It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Military blowing up own Humvees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So far, we have blown up 41 of our own Humvees that we originally supplied the Iraqi Military(militia now). They were captured by ISIS and cost 250,000 each. The bombs we use to destroy them cost 30,000 each. Plus the military has sent orders for 41 more as well. Easy way to waste 20 mil right there. Its ok though ppl, the defense budget is $716 billion, so it is only a drop in the bucket right? Compare that to NASA's budget of 17 billion last year. Here is the link to the original article.

LINK

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Maybe they will include a remote activated self destruct in the new ones ..

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

It's all good, it's about the war on terrorism, right?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Technically they are not destroying their own hummers because they don't actually belong to them anymore.
Those vehicles were well and truely paid for with iraqi oil anyway..

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Anyway war generates more income and strengthens the USA economy more than you can imagine.
Give the iraqi people weapons and vehicles, then eventually destroy them and the original people you gave them to will be happy about this and order more..... whatever way you look at it.. its win win for the USA

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I think we would rather use the GPS in them to track and ultimately kill ISIS members
. Plus the bombs only add up to $1million. Who knows what the cost of the remote activated self destruct mechanisms would be as well.

It's all good, it's about the war on terrorism, right?

Ya, it will always be about terrorism until all the oil has been extracted out of Iraq/Syria and all the opium is smoked in Afghanistan. Ppl need to realize this gov't is rotten at the core. It ain't about Democrats and Republicans anymore.

Technically they are not destroying their own hummers because they don't actually belong to them anymore.

Sorry but all that oil $ went to the Bush Cabal

I agree that war does strengthen our economy but unfortunately ppl die in wars.

edit on 25-9-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: misscurious

Did we take oil for payment? Or did we buy their oil on the open market?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Cause and effect....

edit on 25-9-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300
So far, we have blown up 41 of our own Humvees that we originally supplied the Iraqi Military(militia now). They were captured by ISIS and cost 250,000 each. The bombs we use to destroy them cost 30,000 each. Plus the military has sent orders for 41 more as well. Easy way to waste 20 mil right there. Its ok though ppl, the defense budget is $716 billion, so it is only a drop in the bucket right? Compare that to NASA's budget of 17 billion last year. Here is the link to the original article.

LINK
Doesn't matter...They will just print more money...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm actually a little surprised they didn't blow them in place when they left.

If they decommission one here, the DRMO will generally cut it in four pieces before they auction off the remains.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is just a single instance that does not really set back the broader US policy. Above any military strategy, and the thing that dictates what military strategy does, is policy. The overall policy here, which again takes precedence, is to develop long-term economic relations with Iraq, which like it or not will be beneficial to the United States. Thus giving military aid to Iraq is an investment. In this instance it turned out that Iraq's enemies were more formidable than anyone anticipated, and as such we are left in this situation.

My point is that complain all we like, such actions fit the broader strategy of policy, and before anyone says anything about Obama, this is a strategy that was implemented by Bush when he decided to invade Iraq. It is much clearer to understand why we went into Iraq while keeping the overall policy in mind. It was not some rash decision, and rather than saying an invasion of Iraq would be beneficial to America economically, which would have sparked outrage, instead it was said that there was a link to 9-11 and then that there were WMD's. I do not agree with the invasion of Iraq, or the mess that we've found ourselves in as a nation, but I understand it and think that things could still work out beneficially for our nation as a whole, not considering the cost to the freedom of the average citizen however.

One thing that might compromise this future investment, which is already reaping certain benefits for the US at present, is US military spending. If it continues to cost us more in military spending to keep this economic arrangement functioning, or to even ensure its existence, then we would do better to back out while there is still room for recouping some of our losses. People fail to realize that our political and military leaders at the highest levels know more than most average citizens regarding the true state of the world and our nation, and it is easy to look at the military spending and think they've lost their minds. This is not the case, because as I've said they are looking at the situation from an entirely different perspective, and they understand that the benefit to America is potentially great.

So while I do not maintain that this is justified, it is at the very least logical. So what seems like incompetence on the part of various US administrations is actually the opposite, rather it is the people who are incompetent, not from lack of intelligence but from lack of information.
edit on 9/25/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

They gave them to the Iraqi military, which then let ISIS capture them.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300

They gave them to the Iraqi military, which then let ISIS capture them.

Yes, I know that, thus my reply. We won't supply them to YOU intact. We often blow materiel in place when we leave.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

O I understand. Maybe we foresaw that ISIS would take them and we could use the GPS to track them. Then again that type of thinking implies we were looking to go into Syria all along.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

I can see that happening.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Yes good plan and then the military contractors in the USA/UK can fill it books at the flip of a button.

The FSA turned into ISIS and then ISIL and yet we continue to send them money so you tell me why no heads have rolled in Washington or should we argue that not every FSA fighter joined the ISIS, just most of them.

They are also using a lot of white 4X4 that look like the UN have been giving away its cars too but who knows.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Just goes to show how much they don't give a # about us, that they even tell us they are blowing them up just amazes me..

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Until the codes get hacked?

new topics

top topics

join