It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Vote No In Referendum – Selfish, Scared People, Well Done!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Obviously the majority of Scots don't feel that way otherwise they would be independent now....

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

You reckon?
They voted overwhelmingly for a party which advocates independence.
The whinging is tiresome, especially on ATS, oh the poor oppressed Scots, blah, I say do one and leave the UK soon as you can, my life will not be adversely affected in any way, and it will be interesting to see who they whinge about when independent and facing problems which they cannot blame on anyone else.

Yep, go Scotland, soon as you can.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I only see 2 or 3 Scots in this thread and none are whining. However, I do see a group of about 10 English posters...... whining, very audibly.

It's funny, looking through these threads, that's what it always seems to be. Like 1 or 2 Scots commenting just to defend themselves from slander, and then a large horde of English posters.

We can really see who is upsetting who..... If I were a Scot I'd be having a good laugh right now.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

If you'd been here a bit longer you'd know which group of members can find common theme in this interaction.
Regardless, do one Scotland if you don't like the UK, it troubles me little, and I'd rather you get it over with so we can all move on, or stop whinging about being in the UK.

56 out of 59 MP's advocating independence, make your minds up and get it over with lol

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I thought that vote from last year was a "once in a lifetime" thing or so. At least that's what they were saying. I didn't follow the whole thing too closely though, so I don't know what the deal is now.

If it's just a wishy washy, whimsical thing on the part of Scots, then they are just wasting everyone's time. I guess we'll see in the coming years how serious they are about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

I thought that vote from last year was a "once in a lifetime" thing or so. At least that's what they were saying. I didn't follow the whole thing too closely though, so I don't know what the deal is now.
It was the worst possible result 45/55, I posted on ATS before the vote that a slim result was my last choice scenario.
It settled nothing, and I would have preferred a slim vote for them to leave the UK because it would have been a solely Scots problem then.

...it's a boring, dragged out UK problem still, and the Scots need to make a decision instead of whining about being part of the UK.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Also, it would be interesting if some kind of war broke out over this. Of course that's very unlikely, but from a purely hypothetical standpoint, I wonder how it would go.

Say, some English person gets killed by a violent group of Scottish nationalists, probably young guys, drunk, typical young men taking things too far and not thinking clearly. Then there are reprisals, perhaps a small-scale military presence established in Scotland to protect English nationals and allay the fears of an anxious, ignorant public down south. Certain ultra-reactionary elements in both countries then use the incident to stoke public furor on both sides, probably with their own agenda (an excuse for anti-immigrant, far-right sentiments, etc).

Apprehension and anger reaches a boiling point after some Rangers fans retaliate and kill a Celtic fan at a football match, the Orange Order steps in and fans the flames, Unionists and Nationalists riot and bedlam breaks loose in the cities. The large urban centers are torn by partisan strife and neighborhoods are declared "no go zones". Eventually the British army is called in to restore order- local peacekeepers are overtaxed and overstretched, unable to quell the violence and fearful of an increasingly belligerent public.

The British media demonizes the Scots, think about what happened during the referendum ramped up 100x worse. They are portrayed as frenetic savages, uninhibited drug-crazed Buckfast guzzlers. They draw on stereotypes of the impoverished folk from inner-city Glasgow, reared in council estates, uncivil, inured to the bleakness of urban decay.

The ignorant British public eats up these media stereotypes and becomes increasingly feverish, and eventually ethnic Scots are targeted in the UK. Drunken Chavs and the English lower class are inculcated with media propaganda and galvanized by sectarian zealotry. Eventually it becomes life-threatening to travel in England as a Scot, and vice-versa.

The IRA sees an enticing opportunity to ramp up their campaign to clear the Protestants out of N. Ireland. The violence and sectarian propaganda heats up in Belfast and massacres are carried out by agitated Unionists, followed by merciless reprisals from the IRA. Bombing strikes are carried out in Belfast and eventually the IRA targets English cities again in a newly-invigorated terrorist campaign. The English public becomes crazed with fear and they are goaded on by exagerated media caricatures of the Irish and Scots.

Extremist Scottish nationalists set up covert outposts in the Scottish highlands, abetted by IRA envoys and Irish "anti-English crusaders". Terrorist fanatics bivouac themselves around Scottish cities, filtering into the urban areas by posing as displaced refugees. The Scot-Nationalists and the IRA ramp up propaganda campaigns of their own, trying to galvanize the Scottish public into rising up against the British military occupation. The subterfuge is effective. Soldiers are assailed in vicious guerilla attacks, and an organized urban insurgency emerges.

The British military presence is further imperiled after attacks on innocent Scottish civilians. The UK soldiers are bogged down in guerilla fighting and they mistakenly target civilians, which is exactly what the extremists were hoping for.

Urban Scotland is now officially a warzone, and most of the Protestant regions of N. Ireland have turned into blasted-out wastelands. The UK government warns of an impending genocide in N. Ireland, and sends in elite SAS units to defend the Protestant Irish public. The Irish Republic is incensed by the British military presence on their borders, and declares war on the UK.

In Scotland, the cities are depopulated and refugees stream south into England looking for help. They are aided by the UK government, but the media-indoctrinated English populace is openly hostile towards them. Scottish nationalist sympathizers relocate to secret mountain fastnesses in the highlands, and the Nationalist Irregular forces swell in number. The Scot-nationalists have achieved unprecedented support from the public, most of whom are now openly hostile to the UK government.

Utilizing their superior intelligence capabilities with MI5, the UK Air Force bombs the highland insurgent bases and drives the nationalist insurgents into underground bunkers, all part of a brutal "search and destroy" campaign.

The war in Scotland drags on for years, millions die and millions more are displaced. Ireland is reunited and the Protestants driven out or killed. The UK relinquishes all claims to N. Ireland and withdraws. The situation in Scotland is confused and anarchic, with various insurgent factions vying for control across a war-torn and fractured territory.

edit on 22-8-2015 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Wow, an impressive work of fiction which I am happy to consider and plan as unlikely to ever happen.
Star for your post, that was good imagination and I enjoyed reading it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A song written and recorded (very roughly) in the hours following the announcement of the result of the Scottish Independence Referendum.

Regards,
GTD

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Ah, I really liked that Gordi, cheers for sharing it here

I agree with most of the sentiments in your lyrics, I personally wish the vote had been 55% for independence so we all could have moved on and any problems in Scotland would have been Scotland's problem alone.

Right now we're in limbo, the nationalists are still whinging, you have an overwhelmingly SNP governed Scotland which can in reality do nothing in Parliament, it's just a festering mess, and the sooner you get that referendum again the better.

I'm hoping that next year England, Wales, and N.Ireland vote out of the EU, but Scotland will vote in thereby triggering calls for independence again and you vote out of the UK.
I'll be happy with a 51% majority 'out' vote, couldn't care less about the infighting that will result North of the border, it will be Scotland's problem and the rest of us can finally move on.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Also, it would be interesting if some kind of war broke out over this. Of course that's very unlikely, but from a purely hypothetical standpoint, I wonder how it would go.

Say, some English person gets killed by a violent group of Scottish nationalists, probably young guys, drunk, typical young men taking things too far and not thinking clearly. Then there are reprisals, perhaps a small-scale military presence established in Scotland to protect English nationals and allay the fears of an anxious, ignorant public down south. Certain ultra-reactionary elements in both countries then use the incident to stoke public furor on both sides, probably with their own agenda (an excuse for anti-immigrant, far-right sentiments, etc).

Apprehension and anger reaches a boiling point after some Rangers fans retaliate and kill a Celtic fan at a football match, the Orange Order steps in and fans the flames, Unionists and Nationalists riot and bedlam breaks loose in the cities. The large urban centers are torn by partisan strife and neighborhoods are declared "no go zones". Eventually the British army is called in to restore order- local peacekeepers are overtaxed and overstretched, unable to quell the violence and fearful of an increasingly belligerent public.

The British media demonizes the Scots, think about what happened during the referendum ramped up 100x worse. They are portrayed as frenetic savages, uninhibited drug-crazed Buckfast guzzlers. They draw on stereotypes of the impoverished folk from inner-city Glasgow, reared in council estates, uncivil, inured to the bleakness of urban decay.

The ignorant British public eats up these media stereotypes and becomes increasingly feverish, and eventually ethnic Scots are targeted in the UK. Drunken Chavs and the English lower class are inculcated with media propaganda and galvanized by sectarian zealotry. Eventually it becomes life-threatening to travel in England as a Scot, and vice-versa.

The IRA sees an enticing opportunity to ramp up their campaign to clear the Protestants out of N. Ireland. The violence and sectarian propaganda heats up in Belfast and massacres are carried out by agitated Unionists, followed by merciless reprisals from the IRA. Bombing strikes are carried out in Belfast and eventually the IRA targets English cities again in a newly-invigorated terrorist campaign. The English public becomes crazed with fear and they are goaded on by exagerated media caricatures of the Irish and Scots.

Extremist Scottish nationalists set up covert outposts in the Scottish highlands, abetted by IRA envoys and Irish "anti-English crusaders". Terrorist fanatics bivouac themselves around Scottish cities, filtering into the urban areas by posing as displaced refugees. The Scot-Nationalists and the IRA ramp up propaganda campaigns of their own, trying to galvanize the Scottish public into rising up against the British military occupation. The subterfuge is effective. Soldiers are assailed in vicious guerilla attacks, and an organized urban insurgency emerges.

The British military presence is further imperiled after attacks on innocent Scottish civilians. The UK soldiers are bogged down in guerilla fighting and they mistakenly target civilians, which is exactly what the extremists were hoping for.

Urban Scotland is now officially a warzone, and most of the Protestant regions of N. Ireland have turned into blasted-out wastelands. The UK government warns of an impending genocide in N. Ireland, and sends in elite SAS units to defend the Protestant Irish public. The Irish Republic is incensed by the British military presence on their borders, and declares war on the UK.

In Scotland, the cities are depopulated and refugees stream south into England looking for help. They are aided by the UK government, but the media-indoctrinated English populace is openly hostile towards them. Scottish nationalist sympathizers relocate to secret mountain fastnesses in the highlands, and the Nationalist Irregular forces swell in number. The Scot-nationalists have achieved unprecedented support from the public, most of whom are now openly hostile to the UK government.

Utilizing their superior intelligence capabilities with MI5, the UK Air Force bombs the highland insurgent bases and drives the nationalist insurgents into underground bunkers, all part of a brutal "search and destroy" campaign.

The war in Scotland drags on for years, millions die and millions more are displaced. Ireland is reunited and the Protestants driven out or killed. The UK relinquishes all claims to N. Ireland and withdraws. The situation in Scotland is confused and anarchic, with various insurgent factions vying for control across a war-torn and fractured territory.

I'll just go to the pub until it all blows over..

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
A song written and recorded (very roughly) in the hours following the announcement of the result of the Scottish Independence Referendum.

Regards,
GTD

Nice little ditty there Gordon.

Dont know how you could have written a song like that after the result. My effort would have a lot more swearing in it or my guitar headstock and neck would have been shoved so far up a nawbags arse if they opened their mooth you could have tuned up.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Being English I would expect my agent to provide latex gloves for tuning.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Being English I would expect my agent to provide latex gloves for tuning.
...and some lube, 'Crisp n Dry' will do in a pinch, health n safety and all that.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I'll just go to the pub until it all blows over..

C'mon mate, doesn't it sound like a bit of fun?

You guys can become the Afghanis of Western Europe.

ALLAHU AKBAR ALBA GU BRATH. DEATH TO THE BRITISH UNIONIST INFIDEL.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

edit on 24-8-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join