It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intuition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Where does that voice come from which tells you at certain times to act a certain way?

Are we able to always act upon our intuition, and is free will there so to be able to not act upon intuition?

Feel free to discuss.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't get too concerned about where it comes from but whether or not we hear it.

The main thing to realize is that if we aren't listening to the voice, it may cost us our lives.

John Lake was driving up at mountain with his family when he heard a voice tell him to pull over onto the wrong side of the road.

After pulling over, a truck came speeding down the mountain, out of control with no brakes.

It roared past them in the wrong lane and would have killed him and his family if they had continued driving.

"...my wife and I were driving into the city. As we were coming up one of the highway a Voice said, "Pull onto the left of the road and stop." Don't you know that Voice, Christian heart? That Voice is so common that I never even spoke of it to my wife. The left side is the wrong side of the road, and you are breaking the traffic law to be there. But I have listened to that Voice so many years that I have learned in most cases to obey it. Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice." (John 10:27.)

(The thought I am trying to bring to you, dear friends, is the value of knowing the Lord and what communion with God means. Salvation is not just something God gives you that is going to bless you after you die; it is having the presence of the Lord now. God has promised to the Christian the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit.)

I pulled onto the left hand side of the road, ran the wheels of my car close into the ditch, and stopped. Immediately, I heard the grinding of a great truck coming around the curve. I had not seen it before. Instead of coming normally, it was coming down the driver's left hand side of the road at a 45degree angle. The truck had gone out of control and was covering the whole road! If I had been on my side of the road, it would have sideswiped me and pushed me over the bank.

A 100 foot drop down! But I was on the other side when the great thing swept past me. The truck went 50 to 100 feet beyond me, struck a rough spot in the road, and straightened itself. The driver got the truck under control and went on. Dear friends, men in the Word of God were guided by the Voice of God. God talked to them. This is the inner thing of real Christian experience, the reason men seek by the grace of God to enter into the real heart of God into the real soul of Jesus Christ into the place where He lives within you where His Voice speaks in your heart.

Adventures in God

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Yes, sometimes following intuition is breaking the law or doing something against others will.

Is not following your intuition sinning?

edit on 13-9-2014 by Trapeze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Trapeze

Why would it be?

My intuition (or conscience) was the thing that told me I shouldn't take the big wad of cash I found lying around in my apartment breezeway. Was it a sin to turn it in to the cops? Or should I have kept it for myself despite it not being mine?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Where does that voice come from which tells you at certain times to act a certain way?

There are many differing opinions as to where that voice comes from. God, your unconscious mind, the collective unconscious, your higher self, angels, ebe's, and so on.
I'm not going to say where it comes from. But in my experience, where ever it comes from, it is separate from my conscious, conscience, or unconscious mind. I don't believe in god, so for me, it doesn't come from there, either. I just know, when I listen to it, and don't try to analyze it. It's always 100% right, and has never been wrong.

Are we able to always act upon our intuition, and is free will there so to be able to not act upon intuition?

1. Of course. The choice is yours.
2.See number 1.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Good question...

In the case I cited above, I believe just the opposite could be true.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You don't know what the story is around it, or what the consequences could be. If intuition says leave it, leave it.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It would be a "sin" if You didn't use 'it'...

namaste

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It used to be that after a certain amount of time if the money is not claimed then it is yours legally.

As far as the voice we hear and listen too it becomes important to pray and ask the lord to put himself with you before events in your life take place. Look no further than some hospitols to find those that hear many voices. This is why a simple guidence prayer in the middle of things can be soo helpful sometimes.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trapeze
a reply to: Murgatroid

Yes, sometimes following intuition is breaking the law or doing something against others will.

Is not following your intuition sinning?

Depends if the action/behaviour follow the golden rule or not. If it is not against the golden rule then it cannot be a sin.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Sweet, thx.

top topics

join