It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despicable Arson at Manchester Dogs Home reveals Human Kindness and Generosity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The fire was started on Thursday night leading to the deaths of an estimated 60 dogs at the Manchester Dogs Home , members of the public rushed to the scene and helped rescue 150 dogs from the sanctuary which was established in 1893.

Now the Dogs Home has said that since the fire donations of £1 million have been given by well wishers shocked by the news.

The staff and trustees of Manchester Dogs’ Home would like to express their enormous gratitude for the huge support received from the public following the devastating fire on site Thursday night.

All of the surviving dogs are now being cared for – the majority of them going to sister site Cheshire Dogs’ Home near Warrington – and those in need of veterinary treatment have been receiving it. The Dogs’ Home has been inundated with messages of support from members of the public and local businesses
Manchester and Cheshire Dogs' Home

I salute the brave people of Manchester who risked their own safety to go into the buildings and rescue the surviving dogs and all the good people who have donated to help the charity in its time of need , times like this renew my faith in Human kindness.

As for the little scroat that started the fire , I hope you discover that karma is a bitch and the full weight of the law is brought down on your worthless little head.

edit on 13-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i was watching this unfold a few nights ago on fb.. terribly sad...and it turns out a 15 year old has been arrested and bailed for it. i was on the justgiving site when the goal was 5k... it was at 20k when i first saw it... now it's at 1.3 mill...

www.justgiving.com...

and it turns out simon cowell just weighed in as well, first time he's done anything i approve of!
www.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
These are the kind of stories that really stir something in me. First of all, that 14 year old needs to be taken off the streets forever as he is a complete nutter and will do similar again.
Secondly, I am actually crying over this. Those poor doggies, sentient creatures that just want to belong. I am glad humans have helped them, as I usually have no hope in humanity.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Can't even fathom what went through the arsonists head, what a monster. These poor rescue dogs were already abused, abandoned... on top of that having to go through such a thing. Observing the comments, how in the heck is the arsonist not in jail, even at his age-dunno how differece in the UK it is with it- but as a juvenile he should be monitored. Good for the donations, can may way not only for those dogs to live comfortably again, but can help the facility to support more homeless dogs. Maybe they can play a part too on getting a good case set up to have him dealt with accordingly. Even a campaign of sorts to help spread awareness of animal abuse.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Right now...

I'm just angry.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

how in the heck is the arsonist not in jail

At the moment he's just a suspect so until he's charged with the offense he's free to roam , the sad truth is though due to his age and our pathetic justice system here even if he is jailed (and that's a big if) it will only be for a few months.

Perhaps justice will be best served by the good people of Manchester , I'm sure his name is already on the street.

top topics

join