I hope your oh God do I hope your right.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

writers block....im in the same boat with music....

sometimes i write like 20 songs and they all suck then i hit one masterpiece when I felt like i was writing good music almost daily when i was younger...

even the best bands out there just run out of stuff...just gotta slow down and cherish the one or two things you do write that are really good when it does happen

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You need inspiration.

Since you're on this site, I would say it's a safe bet that you like conspiracies, UFOs, alternative news, etc etc.
Look through the postings and see if you can put some of it to music. You could start a whole new genre: ATS rap

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
ATS Rap lol that would be cool

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I feel ya hammock when I was youn ger it's like almost everything I wrote was good and all the words flowed out easier and my creativity was off the charts

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flowfessional
I hope your oh God do I hope your right.

Life is life long, be patient with yourself. Admitting you are a mess is better than denying it. Shows you're human. If only more people could be that humble.
edit on 28-9-2014 by intrptr because: change

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think all writers at one point or another get writers block. It is normal and nothing to worry about it. There are many things that may inspire you such as music or being out in nature. It's different for everyone. Give it time and don't lose hope. Are you on anything for your depression or seeing anyone about it? Depression can take a hell of a lot out of someone.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If medical marijuana becomes legal in every state then I imagine a lot of people with artistic block will be cured. It is a guaranteed gateway to the creative part of the brain, and I think it can be used for many different mental, or emotional issues, not to mention many other physical ailments. I cannot be more clear than this without getting into trouble.

I am a musician. I write and record A LOT of music. It's my life.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think all writers at one point or another get writers block. It is normal and nothing to worry about it. There are many things that may inspire you such as music or being out in nature. It's different for everyone. Give it time and don't lose hope. Are you on anything for your depression or seeing anyone about it? Depression can take a hell of a lot out of someone.

No I am not on any medication but would like to be.Not any anti depressants though as they would just put me to sleep but I would like be prescribed adderal.I just started working again and am planning on saving some money to se a doctor.And you are very right depression can take a lot out of someone

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Well I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You need to clear your mind. If you meditate constantly each day you will soon find that the constant barrage of thoughts that bang about and confuse the brain slowly die out allowing the deeper and more subtle thoughts of inspiration to come to the forefront.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I used to be quite good at many things, somehow, someway i lost the skills i once had. It was dreadfully frustrating and depressing. Once i had accepted i needed to relearn i pushed myself very slowly and very gently. Finally I am moving forward, Im not yet at the stage where i can earn as i used from these skills, but see no reason why i won't be able to in the future.

Hope, every day write something, anything, even a shopping list. don't read it, stick the paper in a box, keep at it, then one day you will find yourself writing again as you used it.

this won't happen until you can empty your head and allow the words to flow through it.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, not to shoot the messenger or anything, but the internet wreaks havoc on concentration and attention span.

Maybe you should unplug, detox and go natural - in every way - for a while and see if that unlocks something.

Also maybe add some fish oil or coconut oil for brain health?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Thanks for the words some good advice

new topics

top topics

join