It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I risked my life for you.... you owe me big time.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

First, you do not "owe" them a thank you.

I thank servicemen often because I know the price they may pay, have paid when wearing the uniform. Not because I owe them anything, but because I respect their decision to serve.

Like it or not...it is a dangerous occupation. The least I can do is acknowledge that.

It's called manners

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
Like it or not...it is a dangerous occupation. The least I can do is acknowledge that.

It's called manners

If it's based on the job being dangerous, rather than expected idolatry, then I presume you do the same for other dangerous jobs mentioned upthread as well? If not, I'd love to hear the difference explained without emotional catchwords and nationalistic bravado (if possible)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Great thread, all police should read OP post. Seriously there should be a triple, if not quadruple bounty on mad scientists, as long as they don't follow them, they won't end up being like 007 henchmen(trust me if they win it is worst than the movies). The Nazis were dumb enough to follow orders on bioweapon testing experiments, ended up getting themselves killed/experimented on. You have to love boycotting evil people to stay in the job.

Hint: CIA MK Ultra was a great example, the CIA allow themselves to become experimental subjects. Just because your not going to be the experimented person doesn't mean you won't be later on. If you guys catch any crazy person grabbing people as test subject start boycotting in a smart way, by first spreading the info to the population. If no choice due to tyranny, then give the info to another faction.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

That's not how obligations or 'owing' works. It requires consent. If I borrow 10 000 euros from you, then I owe you 10 000 euros. If I borrow 'big time' from you, then I owe you 'big time'. If I only borrow a middle-sized time..

In all seriousness, if you ASK someone to save you, and a contract is formed BEFORE the fact, and THEN they 'risk their life' to save yours, then you owe them whatever you agreed. But I am not sure how these 'differently-sized times' are even manufactured, let alone how their allodial titles are transferred between people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join