It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superhuman Power to 'Heal Yourself' Developed in Tiny Implant by Pentagon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I wonder what they "know" where they feel the need to develop this tech in the first place.....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: TrueBrit

So how complex would these signals need to be?
I mean surely the body deals with say, a burn differently than it would a cut or a poison...

I don't know, but logic would say it'd take more than just a zap from a battery to get the right kind of healing process going.

When cells die they disintegrate, release chemicals, bacteria start breeding, and white blood cells come in and deal with them. There a system called the lymph node network that removes dead and dying cells. If the lymph node gets damaged due to a deep incision, then you get fluid buildup. Kidneys filter out toxins and regulate sugar levels.

It is known that zaps of electricity can stimulate cell division. So perhaps this is what they plan on doing.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sounds to me like one step towards the healing nanomachines in fiction. Extremis for Iron man, for example. Could be beneficial, if done right.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have to wonder what the side effects are. Your body wearing down for starters? That and I am always weary of people touting things as "miracles" and people injecting machines into me. What could we do to stop someone from tacking RFID chips into these, unknown to us, or maybe even more nefarious things?

I think I'll keep my body the way it's been for 30 years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join