It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a new gaming group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm looking for a new group of gaming type folk with which to associate with. Whether you be a loner, or whether you have your own group, I welcome any invitations or suggestions. My current group consisting of various Canadian asians and stoners is sort of dwindling, and I'm desperate for fellow gamers with which to adventure and converse. May bring along a few of my current associates for the ride.

Here's my resume:

Methods of communication:
-Primarily Skype; group calls formed pretty much daily with remaining associates. Up to you whether you wanna join or not.
-Can do Teamspeak or Vent, but prefer TS

Platforms:
PC (Steam included), PS4 (Destiny only until PS4 gets more freaking titles, got SoM preordered though if it has multiplayer)

Games/Genres played:
-Adventure/Survival type stuff: Starbound, Terraria, Minecraft, 7days
-MOBA: Dota 2, Smite, LoL (but ONLY if we're desperate)
-FPS: Battlefield, Destiny, random other crap you find on Steam
-RTS: AoE type stuff
-Indie shiz, free to play junk
-Basically, if it has multiplayer, we're probably up for it, so long as it isn't a sports title or something incredibly monotonous...although one friend does play FIFA '15

Thank you for your patronage. PM me if you wanna talk details or share info.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

The only game I'm playing currently is ESO. It is monotonous, but I love the lore so much I just can't help myself. I do have one vet character on that game so far, a breton templar, and I tend to end up farming undead, but the vet levels crawl so slowly that it'll probably be awhile. I would like to get involved in group gaming at some point so I can PvP effectively. Cyrodil awaits!

Anyone who would be interested in contact me there can find me @Nechash on that game as well. I don't vent or anything like that. I can't stand the thought of other people hearing my real voice. lmao. I don't even own a webcam or a microphone. So I literally couldn't possibly. lol. ;p

If anyone is interested, I've bookmarked a guild for social purposes, and upon messaging me in game, I could invite you to that. I would eventually like to grow it to become a good resource for helping out other players and running a pretty active guild shop, but that is down the road, if I ever get to it at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Well I'm glad there are at least some people enjoying that game. I think I'll wait till Elder Scrolls 6.

Voicing is easy, just speak and sounds come out. Express your frustrations, voice your concern for the world and the mental health of your fellow gamer... whatever floats yer boat.

I've got a minecraft community site started, but it's missing the community. Don't know if I'll ever get to that either.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I only play Sins of a Solar Empire. Few friends and me have a clan there for old dudes like us but some young fellows joined us too since we got some popularity in the community. On the weekends we do massive compstomps with the hardest settings possible and vicious ais. We play and grab few beers together. Zero tolerance for rude behavior, which is usual in many online games.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

LoL (but ONLY if we're desperate)

Ey, common... This and WoW are the only games I enjoy.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

edit on 26-9-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I played minecraft. I spent way too much time digging for diamonds and avoiding nasties and not nearly enough time building anything. I tried to build a Cathedral, but I made the mistake of viewing the blocks structurally instead of viewing them as pixels, so it was too monotonous and unrealistic. It seems the best things in that game are build larger than scale peppering in different types of blocks to make a more realistic effect. And the redstone, don't get me started on the redstone. Some of those mechanisms are absurd. They've build logic circuits in game using the stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm a PC gamer. I mostly game alone though. If I play anything multiplayer it's usually a co-op type game like Portal 2's co-op mode, and the Borderlands games, or FPS games like Battlefield, Team Fortress 2, or Counter Strike. I'm kinda meh at FPS games though. I'm not that great usually, but I usually don't completely suck either.
I have Dota 2, I've never even installed it though. I've played LoL once or twice...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

I'm sorry to hear that.

a reply to: Rikku

Have fun with that One spying on you. I know I will be Rikku chan.

a reply to: Nechash

It got to the point where it was no longer interesting and wasn't challenging enough for me. I remedied that with a custom forge server setup which adds tons of mobs and build content. Dunno if I'll ever get it rolled out for the public. Kinda lost inspiration on arena builds.

a reply to: Aldakoopa

Try try, and try again. FPS and MOBA can be extremely frustrating, especially when you get too competitive. It's the community in MOBA's that make them unappealing. LoL is the primary example of this; lots of toddlers in that game.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Hey bud nice free fps Warface have you tried it? Let me know if you do maybe we can run a few together

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
MMO and RPG player here

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Pinelander???

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Pinelander???

Yep, on the coast.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I'm a PS4 gamer and (Occasionally) PC

I totally agree, PS4 needs more titles. I have Assassin's Creed 4 and Watchdogs for it currently. Destiny is next on the cards though. Maybe when I get it we can game together

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well I'm down for whatever. Though I dont play PC games all that much, or at all anymore, even my skype account I forgot the account and pass because I never use the thing, so I removed it from my computer. And really the only things I play now a days are games on the PS4, of which has no good multilayer titles lately.

Destiny just irks me more then ever now as you can no doubt tell when we were playing it, and really the only good online game that I can think of on that system is still Battlefield 4. Other then that, I play more PS3 titles then anything else, as its got a big library of games which I never played and can pick them up for quite cheap now a day. But in the coming months there should be more tittles added to the ps4 library as well, so I suppose I will see you around.

On a side note I to miss the days with the stoners from Canada. Years ago I used to play the Halo games with a bunch of them and a buddy I had, it was fun times man, and South park is true after a fashion, our play sessions consisted of fart jokes, basic toilet humor, and discussions about unsavory things, all while dissing, talking #, and psyching the other team as much as possible. Fun times indeed eh.
edit on 1pmSundaypm282014f0pmSun, 28 Sep 2014 13:18:04 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KatarinaSage21

Whenever you do, gimme a shout. Can help with leveling and such, although with a few hours of serious play, you can probably finish the base story. It really is that easy.

a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Ah yeah, you're rubido. I would have jumped on mic, but my headset is connected to the comp and it's a pain to transfer it back and forth. A40 has a mess of wires. Since I've been playing mostly on the PS lately, I might just keep it plugged into that. We woulda been through that door if I hadn't accidentally changed my signal source at the last second of reviving when I sat on the remote in my pocket... I was furious about that.

My group isn't so much that kind of humor, since they're all over 18, but we do joke around on occasion.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Septimus because: More text

top topics

join