It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Marijuana More Addictive Than Alcohol?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IWasHereEonsAgo

Hallucinogens (not just mushrooms) are generally safe and non-addictive, but we gotta take baby steps here man. It's such a struggle to get marijuana legalized, scratching away at the scab of disinformation of hallucinogens is a WHOLE other ballpark that we aren't ready to get into.
edit on 17-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To answer question. NO.

END THREAD.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I SEEN IT!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Still, years ago I came to the conclusion mind altering substances purpose on this planet, are not for recreational use, but for spiritual,

i came to the conclusion that people use mj for a variety of reasons and all adults should be free to do so without having to worry about prison

frankly I wouldn't care, if it were not for the state of mankind, at this point everyone is on something legal or illegal or both,and I think clear heads are helpful once and a while.

Main issues I have is how I have seen drugs and alcohol destroy lives,being an alcoholic myself, sober for thirty years, involved in the drug culture myself, I am speaking from my personal experiences.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: IWasHereEonsAgo

Hallucinogens (not just mushrooms) are generally safe and non-addictive, but we gotta take baby steps here man. It's such a struggle to get marijuana legalized, scratching away at the scab of disinformation of hallucinogens is a WHOLE other ballpark that we aren't ready to get into.

100% agreed.

crawl before you walk. im for legalization across the board but the majority of people are not ready to accept hallucinogens

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
they started putting caffeine in coca cola even though caffeine can be dangerously addictive...and has also killed more people than marijuana. because it makes coke sell. marijuana being put through the red tape has nothing to do with its health effects. it is all economy and business.

They started out putting coc aine in coca cola (get it?). They then switched to caffeine which is in it today.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

frankly I wouldn't care, if it were not for the state of mankind, at this point everyone is on something legal or illegal or both,and I think clear heads are helpful once and a while.

Main issues I have is how I have seen drugs and alcohol destroy lives,being an alcoholic myself, sober for thirty years, involved in the drug culture myself, I am speaking from my personal experiences.

try not to lay your trip on everyone.
sucks you were an alky. sucks you know people whos lives were 'ruined' by drugs.
has nothing to do with me and what substances i use.... you know

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's not as addictive as Alcohol. Also, it has huge medical benefits for some people. It probably should be legalized.

Having said that, it is really abused. Sure it's better to have stoners walking around then drunks. It just is, but the problem lies in when we say it's not as bad as alcohol and people start getting high all the time.

I knew and know now lot's of people who got and get high. I can't stand being around them. They can't focus, they have that faraway look in their eyes, very hard to hold a conversation with them, they tend to zone out on things and forget things all the time. Added to that they usually smoke several packs of cigarettes a day!

I know it sounds like I'm stereotyping here, but that's my real life experience. It should be legal, but just because something is legal doesn't mean it's a good idea.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

In the annual Cannabis Cup competition, where marijuana enthusiasts gather to try pot from various places and vote on their favorites, the most potent strains have a THC content of around 25%, according to testing commissioned by the organizers at High Times. But at the University of Mississippi, in a laboratory that tracks the potency of marijuana seized by federal law enforcement officers, they've found even higher levels -- as high as 37%, according to Dr. Mahmoud ElSohly, the director of the Marijuana Potency Project.

Since 1972, ElSohly says, the average THC content of marijuana has soared from less than 1% to 3 to 4% in the 1990s, to nearly 13% today.

"There's an increase in psych admissions," says Dr. Stuart Gitlow, a psychiatrist who estimates that upwards of 1 in 100 people using high-THC marijuana experience psychotic symptoms. As president of the American Society for Addiction Medicine, Gitlow also worries about the long-term impact.

Psychiatrist leads crusade to legalize marijuana

"If you look at marijuana, the intensity has changed. So I would expect it to have a somewhat higher addictive potential."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

seriously,

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Because not everyone...or even a high percentage of users of either....get addicted....I think its "addicted-personalities" that is the real issue. Not which is worse. One can become addicted to anything.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
They can't focus, they have that faraway look in their eyes, very hard to hold a conversation with them, they tend to zone out on things and forget things all the time. Added to that they usually smoke several packs of cigarettes a day!

I know it sounds like I'm stereotyping here, but that's my real life experience. It should be legal, but just because something is legal doesn't mean it's a good idea.

it does not sound like you are stereotyping, you are stereotyping.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I agree. I don't want to be divisive but not everybody is affected like that. A lot of them can hold conversations, ones of great complexity and depth. They also can extrapolate on subjects in ways we don't usually see.

It's like saying all drunks are violent. Or all internet addicts are overweight.

Stereotypes don't help, they just divide.

(post by wantsome removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Onkenmoose101 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I just hope many of the anti-weed posters here never have an ailment that can be controlled with pot.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Alcoholic says, "Weed nothing. Booze HARD!" I go 3 days without booze and someone gonna getta hurt real bad.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

I'm sick and tired of the pro pot propaganda. Legalize and tax it they say. You can't tax something that's grown in a closet. If it's taxed to high no ones going to buy it it will just stay on the black market..

sure you can.
even if it is taxed too high people will still buy it.

i said i think the criminal element will go away almost over night and i still believe that.
there will always be the people that sell weed though.
people like my mother that i mentioned, she is never gonna go to the local drug dealer to get pot. if it was legal though she would be at the convenient store every day buying packs of joints..
there are millions of people like her that would do the same thing.

you can make alcohol in your bathtub. people still do drink shine and 'illegal' alcohol but for the most part if you want booze you go to the store.
same thing would happen.
there will still be those numbers that go to the local deal for whatever reasons but if you could buy joints at circle k you better believe the majority of smokers would get them that way.
i would like to know what state youre in and why it is such a mess due to medical mj.
i doubt that really is the case so kindly tell me what state so i can look it up.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
to each is to own. i smoke enough weed to kill a grizzly and i do not like drinking. i am addicted to how marijuana makes me feel. it is the only drug without a come down. alcohol come down sucks sooo bad.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
To an addict...a person whose life is controlled by drugs...all are equally addicting.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join