It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon is Arming School Districts Across the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Local school districts got military gear from Pentagon

A CBS News review shows campus police across the country have received millions of dollars worth of military gear from the Pentagon. The review was conducted by CBS investigators from available public data. At least 20 education and civil rights advocates are calling on the Defense Department to stop giving military equipment to school police.

When University of Texas police responded to a bomb threat in 2012, they arrived in a Humvee. It's one of three large military vehicles the university's police system has acquired from the Department of Defense. They recently received a mine-resistant vehicle, which was designed to withstand roadside bombs on the battlefields in Iraq and Afghanistan

They will only be used in active shooter, armed intruder or natural disaster type situations, so they say. It's just the ongoing conditioning of our youth if you ask me.

The university's police department is one of at least 125 school law enforcement agencies in 25 states that have received military gear free of charge from the Department of Defense. That includes police departments for 23 kindergarten-through-12 school districts and 102 colleges and universities.

A CBS News review of available public data from more than 30 states found that law enforcement agencies affiliated with educational institutions have obtained more than $13 million worth of military gear from the program. Among the items received: 145 pistols, 780 rifles and nine of the mine resistant vehicles.

A school district in San Diego who received an MRAP from Uncle Sam, had decided to paint it white and use it strictly as an emergency vehicle. After some feedback from the community, they changed their minds.

"We're returning it because some members of the community have expressed the fact that they are uncomfortable with the vehicle that's military by design," Littlejohn said.

Good for them. Unless they attend school in northern Congo, there's no need for that much protection. We need to teach or children to be better people, not intimidate them. Let our education be a means to security and save our military for last resort.

edit on 26-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I can see that its better to get as much value out of the vehicle and there in lies a problem in that we're not talking about ww2 jeeps anymore and all you need to do is take the machine gun off it and its ready for civilian use but i don't see the US yet needing stuff that'll withstand a mine and carry on ticking, and when you start to need such hardware i'm sure its time to activate the national guard/state forces.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Soon they will have everything so swamped with military hardware, we
won't even know the difference when marshall law is invoked.
Are we a war crazy nation?

edit on Rpm92614v362014u01 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
Seems like we certainly are.

It really is a reuse recycling fail.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

We all are now and the attacks coming wont be false flags either

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
About time...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
I can see that its better to get as much value out of the vehicle and there in lies a problem in that we're not talking about ww2 jeeps anymore and all you need to do is take the machine gun off it and its ready for civilian use but i don't see the US yet needing stuff that'll withstand a mine and carry on ticking, and when you start to need such hardware i'm sure its time to activate the national guard/state forces.

Exactly why this is overkill.

My guess is they know something is going to happen in the near future. Jails will become over populated and you will see large schools and universities being turned into makeshift shelters. If the guns, ammo and transportation are spread out amongst the country in the right location, the better their strategy will be.

Is it Aliens?
Ebola Outbreak?
Civil War?

Before any of these weapons of war are needed, they do nothing more than distract, intimidate, and induce fear in a society who are told to say something if they see anything. It's like if heightened awareness and ignorance had a baby...Well, I certainly damn see something and those that I report it to keep telling me to look the other way.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Soon they will have everything so swamped with military hardware, we
won't even know the difference when marshall law is invoked.
Are we a war crazy nation?

No, but we are a war crazy species. What we create ultimately has two contributions to society. To give or take life. Survival usually dictates which comes first. Care to guess which one?

How many times has increased security been sold to the American people in exchange for their individual liberties? When they say they are doing it for our safety, that doesn't necessarily rule out keeping us safe from ourselves. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

When the Military Corporation cannot sell their old vehicles to other countries, they sell it to schools.

Why would the schools need more rifles than pistols?
edit on 26-9-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

My guess is they know something

Who are "they"?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

My guess is they know something

Who are "they"?

"They" are whoever my subjective, analytical mind wants them to be. To others, "they" could mean corporations, bankers, governments or a greater threat.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Somethings missing.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to be a smartass. I often here people say "they" and wonder who they mean. Do you think this is a government plot, some behind the scenes string pullers or just a series of idiotic choices? I tend to lean towards the latter.

By they I meant the people who say they. Ugh.
edit on 2620140920141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'll tell you another thing that gets my goat and is a clear indicator of the militarization of police ... and that's the use of military rank. What's up with all these "four star generals"?

Does a cop even understand the responsibilities associated with that many stars. Hell, a two-star in the US Army is in 'command' of over 12 thousand troops ... a three-star over 30K.

Need to do something about them and their bloated frikkin' egos.

As for weapons on college campuses ... they've actually been there for more than 5 decades. People/students are just waking up to this?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
"Littlejohn said."

yeah, i pretty much had to.....not that this topic isn't laughable enough, you can never have too much humor, in the face of insanity....
edit on 9-28-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join