It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor: Gov’t ‘Tight-Lipped’ on Respiratory Virus, May be From Illegals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago
And what do you tell the family of the legal citizen of hispanic origin due to fear? A person can be rational and level headed, a group can scare easily and ultimately cause more problems than good.

Right now there are alot of talk and groups that are armed that go out and patrol the boarder, that is not apart of any government agency. Do you want to see the rise of groups like neo-nazi's or the KKK again in the USA? Where the hatred for those who are different start to get more pronounced?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
There are several reasons for keeping a tight lid on this. The first is to prevent the chaos and mass distrust that will ensue. The US federal government has to protect those who are innocent, and consider this..

Of course there will be mass distrust. There already is. The federal government is supposed to protect and secure the borders. They haven't. In fact, the Obama administration basically invited mass numbers of illegals to pour into this country.

The US Federal Gov't is supposed to protect those who are innocent .. yep ... that would be the US CITIZEN. We are innocent and we are the ones they are supposed to be protecting from a illegal civilian invasion ... an invasion full of disease. So protect US ... secure the borders. No republican or democrat POTUS has done this.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I called it also when the first thread popped up. I questioned if there were any immigrants "deported" to these states.a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Sorry for being a whiney little bitch.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well, they are not saying it is here in MI, but a co-workers son is now believed to have had it. He was in the hospital for three days, and the doctors had no idea what was wrong, and said it was "asthma" like.

And we have received undocumented children.

children

How many other states have this coincidence?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What do you suppose the Native American’s would have been saying if they had had an internet forum such as this at the time the settlers started spreading smallpox to the natives?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyRunner360
What do you suppose the Native American’s would have been saying if they had had an internet forum such as this at the time the settlers started spreading smallpox to the natives?

Not a single person alive today had anything to do with that. If that was so terrible, which it certainly was, then so is what is happening today.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: SunnyRunner360

Not a single person alive today had anything to do with that. If that was so terrible, which it certainly was, then so is what is happening today.

So they should have demanded to close the borders back then?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tvtexan
Wait a minute, there is something not right about this theory.
I live in a border state that has illegal immigrants from Mexico and Central America entering everyday and yet no reported cases here. This doesn't add up.

Almost sounds like a right wing hatchet job to me. Let's scare everyone about the big bad illegal children by tying this disease to them. I'm not buying it.

Exactly!!!

Remember back in July, when according to republican Georgia representative Phil Gingrey, they were bringing ebola and polio across the border too?

As it turns out, the only people actually bringing ebola into the U.S. are white citizens coming home to get well. How ironic!

I'm just waiting for Lindsey Graham's big announcement telling us all how long we have to live before this thing "Kills Us All!"

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SunnyRunner360

So you're suggesting that events that happened a hundred to two hundred years ago invalidate citizens concerns today regarding their right to keep themselves safe from disease? Disease brought into the country by immigrants breaking the law.?

I'm saying your argument is irrelevant at best. Try again.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not much denying ignorance here. Nationalism is so hyper bigotry! How easy it is for members to agree on things that have no basis in fact, all you need it to see it on breitbart and you believe it. Conditioned much?

This illness allegedly could be from south of the border. Interesting its not in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, or California.
Haven't seen any news about this illness in Mexico.
This illness started in Missouri, and has spread from there.

Do you guys really think this article is true?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: SunnyRunner360

So you're suggesting that events that happened a hundred to two hundred years ago invalidate citizens concerns today regarding their right to keep themselves safe from disease? Disease brought into the country by immigrants breaking the law.?

I'm saying your argument is irrelevant at best. Try again.

I am not arguing and/or suggesting anything—simply asking questions. To be clear, it was okay to take occupied land and subsequently spread disease back then because it wasn’t illegal but seeking refuge in the US now is not ok now because it is illegal?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I haven't heard of any cases in MD either, I heard this morning of several cases in Richmond. Is The school telling you the student Is out with the entovirus??

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Do you guys really think this article is true?

Hard to say as the OP explained people were being let in to the US across the border w/o adequate medical screening. Then they were shipped all over the country.

It seems prudent that we would at least address the issue don't you think? Or is it because it's about the possibility that the illegals may be the cause you dismiss it as a "Breitbart" story? Shooting the messenger is always a desperate act of denial.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Lets see they have alleged that Ebola, polio, and now this illness could be brought in by illegals. Could be true.

But these illnesses could also be brought in by tourists, legal immigrants, truckers, businessmen/woman. This virus most likely developed right here in the good ole USA!

My point is are there any reported Ebola cases in central or South America?, Has this enterovirus been confirmed in these countries? Has there been any polio infections in the USA? Or is it just sensationalism, fear mongering that the right just suck up??

IMO Breitbart should be considered a hoax site.

On Breitbart Alleged, could be, might be = truth?

This virus could be brought here by UFO's or maybe from the Moon, or from Leprechauns!!!!!

edit on 18-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Maybe it's something that's been here this whole time but since our society constantly eats like #, parents are too lazy to provide healthy meals and rely on overly-processed, chemical-laden foods, their kids are finally susceptible to it.

Also of interest - the wife of one of my good friends works for FEMA and was out on the border in AZ to help with translating (she's from Puerto Rico orig.) They've got a 6 year old that hasn't had any health issues whatsoever.

Xenophobia-induced incitement maybe?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I believe it no doubt, why? because already the government was planning and making sure that certain procedures, rules and laws were enhanced to take care of any person showing upper respiratory distress.

Interestingly we have been having the influx at its peak for the last year.

While illegals will avoid health care, unless they are captured, they are free to spread anything in the regular population, more often than not within the same background that they are first as they are the ones that will sponsor them.

While we Americans get to be scrutinized and even put on quarantine for contracting the virus others roam free.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Just look how asthma is so prevalent in our society, lets just blame illegals on that too, so much easier than finding the real root of the problem!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
For those of you saying this is right-wing nuttery:

The reason they may be tight-lipped is that they don't have a lot of information to share:

Human rhinoviruses (HRVs) belong to the Picornaviridae family with high similarity to human enteroviruses (HEVs). Limited data is available from Latin America regarding the clinical presentation and strains of these viruses in respiratory disease.

What little there is shows that this could indeed become a significant problem.

In Latin America as in other regions, HRVs and HEVs account for a substantial proportion of respiratory viruses identified in young people with ILI, a finding that provides additional support for the development of pharmaceuticals and vaccines targeting these pathogens.

The rhinovirus and enterovirus share some genetics, but operate differently in the body:

HRV infection often results in mild upper respiratory disease like the common cold, but it may also cause more serious disease by exacerbating asthma or other pre-existing respiratory disorders. In contrast, HEVs infect primarily the gastrointestinal tract and can spread to other sites, but some HEVs display specific tropism for the respiratory tract

It would seem as though EV-D68 is one of the referenced as having a 'specific tropism for the respiratory tract.'

Human rhinoviruses and enteroviruses in influenza-like illness in Latin America

Pulished online Oct 11, 2013.

When was that EO updated by 0bama again?

edit on 18-9-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tags

edit on 18-9-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tags again, sorry no preview on mobile

edit on 18-9-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The problem is that if you have compromised immune system like Asthma fall under, a respiratory virus could be fatal specially on children if the virus is new or rare.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm not saying I know for a fact that it is true.

But let's be honest, it certainly is suspicious.

Probable cases in many more states than the CDC is admitting to.
In my state at least, yes, undocumented children have been brought here.
Mr. President signs an EO, for the main symptoms of this illness.

You should at least say it is extremely coincidental, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join