It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rats Leaving a Sinking Ship ? ...Another Tory Defects to UkIP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Breaking news of the defection to UKIP by Rochester and Strood MP Mark Reckless just a matter of weeks since Douglas Carswell jumped ship , this will cause more embarrassment for Cameron and give the Tories another tricky By-Election to worry about in the run up to the next General Election ... who said politics is boring.

The Rochester and Strood MP made the announcement at the UKIP party conference, in Doncaster.
Delegates started to spontaneously chant "UKIP, UKIP" when Mr Reckless announced his decision, which he said was not easy.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Mark Reckless MP

I await with interest the result of the 9 October by-election for Douglas Carswell's seat although the polls are predicting a landslide victory for Carswell , how many more Tories teetering on the edge will jump after that ? ....interesting times.

edit on 27-9-2014 by gortex because: Add video

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well thats all very well, but why is it that the wretched bastards (that is UKIP, the Conservative party, more than half the Labour party, and the entire leadership of the Liberal Democrats) cannot see that it no longer matters which colours they are "representing" with, that the only thing they can do to improve the situation for the common man in the street, is to suicide themselves in shame?

All Mark Reckless has done here, is swapped one set of total bastards, for another set of total bastards, and you can tell that, because he is still in politics. The only good politicians are either dead, retired, or quit after a week having seen the dark guts of the great machine which is the system.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I agree with your sentiment but that's what we've got and until someone can come up with an alternative we have to play the game.
I agree that UKIP are aturgid bunch but as long as they're a thorn in Cameron's side they're good with me , lets face it the nearest they'll get to power is a few seats in the Commons.

It's a game.

edit on 27-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Everyday UKIP seems a more and more tempting vote.

Sure as hell aint voting for the torys, Labour or Lib DEMS!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
I was a labour supporter up until 2010 and i did the unthinkable and voted tory i am so so sorry for inflicting these elitist CLINTS on the people of the UK.
Now i am voting UKIP same as the many hundreds who live by me ,have just watched their agendas on BBC parliament channel cant disagree with any of it and if you truly believe that they will get the odd seat then you are in for a nasty shock.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: gortex

Well thats all very well, but why is it that the wretched bastards (that is UKIP, the Conservative party, more than half the Labour party, and the entire leadership of the Liberal Democrats) cannot see that it no longer matters which colours they are "representing" with, that the only thing they can do to improve the situation for the common man in the street, is to suicide themselves in shame?

All Mark Reckless has done here, is swapped one set of total bastards, for another set of total bastards, and you can tell that, because he is still in politics. The only good politicians are either dead, retired, or quit after a week having seen the dark guts of the great machine which is the system.

And that is why I, as a yorkshireman (ie english for our cousins elsewhere), voted YES in the scottish referendum in the hope we could at least try and start afresh and break free of the westminster old boys network. Everyone who voted NO voted for these clowns and business as usual. Sad sad sad.

I mean Farage wants to keep the union ! I would have thought that was an alarm bell to left of centre Scotland sheeesh.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
can i draw your attention to the fact ,,that this method ensures they keep control of any party that is popular ,,no way have they suddenly realised the error of there ways,,this is about taking control from within as this is the party most likely to win the election.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
can i draw your attention to the fact ,,that this method ensures they keep control of any party that is popular ,,no way have they suddenly realised the error of there ways,,this is about taking control from within as this is the party most likely to win the election.

UKIP wont win next year maybe the election in 2020 but noway next year.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

See I am a Unionist at heart. Bits of me come from all over the isles, so I am British, not English, not Scots, nor Welsh, nor British Irish, but just plain old British, and I want Britain to remain one unit of people, all of whom share the fate of the others, with none having advantages over the others, with each person in it, being in the same boat.

I completely agree that the Westminster mob are scum, and should be publicly flogged for the stupid, insensitive, impractical crap they do. However, we should either fix it together, as one nation, or burn it all, because either way our fates are tied together as a people, as they damned well ought to be, and I am of the opinion that unless we can further unite our peoples, into concerted effort to remove the swine who are running Great Britain into the ground right now, then none of us deserve to be happy, and none of us deserve to have freedom.

All or nothing, every citizen freed from sly, back door tyranny, or none. We must suffer, or flourish, as one. If the Scots had separated from the rest of the UK, then that would not be a victory for them. It would have been a surrender, a cowardice, it would have been turning their backs and washing their hands of the rest of us, which I cannot accept. I am asked, "well, would you not do the same in their position?". And the answer is, no. No I bloody well would not!

With that in mind, I will not be voting UKIP either, and I would recommend against it. Some people might not have a problem with having a bunch of closet xenophobes running the country, but I bloody well do. I do not trust UKIPs motvies for what they do, or the reasons that their policies are the way they are. I think there is something deeply wrong with the party, at a fundamental level, and their behaviour at their conference, preceeding the speech by Mr Reckless, put one in mind of a Nazi Party rally, with members chanting "UKIP! UKIP! UKIP!". No... theres nothing right with the Conservatives, nor with the Labour party as it is today, and the Liberal Democrats will jump into bed with anyone for a taste of the big leagues. But UKIP are not a solution either.

I am begining to suspect that a new party will have to form, one which allows no xenophobia in its ranks, allows no millionaires, or their heirs to join its membership, a party of the people, by the people, dedicated to the betterment of the people, and to protecting the people from the forces at large which seek to divide them, and sap them of their energy, of their joy, of their ability to do more than simply survive. I believe that this party should not form opinions or policies of its own, but formulate policy according to the demands of the people, as and when they are instructed by the people on how to proceed on a given matter.

I believe it is time that the people of this country had a better option than foam mouthed, hatred spewing, sleazy looking morons like Farage, economic terrorists like the Conservative Party, or indeed the New Labour element of the current Labour Party, a better choice than the Liberal Democrats, who as a party have no honour, and united themselves with the political equivalent of Satan, just to take the joystick on the damned weekends.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: yorkshirelad

See I am a Unionist at heart. Bits of me come from all over the isles, so I am British, not English, not Scots, nor Welsh, nor British Irish, but just plain old British, and I want Britain to remain one unit of people, all of whom share the fate of the others, with none having advantages over the others, with each person in it, being in the same boat.

I completely agree that the Westminster mob are scum, and should be publicly flogged for the stupid, insensitive, impractical crap they do. However, we should either fix it together, as one nation, or burn it all, because either way our fates are tied together as a people, as they damned well ought to be, and I am of the opinion that unless we can further unite our peoples, into concerted effort to remove the swine who are running Great Britain into the ground right now, then none of us deserve to be happy, and none of us deserve to have freedom.

All or nothing, every citizen freed from sly, back door tyranny, or none. We must suffer, or flourish, as one. If the Scots had separated from the rest of the UK, then that would not be a victory for them. It would have been a surrender, a cowardice, it would have been turning their backs and washing their hands of the rest of us, which I cannot accept. I am asked, "well, would you not do the same in their position?". And the answer is, no. No I bloody well would not!

With that in mind, I will not be voting UKIP either, and I would recommend against it. Some people might not have a problem with having a bunch of closet xenophobes running the country, but I bloody well do. I do not trust UKIPs motvies for what they do, or the reasons that their policies are the way they are. I think there is something deeply wrong with the party, at a fundamental level, and their behaviour at their conference, preceeding the speech by Mr Reckless, put one in mind of a Nazi Party rally, with members chanting "UKIP! UKIP! UKIP!". No... theres nothing right with the Conservatives, nor with the Labour party as it is today, and the Liberal Democrats will jump into bed with anyone for a taste of the big leagues. But UKIP are not a solution either.

I am begining to suspect that a new party will have to form, one which allows no xenophobia in its ranks, allows no millionaires, or their heirs to join its membership, a party of the people, by the people, dedicated to the betterment of the people, and to protecting the people from the forces at large which seek to divide them, and sap them of their energy, of their joy, of their ability to do more than simply survive. I believe that this party should not form opinions or policies of its own, but formulate policy according to the demands of the people, as and when they are instructed by the people on how to proceed on a given matter.

I believe it is time that the people of this country had a better option than foam mouthed, hatred spewing, sleazy looking morons like Farage, economic terrorists like the Conservative Party, or indeed the New Labour element of the current Labour Party, a better choice than the Liberal Democrats, who as a party have no honour, and united themselves with the political equivalent of Satan, just to take the joystick on the damned weekends.

I will give UKIP the chance to correct these issues if not my vote will change.

They are not the BNP or EDL and i haven't found any of there polices racist or bigoted in anyway.

I like their policy's on immigration a points system similar to the aussie one.

And i want out of the EU and that overseas aid budget,which would be better spent on our homeless and poor and ill/disabled.

So i will be voting UKIP.

top topics

join