It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of Illegals Hide from Government Agencies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here is the link. Yes...it is NewsMax.com

Apparently, our brilliant government is "shocked" that 70% of illegal invaders (my name for unknown people who intentionally and purposely enter our country illegally) who are instructed to report back to immigration, simply ignore those instructions and disappear into the woodwork of America. You know...like roaches. Is anyone else surprised? These people made a conscious decision to break the law and enter our country without permission and then decided to continue ignoring our laws and rules. But that is not my question or the topic of this thread.

The topic is this. We have laws that require the government to protect our borders. We had them with Obama, Bush and on back...but they are not being enforced. In my personal opinion...agencies responsible for enforcing the law that don't enforce the law are breaking a law. So now we have 41,000 additional illegals wandering around. The question is this...since our government didn't enforce the law and are stupid enough to believe that criminals would report back to immigration, if one of these people kills another person (or breaks any additional law), shouldn't our government be tried in court as aiding and abetting? Isn't a non-law-following government guilty if their refusal to uphold the law results in theft, damage or even death?

A sub-question would be this. Regardless what you believe about illegal immigration, what can and should be done to a government that refuses to obey and follow our will? What can we do against a government that ignores the majority will of the people and their representatives? And...in my opinion, regardless of anyone's opinion on the topic...the most dangerous government is one that flaunts it's ability to ignore the will of the people.

So lets say that our government neglected to keep out Juan. Juan enters, is instructed to report back to immigration in 15 days and doesn't. Juan then kills your family member and is caught, prosecuted and found guilty. Our government is guilty in that murder also. Can we sue our government? If we can, does it do any good when the people have to pay the judgement? How can we sue the guilty parties in government so that the judgement does what it should...hurt the guilty individuals?

Your thoughts and opinions are very welcome.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

No # Sherlock

No more shocking than saying 70% of drug dealers hide from the DEA

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There might even be more than 70% hiding.

Given the situation with the border, lack of prosecution over the years (illegals from allover have been hiding in the US for a very long time) I am not surprised one bit that the number is estimated at more than half.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
comment of the day! Star for you lol

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How do they know the numbers for sure..if they're hiding.
lol! This is the ultimate silly, state-the-obvious survey. I hope we didn't pay for it.
edit on 9/26/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You got the last part wrong...

After they kill your Family they split to Mexico.

Where Juan lives out his days in a Drug Cartel.

Your OP is certain to turn into 40 pages of argument.

You will be made out to be a bigot for speaking your mind.

Prepare for incoming....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm not personally surprised either. These people are obviously, proven criminals and by definition...liars and untrustworthy. The exact type of person we SHOULD be keeping out. It is the government that is responsible for allowing this. How can we force them to follow our laws...and our will?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Prepare for incoming....

Friend...apparently you don't know me too well.
I'll wear "bigot" when called it by idiots and a good argument is healthy for everyone. Not that I'll change anyone's mind...I'm not that gullible. But I am curious what we must do to make our "employees" do our bidding.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

!st, I am not a lawyer.
2nd, In theory you should be able to sue the government for aiding and abetting criminals.
3rd, In reality, If you try it, you better have very deep pockets and a spotless life.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Prepare for incoming....

Friend...apparently you don't know me too well.
I'll wear "bigot" when called it by idiots and a good argument is healthy for everyone. Not that I'll change anyone's mind...I'm not that gullible. But I am curious what we must do to make our "employees" do our bidding.

All we have is a Vote.

I wish we had more...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Why do this type of discussion always rely on heavy handed appeal to emotion such as "what if they kill one of your family members"?
I would be equally distraught if it was a 'illegal invader' or a red blooded American that killed a member of my family.
You could have made your point with out the appeal but of course where is the fun in that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Government doesn't follow the law. Penalizes those who do.

It's all a set up. Meanwhile Americans lose jobs left and right but foreign workers are happily filling their shoes. This is no longer an issue of treating guests better than those who live here. It's an issue of treating guests better than those who pay for the system and get nothing in return.

Insanity? Yes. Will it change? Not for a long time. Divide and conquer, bleed the economy dry, leave your own citizens on the street.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Open the border......problem solved.

You can turn those illegals in to legitimate tax-payers and we will save a lot of money paying for border protection that doesn't even work.

Yes, there's going to be a Juan or two that commits a crime, but that's no different than our American neighbors that commit crimes. The majority are good people and we need more people contributing to our system.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The government is clever with how they handle their agenda.

They "create" the onslaught of immigration,

They "can't" handle the volume,

They release as many as possible,

They announce most will be deported *after* they release them,

*Surprise*

Mission accomplished.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Open the border......problem solved.

You can turn those illegals in to legitimate tax-payers and we will save a lot of money paying for border protection that doesn't even work.

from what I have seen ,talked to ,heard from our locals illegals they do not want to be legitimate tax payers,then like not paying taxes,not reporting income and still collecting government services.I have often thought about changing my name to Gonzalez so i don't have to tell the government how much i make

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ok let me get this right, 70% illegals are hiding from the government, yet they are going to the government for welfare? How is that hiding from the government?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Was listening to NPR the other day and they had actual courtroom recordings of some of these youths that have come into our country illegally.

The judge set their hearing dates for 2018 and told them to enjoy high school, middle school etc...

And if we are going to let them in anyways, why don't we bring them in and cut out the coyote that is getting a thousand bucks or more and robbing them at will?

If we can spot, identify and destroy a pickup truck carrying bad guys in the desert of Iraq how come we cant watch a coyote bringing and sometimes leaving to die, people in our own deserts?

I am not a fan of illegals but to twist an ankle and be left behind to die is horrific.
Cut out the middleman (coyote) and charge 750 dollars for the bus ride???

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcatsrule

I know many immigrants and work with them. What they have told me is that an illegal still pays income taxes and such on their paychecks, but they do not submit tax returns. So all the money they paid, they do not get back from the IRS.

As far as the government services they receive, the numbers I have seen is that Hispanics percentage of welfare/services received is in-line with their overall percentage of the population....around 15%. Black Americans are disproportionately higher and whites are lower than their percentage of population.

So if we are really serious about getting welfare in check, we must not only look at the overall picture, but must really look at the communities that are dragging the system down. Sadly, it's not the illegals or Hispanics.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Not surprising that the government is fudging the numbers on this, just like they do for everything else like economic "recovery" and the amount of actual unemployed and homeless.

Seriously, I've learned over years of observation that anything our government says is basically the opposite of the real truth of the situation. Everything is spun to make it seem legit, no one is willing to put forth a bad "face" to the public, just look at facebook or how when people screw up, they lie first and come clean later, but only if necessary. Things today have no truth value when the truth is considered to be "irrelevant" in most cases.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Why do this type of discussion always rely on heavy handed appeal to emotion such as "what if they kill one of your family members"?
I would be equally distraught if it was a 'illegal invader' or a red blooded American that killed a member of my family.
You could have made your point with out the appeal but of course where is the fun in that.

The death caused by the illegal could have been prevented! Had our laws been enforced, the illegal would not be here to cause the death.

<<   2 >>

join