It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second White House breach in two weeks...testing response or just crazy folk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.wsaz.com...

For the second time in a week a person scaled the fence of the White House and ran towards the building. First it was Captain Pokeman. Would this building not be more secure. I mean, I could really not care if they shot some dumb ass in the leg as he ran but think. I have tried to find the names of those who did the deed and cannot.

If a man with a 20 lb vest could breach and detonate, even if no one was killed, would than not send a message that no one in America is safe?

edit on 09pm30pmfu2014-09-19T20:52:19-05:000819 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

In response to the border crisis, Obama sent the White House security guards down there? Yep, that seems like an Obama solution.

To the point -Could be part of a plan, but more likely sheer incompetence...they are government employees no?

How many times has airport security been breeched? JFK supposedly has a state of the art system and jet skiers and boaters break through it all the time. It's a joke how much was spent on it too.

edit on 19-9-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

If a man with a 20 lb vest could breach and detonate, even if no one was killed, would than not send a message that no one in America is safe?

That's the point. They use events like this to instill fear and a sense of vulnerability in people. That makes it easy for them to advance their police state.

The people doing it are probably covert operatives employed by our own government.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Alibi.

I have one.

There have always been crazies. Making an issue about it now (with Obama) and down-playing it when it's occurred with other presidents is just more social engineering.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Someone who enters the premises of the White House will have security personnel on them before they actually reach the building itself. And we know that the building has myriad security features, and is most likely protected against blasts from the outside in some manner. It would be extremely difficult to actually accomplish anything just by sending a guy over the fence with a bomb. And if the bomb still allows the person the mobility to scale the fence, it is probably not very large anyway. Or at least not large enough to really hurt a building or its occupants, especially not that particular building. Someone who breaks out into a run will get closer than like the kid who slipped through the bars a while back, but this is simply because there is not security standing right by the fence. It will take them a certain amount of time to reach the perpetrator.

This is common sense, and they know this. And I can guarantee you that because they know this, they have drawn up plans around this very thing. Which in turn means that they would have certain things in place to prevent someone from doing any damage. The reason the evacuated an entire wing of the White House after this occurrence likely has to do with what you mentioned about testing the perimeter. It is a contingency just in case this was a prelude to a larger attack. This tells me that the security personnel are doing their job, and are taking all threats seriously. All in all they don't have to worry about people scaling the fences. If hundreds of people scaled the fences even, the key personnel in the WH would immediately be taken into the WH bunker, and from there might even use a secret tunnel to escape the premises altogether, where they could be flown out in safety. The secrets of the WH, like tunnels, would not be publicized for this very reason.

And then these hundreds of attackers would be engaged by the security forces in place for just such an attack. So a situation that actually poses any danger to key government personnel in the White House is hard to come by, and will take a whole lot more than scaling the fences. And that is not even considering the snipers that are deployed around the WH grounds, who are authorized to shoot anyone who is obviously carrying a weapon. They probably could have shot this guy soon after he scaled the fence, had they wanted to. If they would have viewed him as an obvious threat they probably would have. But for the reasons I described above there was not really any threat posed.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

There have always been crazies. Making an issue about it now (with Obama) and down-playing it when it's occurred with other presidents is just more social engineering.

But the difference is, in today's trigger-happy day-and-age, who doesn't expect to be immediately killed before even making it over the fence?

Not only would they have to be bats# crazy, they'd have to be death wish crazy. And if they're death wish crazy, that would seem to me to be additional justification for ending them before the other leg goes over.

But that didn't happen. It's either incompetence (granted, a highly likely possibility) or complicity. Maybe I'm all wet and I'm seeing the federal government exercise judicious restraint.

I dunno about that.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Sometimes it's better to create the illusion that you are open, helpless, exposed.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Did the residents do anything that would require a vivid message being sent, think you're safe, think again. Do you love those girls? How much? Sort of like the psych of knowing a drone can strike any where isn't it?
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Fact is, he got in the Front door of the North Portico.

news.ca.msn.com...

The U.S. Secret Service is coming under intense scrutiny after a man who hopped the White House fence made it all the way through the front door before being apprehended

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

The intruder who sprinted across the White House lawn and was able to enter the North Portico doors had a knife, officials said Saturday as the Secret Service pledged a review of Friday night’s security breach and increased patrols.

and then there was this one also...

On Saturday another man, a 19-year-old from New Jersey, was arrested after he tried to drive past a barricaded entrance to the complex and refused to stop, Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary said. The man, identified by a law enforcement official as Kevin Carr of Shamong, N.J., didn’t hit the barricades or cause any damage, but was arrested on a charge of unlawful entry. Streets surrounding the entrance at were briefly closed.

It looks to much like testing response...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I think it's just "crazy folk" and nothing more at this point and I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often! I do think you will see a few more since one actually got into the White House. Seems to me that you'll have a few that like to be copy cats, trying to out do the last one to get their 15 mins of fame.

Now, that said, these incidents can be used by others to figure out weak spots within the defenses. If I wanted to do harm to the POTUS I would use this specific incident to gather intelligence. A good reason for the secret service and other LEOs to be concerned and why they have to take this case more seriously than just a crazy person jumping the fence.

The perpetrators will be investigated to find out if they have any ties to foreign/domestic terrorists. At this point, I don't believe they do.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
and much farther he got in than previously reported...

www.washingtonpost.com... 046-120a8a855cca_story.html

The man who jumped the White House fence this month and sprinted through the front door made it much farther into the building than previously known, overpowering one Secret Service officer and running through much of the main floor, according to three people familiar with the incident.

An alarm box near the front entrance of the White House designed to alert guards to an intruder had been muted at what officers believed was a request of the usher’s office, said a Secret Service official who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The officer posted inside the front door appeared to be delayed in learning that the intruder, Omar Gonzalez, was about to burst through. Officers are trained that, upon learning of an intruder on the grounds — often through the alarm boxes posted around the property — they must immediately lock the front door.

After barreling past the guard immediately inside the door, Gonzalez, who was carrying a knife, dashed past the stairway leading a half-flight up to the first family’s living quarters. He then ran into the 80-foot-long East Room, an ornate space often used for receptions or presidential addresses.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Some morons need a stage. Streakers at ball games KNOW they're going to experience pain. Don't matter. That's amateur. This is going Pro.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's a balance of keeping the White House fence residential looking and not set up like an armed camp (barbed wire, uniformed troops marching or stationed every 10 feet, tarantulas). Since they stopped this new jumper pretty quickly, the A-Team is getting better (I wonder if someone or someones got fired or reassigned to North Dakota after the last incident).

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They did not stop anything quickly and he was armed with a knife. He got inside and was tackled by someone who was not even supposed to be there.

www.washingtonpost.com... 10_story.html

He overpowered one SS Agent and was then detained by the one who protects Obamas children.

Not much mention in the MSM about the Rifle and map with a sight line drawn to white house that was found along with multiple rounds and bladed weapons in his vehicle.

Is it Jihad...no...but it shows a weakness....

top topics

join