It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazca Lines of Kazakhstan: More Than 50 Geoglyphs Discovered

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Found this interesting enough to share, so here you go.

More info and pic's inside

More than 50 geoglyphs with various shapes and sizes, including a massive swastika, have been discovered across northern Kazakhstan in Central Asia, say archaeologists.

These sprawling structures, mostly earthen mounds, create the type of landscape art most famously seen in the Nazca region of Peru.

Discovered using Google Earth, the geoglyphs are designed in a variety of geometric shapes, including squares, rings, crosses and swastikas (the swastika is a design that was used in ancient times). Ranging from 90 to 400 meters (295 to 1,312 feet) in diameter, some of them are longer than a modern-day aircraft carrier. Researchers say that the geoglyphs are difficult to see on the ground, but can easily be seen from the sky.

I like this one, really curious to what purpose it was made.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

It's amazing to think aliens hate Jews.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Found this interesting enough to share, so here you go.

More info and pic's inside

More than 50 geoglyphs with various shapes and sizes, including a massive swastika, have been discovered across northern Kazakhstan in Central Asia, say archaeologists.

These sprawling structures, mostly earthen mounds, create the type of landscape art most famously seen in the Nazca region of Peru.

Discovered using Google Earth, the geoglyphs are designed in a variety of geometric shapes, including squares, rings, crosses and swastikas (the swastika is a design that was used in ancient times). Ranging from 90 to 400 meters (295 to 1,312 feet) in diameter, some of them are longer than a modern-day aircraft carrier. Researchers say that the geoglyphs are difficult to see on the ground, but can easily be seen from the sky.

The last one may be an aerial bombing target probably used by the Soviets during WWII or later. While a number of the items sound like possible cultural artifacts some sound like later - modern modifications, without being able to see them it is hard to tell. My first impression is that they are reaching beyond the support of the available evidence and they don't resemble Nazca lines.
edit on 23/9/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

The last one may be an aerial bombing target probably used by the Soviets during WWII or later.

That was a twist i didn't see coming, i can see your point, but wouldn't the area be full of bomb craters and the mounts destroyed ?

they don't resemble Nazca lines.

I agree with that, it's just hip to call them that.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Maybe it's what you click to close Earth.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Practice bombs, to save money often don't have explosive charges and are filled with small charges to expel flour or talc/ something to mark where it hit. I'm not sure what the Soviets used back then but it was probably similar to a US Mk 76 Mod 5 Practice Bomb. That design could also be used for teaching aerial navigation or air to ground machine gun practice, etc. You'd need to correlate known Soviet actions with where these things are. Could also be a calibration device for satellite pictures, etc.

There were several large soviet bases in K-stan one that I remember was Ushtobe in K-stan which dealt with chemical weapons.

Sary Shagan anti-ballistic missile range
Kostanay aviation training school
Baikonur Cosmodrome all kinds of activity there especially in the 50's and 60's.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Well, we will just have to keep that option open until further information comes out.

I have spent an hour on Google earth to try find the area without luck, it might have been possible to judge from it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
While the first pic bears some resemblance to a swastika, I feel it looks like an image to represent 3 phase ac electricity in my opinion.

Very interesting S&F.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well, we will just have to keep that option open until further information comes out.

I have spent an hour on Google earth to try find the area without luck, it might have been possible to judge from it.

We'll have to wait for the published report probably, in all that territory there probably are some legit ancient sites especially along the former beds of the rivers which tended to jump their banks through out history.
edit on 23/9/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have a real issue with the title and the mindset that goes with it.

"Nazca Lines of Kazakhstan"

Shouldn't this be the "Kazakhstan Geoglyphs?"

WTF do the Nazca have to do with Kazakhstan?

Wait. Please don't answer that question.

Nevermind.

Harte

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
I have a real issue with the title and the mindset that goes with it.

"Nazca Lines of Kazakhstan"

Shouldn't this be the "Kazakhstan Geoglyphs?"

WTF do the Nazca have to do with Kazakhstan?

Wait. Please don't answer that question.

Nevermind.

Harte

Harte have you been doing those exercises I recommended?

1 shot of bourbon

1 shot with a wooden mallet to your head (left rear)

Repeat until 'X' seems plausible.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Kazakhstan Geoglyphs

Ah another imported subcompact car???

Not interested... lol's

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Very cool find. It is amazing what has turned up in the last 10 years thanks to satellites and more people having access to them. Another truly ground-breaking area of research is "space" archeology. Dr. Sarah Parcak is getting pretty awesome at using infrared telescopes pointed at earth. She's found thousands of possible sights already, and it would be the perfect technology to help excavate an area this grand.

www.ted.com...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is very interesting, in the Kazakh SSR was a lot of military sites, after the collapse of the USSR, they were lost, nomadic Kazakh people do not need such a construct.
Coordinates of the image are cut off, it's hard to say without coordinates.

new topics

top topics

join