It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dragon's Holloween PumpkinHead Tale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Pt 1.

Syx flies into the cool night sky searching for a lost Friend. Off towards the interior of the island below He soars easily staying aloft on the warm updrafts coming up from the island below Him. He Loves being able to Shape Shift from Human into Dragon form at will. Such a delight to own the ability! He spotted the lost Friend who had gone missing a few days before, below walking near a small river.
Syx hollers down to Him, "Just travel the way I am now going to fly and You will find the Camp soon enough!" "Thanx Buddy!" His Friend replied.

The night air is cooling off the island surface, but for now there are plenty of warm air pockets coming up from Him below. Syx flies towards their camp a short way then seeing an area lit from what looks like a campfire, Syx turns Himself towards the new strange lighted area. He knows it is not the campfire of His other friends, as that is off in the other direction He was flying.

Syx knows his Friends are concerned for Their other Friend who was missing and He should carry the good news of His sighting of Him, that He was well and on His way back to camp, but He decided to go towards the other fire lit area first.

Nearing the light source, which is indeed a campfire, Syx can see some figures seated around the warm fire. Diving lower, to get a better look, Syx is startled at the nearing sight before him!
It looks like the 'People' are not People at all, but humanoid shaped figures, with what looks like, pumpkins for heads!!!

Seeing a clear area to land in, Syx heads for it so He may get on the ground and get a real close look at the strangeness He saw!!!
Landing as quietly as He can, Syx takes a few steps and then shape shifts into His Human form.

Looking around for some clothing, some that He has stashed in several places around the woods, He soon finds some. He quickly puts on the garments. Now walking towards the large campfire, He wonders what will happen when He walks into the fire area.
Now only about 20 yards from his destination, Syx begins to see, closer now, that yes the heads of these Entities are indeed Pumpkins! With eyes, nose, and mouths carved out of the once ordinary pumpkins He knew of!Syx walked right up behind one of the creatures and says, "Hello!! Do you have room for a stranger to sit with You all?!"

There were a few dozen of the 'People' sitting around staring into the fire and then They all turned towards Syx. Most turned Their heads slowly to see the Stranger amongst Them, but the one Syx had walked up behind, turned It's head so fast that it spun on It's shoulders a few times!! It reached up It's 'hands' and turned It's head to the proper angle to see Syx behind It. It's body was still facing towards the fire so now the head was completely backwards so It could see Syx standing there with his mouth dropped open in amazement! It was quite a sight indeed!!

"Yes fellow traveler, You may come near the fire to warm Yourself. Just sit down." The backwards facing pumpkin head said in a voice that had an echo sound to it. The fellow seemed to be quite mellow in His behavior. I am guessing It was a He! The others merely watched as Syx stepped over the many small logs that were cut to just the right length, placed on end for sitting on. They were however, placed a far distance from the fire!

"Thank You for Your kindness in letting Me join You" Syx replied to the one who spoke to him.

Syx noticed the 'hands' of These Beings were kind of similar to Our own. They were made of straw, or hay? There were Three 'fingers', and an opposable Thumbs, and He could see that they did bend and would be able to grasp objects, like We can do. But it was an odd sight to be sure! Their feet were the same as Their hands, as far as what they were made of, and had only four toes. He assumed Their whole body was made of straw, or hay as well. They wore no shoes. Their clothes were mostly old tattered long sleeved Flannel shirts, and They wore old riped up Blue Jeans. Some wore old faded coveralls.

Syx thought to Himself, 'Hmmm, so this is why the seats are placed so far away from the fire.'

Several large Crows flew into the campfire area and all the Beings jumped up and ran towards the Birds waving Their arms to make them fly away. They also were Screaming in high pitched sounds that was quite unbearable!

After the birds flew off, The Pumpkin Headed Beings returned calmly to the fire area and sat down. They once again just sat there and stared into the flames of the warming fire.

Syx asked one of Them, " Why did You All do that!?"
One replied, "They like to eat Our heads, and We cannot just let that happen, now can We?"
"No! I guess not!" Syx responded feeling a bit afraid for Them.

(Pt 2 Follows after the Two Posts Below)
edit on 28-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Shape-shifting reptilians, syx? Really, you think this is the place for that?

lol, jk jk

Cool story so far, on to pt.2 but... if I can, if your story spans multiple posts, its best to extend the story in a single thread rather than creating a new thread, dig?

Anyway, thanks for sharing with us!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Glad ya liked it so far and Wow, I didn't even think of that!
I Think I should Post Pt 2 back onto the original Pt 1,
even though it's opened in another thread.

Thank You!
Syx.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Pt 2.

One got up and walked away. He went over to a pile of Pumpkins and picked one up. He examined it for a couple minutes then walked to a table nearby and sat it down. He picked up a knife and began cutting off the top of the pumpkin and began cleaning it out. Completing that He then went to task of carving a face onto it. Once finished, He walked up behind a Being Who's head was shriveled up a bit, and tore it off the It's body. He placed the new head onto a stem sticking up from the neck area, looking like it was made of wood. Once the head was in place, the new 'Person' said, "Thank You! I would have done that Myself, but lately I just don't much care about anything. So I am glad that you took the time to do that."

The Being's mouth did not move when He spoke. None of Them had movement in Their mouths when speaking, the sound just came out of Their faces. Quite an eery sight! They all had different sounding voices. That, Syx found amazing! As a matter of fact, He found the whole reality of all this amazing and extraordinarily unbelievable!!

"I love traveling the night skies in search of new wonders to behold. I have found You all and I am in Wonderment for sure! I have never before seen such a sight!" Syx says to the group smiling.

"How are You able to fly in the sky as a bird? And what sight might that be?", One asked looking disturbed.

"Well ummm, errr, I uhhhh, well, You all here is what sight I meant, and I can fly because I am also a Dragon. I can take it's form whenever I want." Syx replied uneasily. He began to feel Bad Vibes from these Creatures.
"He's a Dragon, Kill Him!!!' One of the pumpkin Heads screamed! "He's making fun of us!! Off with His head!!!" Another of the Pumpkin Heads Hollered!!"

'Oh Wow, now I've done it!!!' Syx thought to himself.

The Crowd of Pumpkin Headed Beings started to come after Syx in apparent rage!Syx quickly turned and ran towards the deeper part of the woods and as He ran was tearing off His shirt, then started to remove his jeans to enable Him to take Dragon form soon. There were just too many of Them to try to Take a Stand! Plus He did not want to think of the sight, and sounds if He decided to shift into Dragon Form and Flame Them all!!

He could hear the PumpkinHeads Screaming as They ran after Him. They could actually run very fast, Syx realized. So faster He ran and soon neared an edge to the woods He was in. Pulling off His Jeans while running didn't work out very well and He hit the ground landing on his side. He finished getting off the jeans and once again was on His feet running from the creatures. Breaking through the brush and hitting open land, He takes His more familiar Dragon form.
Hobbling a few fast steps Syx began to beat His wings! They began to lift Him off the ground and as soon as He could, He flapped His wings fully downward. Up He quickly was rising into the night sky.

'That encounter went from good to bad very quickly!'
Syx thought to Himself. 'This is not right. I will return to have a talk with those beings. They thought I made fun of them, and I did not. They don't like Dragon's and I want to find out why.'Hmmmmm, maybe I will return after getting back to My Friends. I have been gone a while and I do not want to cause anxieties amongst Them. I will go there now and tell of My Discovery!'

The meeting with Those Creatures will have to wait another day. A day when I may return with All My Friends. There is Power in numbers, so I will plan for that day to come......

Syx angles off towards the fire lit area where His Friends were. Taking a few wing flaps, He was soon traveling very fast. He neared the edge of the woods where the land was fairly clear of tree's and prepared in his mind, to transform. He dove towards the ground at an incredible speed! So excited was He to tell of His discovery, He had forgotten to slow down before turning into His human form!

Turning human and going very fast, Syx hit the ground Hard and Tumbled and rolled several times before coming to a stop.
"Wow, I hope that doesn't happen again!" He said out loud, shaking His head to try to rid Himself of the dizziness that the 'landing' caused.

Brushing off some dirt and grass, He walked into the woods to find a stash of clothing so He could cover Himself before making it back to camp. He had a few cuts and scrapes on his shoulders and elbows mostly. He wiped off the embedded dirt with some large rough leaves. 'That should be fine for now' He thought to himself.

Now dressed and half recovered from His landing fiasco, Syx nears the Group of Friends He left some Hours ago. Only a few yards away from Them and the warm fire now, He announced, "Hey You Guys!!! You are never going to believe this!!!"

Syx sat down next to one of His Friends and told everyone of finding Their lost Friend and of the PumpkinHead 'People'. They sat wide eyed looking at Syx as He told of His adventure! They were astonished at the report! Once finished with His tale, and Some of the group asking questions, Everyone began to chat about other matters.

After all He had been through, Syx ended up feeling relaxed after having a pleasant reunion with His Friends.
They All had a Wonderful evening!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No worries. Its your call. Just a tip for posting in the future really.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Moved second part here. Thanx for the tip. I really do appreciate it!!
Syx.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Super fun read! Shape shifting dragons for the win!!

Kind of reminded me of Return to Oz with the pumpkin head.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Hi Jenny! Glad Ya Liked It! I know, ShapeShifting Dragons Rock!! LOL!!!
Just wanted to do a Holloween like Story, so here it is! Gonna do another, I hope if time allows.

Thanx for Reading! Later, Syx.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a Halloween story, yay!!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed this Syx!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night! Glad Ya liked this! Did Ya notice it was a continuance of Our ongoing "The Shed 2" Story? I took out the lost companions name for this. Gonna drop it into our thread, I think. It is long though...... Thanx for Reading! Later, Syx.

join