It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone here do dream interpretation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm looking for someone who does dream interpretations. I'm not going to go into the details of the dream at the moment, but I had a very vivid, borderline lucid dream, and it seems like the type that has some sort of hidden meaning to it, or possibly could have been a non-literal vision or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
kz

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If you post it a lot of people around here will help you understand its meaning.

Unless is very private then is up to you.

Sometimes vivid dreams if this is the first time you have one it could be a message, if you have them all the time it depends what is all about, it could just everyday thing that is bothering you at the moment.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
No one can do dream interpretation for anyone else...it's an impossibility. It's very personal and one must analyze for themselves.....No one can do that for you no matter what they say. Example: If my mother would dream of snakes she would know something bad was about to happen, if they were swimming in muddy water, she knew there would be a death....it never failed. She was scared to death of snakes. I can dream of snakes with no worry because I am not afraid of snakes. Colors.....the same thing....you have to look at what a color represents to "you"....you must look at it and analyze it yourself.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
LadyV--What you say makes a lot of sense, which is why I've dissected this dream about eleven different ways on my own.

Maybe I should just share the damn thing and get some input on it.

I've shown sings of precognition in the past, right down to literal visions of things to come (a wreck I was in, the breakup with my ex, things that pertain to me). That's why this thing has gotten to me, because it was very vivid, and dealing with things that are very personal to me.

I won't get into all the minute details--I dreamt that I was shopping for Christmas gifts, and walked out of the store, got hit by a car and died in the parking lot. I could hear the ambulance coming, but they didn't make it before I died. I died in December of 2004, at the age of 21. I felt myself leave my body as I was hearing the ambulance and stuff, then I was aware of another presence. It spoke, and said something along the lines of not being done yet, there was still something I had to accomplish before I could move on. I went to a place that can only be described as a holding cell for souls (seriously, it reminded me of a quasi-futuristic jail cell with decent lighting). I watched a soul in the cell next to mine get reincarnated as a snake. So I'm just kind of hanging out there, not aware of how long it's been or what's gonna happen next.

Then I'm in great physical pain, apparently being reincarnated, except unlike the poor sap who became a snake in the next cell, I'm human again, born in 2051. Then, time goes from 2051 to 2068, and I'm 17 again. Strangely enough, the future in my dream wasn't too different from the present, and I didn't actually remember hardly anything from my past (well, I'm living it now) life. Then I saw someone I recognized, and all the sudden remembered that I'm kaoszero, born in 1983, and I worked there, and went to college there, and got hit and killed in that parking lot.

Needless to say, most people thought I was straight crazy, except for this person I recognized. It was someone I currently know, and have since I was 17. She knew I wasn't crazy, cause she remembered me, from 50-some-odd years ago.

Like I said, this is a person I know, and have for a few years. We had a pseudo-relationship a couple years back, but due to circumstance we couldn't actually be together.

So then, I had this messed up dream, about dying, and meeting her again in my next life.

I found out two days after I had this dream that she just got engaged.

So that's essentially the dream I had. If I take it at face value, I think that means I screwed up in this lifetime and have to wait for the next one. Well, that or else I have an overactive imagination.

Sorry for the long post, and please don't post just to flame me. I'll gladly take any opinions that anyone is willing to offer.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Wow Kaoszero, I can see why you are so eager to discover the meaning of this dream. I agree with Lady V, as dreams relate to the things that go on in your head, and your perception, but I will examine some of the more obvious factors, since you seem to want some opinions.

In general numbers have a lot of meaning, or most people seem to think so at least, so you may want to keep the numbers all in mind.

Okay, first I will say that the general theme of your dream probably has a lot to do with you expanding spiritual awareness (whether subconsciously or consciously). It seems to be your desire to really understand 'what does it all mean?' (ironic considering you are asking the same about your dream).

I see the themes of Death and Rebirth and the change processes and catylists between cycles. These are common themes of dreams.

Have you by any chance been reading about any of those 2012 predictions?? Because you have December and the age of 21...

I know after I discovered those theories I realized maybe that is what all those gnarly christmas-shopping-but I am running out of time dreams may have been hinting at.

I think also you are looking at themes of life creation, souls etc. Possibly you are entering an age (no idea if you are actually 21) where you are becoming aware of your abilities to create life??

Could that be the reason why you are searching for a female you recognize in a confusing new world?

You could literally interpret these dreams, but it sounds to me as though they are very symbolic, and you recognize that. (theres no way a car can go that fast in a mall parking lot at xmas time anyhow!)

The most important thing, is to remember your emotions and feelings, perspectives during the dreams. Those are most telling of your mindset, and that's where the meaning of dream imagery can ultimately be found.

Perhaps you are feeling as though you are in limbo in life right now? As though your soul is in a holding cell? Vulnerable to your fate? (to give it the existential take)

Really, I am just telling you ways of looking at this, but, its for you to decide what exactly your dream meant.

*You can also search the terms "dream dictionary" or "dream symbology" online and type in key words, but I warn you most of these are utterly ridiculous. Just like lady V said..snake to one person isnt the same as snake to the next.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by duh squared]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You may also want to note that death in December has some symbology as many associate winter (which is Dec 21) with death (depression, lows, darkness too) and spring with rebirth.

maybe it is seasonal affective?

I really couldn't keep track of every little thing in the dream that you were curious about symbol wise?

If you like, you could post some of the specific images (like the snake or the holding cell) etc. You may be able to get a few different perspectives on the meaning from other users.

Also remember that in dreams, the scenery is very often paralell to what is in our minds. I often see shopping centers/malls in dreams when I have a lot of seperate things going on in life. Each little store kind of represents a different category of stuff on my mind I tend to think. Directions, speed, colors, surroundings, scale of objects, etc are all very telling of what is on the mind.

new topics

top topics

join