It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents Urged To Shelter In Place As Police Investigating Suspicious Activity In Parkville

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

PARKVILLE, Md. (WJZ)—Police are on the scene of a “suspicious condition” in the 3100-block of Texas Avenue in Parkville.

[url=http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/09/16/residents-urged-to-shelter-in-place-as-police-investigating-suspicious-activity-in-parkville/]Source[/ur l]
Part of me hopes nothing is going on. But the other part of me hopes they arent just doing some random drill. Making people shelter in place because of "a suspicious condition is sketchy. They give very little information. I tried to post this in the breaking news forum but for some reason I couldnt find the post button. If anyone can find any other information and help me stay up to date on whats going on I would greatly appreciate it. If it's a drill they are going to start pulling this crap all over the place.
edit on 16-9-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/16/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/16/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-_Fixed Source URL.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch
Just posting to give myself a mental bookmark. I too would love to be updated as this unfolds and hope that it is really just nothing. However, I've been hearing rumors lately of ISIL working with the cartels; but, I had just thought that to be disinfo.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Broken link, seeing if this helps:
Link here

Another:

Baltimore County police are advising residents in Parkville to shelter in place as the department's bomb squad and Hazmat team investigate a suspicious device.

Baltimore Sun

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
twitter.com...
Baltimore county's twitter is saying possible hazardous device

hehe me and the person above me must have been posting at the same time. Its more than likely a drill. Even though they say suspicious device I'm guessing Baltimore Police has a few of those bomb disposal robots that they have to "use or lose" through that pentagon program. Not saying a terrorist wouldnt bomb a residential neighborhood but I would think they would be after bigger targets. I could be wrong though. Could be a criminal trying to take someone out and not terrorism per se.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a bomb threat to me and the police are telling the citizenry to stay put for their own protection while the police check it out. I see nothing to get alarmed about.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Looking at the photo in the stories link looks like cops just shaking down some people. Or the store ran out of donuts?
Look how fat that one cop is! I am amazed he can even walk.

edit on 9/16/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I hate deals like this. Either spill the beans on what's going on or STFU.

Not sure I would obey a "shelter in place" order without knowing some details.

It could also lead to some innocent person getting hurt/killed. I know for a fact I would be armed and on high alert. Scary stuff!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
Just posting to give myself a mental bookmark. I too would love to be updated as this unfolds and hope that it is really just nothing. However, I've been hearing rumors lately of ISIL working with the cartels; but, I had just thought that to be disinfo.

ISIL working with cartels makes perfect sense if you understand the USA's own personal history with the cartels, in particular one of the families in the USA that benefited the most from the cartels - at the same period in history working with cartels and Middle Eastern partners.

But I digress...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

They need to start making high protein donuts for cops.

As far as 'Shelter in place' goes.... for a suspicious device? Do they think it is a nuke or some sort of bioterror weapon?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Looks like they are rerouting students in that area BACO

Also, for those interested, here is the scanner to listen live Baltimore County Since I have been listening, the only thing they have been talking about pertaining to this is moving the kids.

ETA New tweet

#BCoFD units, including standby medic units, clearing Parkville scene. #BCoPD remain o/s; investigation continues. ^EA
Twitter

~OkieDokie

edit on 16-9-2014 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Why? Is there a reason to create conflict while the police are trying to determine the threat level of whatever they are doing? If the police tell you to stay put, then do it. It's not like the police in this story are pointing guns at anyone. So why jump on edge all of a sudden? Do you want the police to start suspecting you and paying attention to you?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Do they think it is a nuke or some sort of bioterror weapon?

Their probably searching for donuts. But seriously if it was the case of WMD, there would be FBI, NSA all over the place. There wasn't even a bomb squad there according to the picture.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't really agree with the police imprisoning people in their homes while they deal with an unspecified threat. Either its a threat or it isn't. If there is a bomb in my neighborhood I dont wanna shelter in place, I wanna go to the other side of town. Just sayin. Everytime I hear the phrase "shelter in place" I think of door to door room to room searches such as in Boston marathon, hurricane sandy, the army base shootings, etc. What constitutes a potentially hazardous device these days anyways? An old pressure cooker that someone left on the side of the road perhaps? Bombs arent really new as far as weapons go, this shelter in place B.S. is though.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Because I don't blindly follow orders from anyone(besides my wife of course). If an officer told me to go inside, I need a damn good reason as to why. I'm a big boy and will decide for myself what actions to take depending on the situation.

I own a family business and my house is next to my shop. If a shelter in place order is given, I expect to know why! " because I said so" is not good enough for me.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

Their probably searching for donuts. But seriously if it was the case of WMD, there would be FBI, NSA all over the place. There wasn't even a bomb squad there according to the picture.

Which is even more unnerving. If its quite obviously a false alarm this just goes to show you that the police can use shelter in place at will.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

We get it, cops eat donuts. I'm splitting my sides over here.
Not every police action is a nefarious act. They appear to be doing what they are paid to do. They might even be trying to protect some folks!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Shelter in place in Parkville has been lifted. No hazardous device found. Police investigation continues; #BCoPD will be o/s for awhile.^EA
Twitter

SO now they have lifted it and still no explanation? Residents had been asking what it was about for the last 2 hours.

~OkieDokie

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Yes because purposely making a police officers' job harder always ends well... You know I'm not the biggest fan of the police (especially the Baltimore county police), but if an unarmed and not wearing body armor police officer came up to me and asked me to shelter in place, I'd probably listen. As long as he's not investigating me or my family, I don't care. It's probably for my protection anyways. Jumping straight to being confrontational is only going to end up with you hurt, arrested, or both.

This story is clearly about a bomb threat (suspicious package) and sheltering in place would be a GOOD idea. Last thing you'd want to do is ignore the officer's warning and wonder into the blast radius as it was going off and get seriously injured or worse. Heck that is just one scenario. What if through you non-compliance, forcing the officers to handle you, it causes them to not be able to take care of the situation properly upon escalation and a bunch of people end up hurt or injured?

[snipped]
edit on Wed Sep 17 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This story is clearly about a bomb threat (suspicious package) and sheltering in place would be a GOOD idea. Last thing you'd want to do is ignore the officer's warning and wonder into the blast radius as it was going off and get seriously injured or worse. Heck that is just one scenario. What if through you non-compliance, forcing the officers to handle you, it causes them to not be able to take care of the situation properly upon escalation and a bunch of people end up hurt or injured?

Problem is they found no explosives. So they locked people in their houses for a few hours based on what I can only assume was an anonymous tip. How would you like it if you had somewhere to be that day? A plane to catch? A wedding to go to? A doctors appointment? So we should just let police do whatever they want? Wanting to know what's going on is making their job harder? That kind of thinking bugs me. Everything is top secret these days. For public safety reasons of course. Or national security. It's all for our own good supposedly. The government knows whats best for us all. We should be good little sheep and shelter in place until they tell us we are safe from a threat that never existed.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Because I don't blindly follow orders from anyone(besides my wife of course). If an officer told me to go inside, I need a damn good reason as to why. I'm a big boy and will decide for myself what actions to take depending on the situation.

I own a family business and my house is next to my shop. If a shelter in place order is given, I expect to know why! " because I said so" is not good enough for me.

Kaw... you are right.

The problem is that people are too willing to blindly follow orders of "Shelter in place." This is a new tactic to condition the American citizens of large cities. I hate to see the day it spreads further.

I think we should wait to find out what the actual incident is before we be completely judgmental. However, the use of this request is rather new and much more tyrannical in nature. If people don't see it as conditioning then they are already conditioned and perhaps beyond repair.

Law abiding citizens, and business owners, have a right to know why they are being asked to close up shop and/or home. "Because I said so" is tyrannical and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that "freedom and liberty" are on their way out if not already gone in the USA.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join