It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hate towards me on ATS lately?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Awwe they're just bullies propping up their egos, by making you feel like poop. Please don't leave!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
- Bernard M. Baruch

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Just remember,

when nobody likes you,

you are winning on ATS,

two is a good start but you have a long way to go

NA variety

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Insecurity and a lack of emotional maturity.

Not yours....theirs.

Some people only seem capable of obtaining validation by putting others down or pointing out their weaknesses. It makes them feel better about themselves.

Don't give it any power.

Focus on what you believe and know to be true about yourself. The rest is just noise.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Just means you're doing it right.

ETA: For what it's worth I appreciate your posts.
edit on 9/11/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
And you care what other people think about you why??

Really, you don't even know these people......

what they think upsets you???

Nobody on here like me..... or what I have to say.

I could care less.

I say what I want and if you don't like it there is a little X at the top right corner of your screen.....click it!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Thanks, I feel better now.

I just hate to be called a liar when I am being genuine, I think that is what really got under my skin.

With all my typos and such, I can see how someone mis-reads what I wrote but the guys with these initials take it to the extreme: EU, ND, and MM

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Don't let it get you down jrod. It happens once in a while to almost everyone. If we were to agree with everyone on their issues, they would not do that. But that would mean you would have to bend your beliefs to match others. We are all equals in this world even though some people think they are more deserving. Ad Hominum tactics are used here quite a bit.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Don't know the scenarios you have been facing here but you have an ally if I ever come across those attacks.. Let the mockers do what they do best and just ignore them.. We have better things to learn about than idiots and their pathetic attacks.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Hey - hang in there.

An earlier poster noted that degoratory, dimissive and deverting posts cast a negitive light on the poster of same. It helps to keep that in mind.

I suffer too from apparent distain and often deliberate derailment as well and use this forum as practise in not getting caught up in another's crap. I'm not always successful but get a lot of practise and am getting better.

There are people I have learned to just not response to at all regardless of what they say.

There are the subtlier ones that I will engage with for a short while until I can determine whether they are hearing what I am saying at all.

And there are times, I almost give up and leave.

Realize that most, certainly not all, of posters (and I include myself here) are truly ingnoarant of there motives for what they write. There are those who behave in this way deliberately because it gives the illusion that they are better then someone else. There are those who truly want to discuss things, share information and keep an open mind but they often run off as soon as the negators (ooohhh - new world - kewl) arrive.

You've had a journey, it is continuing. It's not always easy but it 'can' (I say can because it's up to you) get better.

Show other people the respect and kindness you want them to show you, not in order to receive it per se but because it's the correct way to treat other human beings.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Perhaps you divulge too much personal sensitive information, do not share that which you do not want to be criticized for, sorry this is the nature of the beast.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

jrod,
Some people on this site are know-it-all-jerks and I avoid them like the plague when I can. I don't start a conversation with them, and if they 'attack' me I might reply one time, just to state my distaste, but I do not go back and forth because I've learned from experience that it's pointless.

And if they bombard the thread with their nonsense, I move on to a nicer thread.

Also, I've been known to hit the "alert" button to a post on occasion, because frankly, no one is supposed to attack another poster. The mods have been very helpful in those few cases. It helps to give a little background (like if a particular member has made a habit of attacking you.)

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
jrod,

lemme share a little something with you. I am 35, and spent 34 years worrying about what strangers think. I am not saying this is true for you, but mine came directly from lack of self confidence. If this does represent you, just keep being yourself and posting your truth. No matter who you are or what you say, someone will ALWAYS disagree, and through their own lack of confidence, find it required to try and break you.

This is how cowards get on top, by trying to create other cowards. Don't let them make you one

If however, it has nothing to do with lack of self confidence, then to heck with them. Do these three things and life gets much easier

1. Live genuinely
2. Do not harm others
3. Live unapologetically

I promise if you do those three, you'll make your own magic

I am still learning to do number 3 this late in the game, but it's getting easier day by day because I am finally living genuinely. Not to say I was lying before, but I was lying to me

Be well friendo

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It makes me think of something one of my very religious friends told me once: "The closer you get to God, the harder Satan attacks"

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

there... hope this makes you feel better

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
This has been an ongoing thing for me at ATS.

My credibility is constantly under attack. I divulge a little information on one thread and it becomes a 5 page person attack directed by 2 posters against my time in the Navy where I was discharged after a DUI. The other posters really said somethings that upset and my response may have been sub par, either way it really hurt.

On another thread, a poster who is trying to debunk everything that has something to do with climate change has misquoted me and making the claim that I claimed I had a PHD, thus a phoney who makes false claims and everything I write is junk.

This is obviously a site I enjoy. I like to learn and this site at times can have a wealth of knowledge. Yet this personal attacks against me hurt and certainly make me feel desperate to 'get even'. I do not know if that is the intent of those posters or if I some serious issues.

Either way, I think I need a little help. Just a little encouragement.

I am not some stupid lazy bum that is a military washout because I drink too much that rather collect food stamps than work.

The reality is I am a hard worker and even been called smart by some. Those who know me best are baffled by the fact my DD-214 says Alcohol Re-Hab failure. It is truly hindered my attempts of finding meaningful work.

I know I am far from perfect, I just don't get why some posters seem to single me out.

In the real world it is easy to assume @-holes like that are just jealous, not so easy to brush off this in the virtual world.

I don't know you and don't know "who you are" on ATS, but I was once in a similar situation where I felt that everyone had a beef with me. I learned two things during that time. First is that you have to be happy with who and what you are. If you don't like who you are...no one else will, and if you don't like who you are...change yourself. If you are comfortable in your own skin...F everyone else who doesn't like you. They don't have to and you shouldn't care. And second...no one should judge another person by where they are in their lives...judge them in how they are handling it. That is character. I've seen people of good character, living on the street...and I've seen people of horrible character living in penthouses. And while I've never been either of those, I have been close to both at different times.

I used to play in bands and I had one personal rule for myself and other band members. If you don't believe we are the best band in the world...you shouldn't be in this band. Because if you don't believe we are the best, no one else will. I believe that works for individuals also.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Double post apologies
edit on 9/12/14 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Don't worry about it.

Its just microagression, happens all the time apparrently. Here is an article Andrew Klavan wrote on frontpagemag.com.

Here is a 'snippet'ß

To combat the tragedy of microagression, we here at the Revolting Truth have collected some real life MA experiences and submitted them to experts for commentary and advice. Trigger warning: these are genuine examples of microaggression and may cause you to experience some of the terrifying injustice of being a minority or female college student in today’s America.

All right, here’s one from the website, The MicroAgressions Project: “I wanted to get my nephew a My Little Pony coloring book since I like MLP… My brother, however, objected… I ended up getting my nephew a Batman one, but I don’t like Batman. It made me feel angry and sad that my brother is so entrenched in stereotypical gender roles.”

Wow. We submitted this sad story to Aran, an Iraqi Yazidi women, who sent this reply:

“Dear American College student. I am very sorry to hear of your My Little Pony incident. I perhaps can identify with some of your suffering as I was forced to watch while Islamists murdered my beloved husband and children before selling me into sexual slavery. Like you, I too felt forced into stereotypical gender roles. I hope your nephew enjoys his Batman.”

More perspective in the full article.

Chin up OP!
Noli illegitami carborundum.
edit on 9/12/14 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

When people are mean to me I always try to kill them with kindness.....literally...I try to kill them....with kindness.

Don't sweat it mate...it is the internet. I once had a huge argument with someone on another forum only to find out we were both soldiers and new some of the same guys...we instantly became friends. It is easy to be so detached to actual humans through the internet but once they connect with you on a human level it is like their morals kick in.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

In the real world it is easy to assume @-holes like that are just jealous, not so easy to brush off this in the virtual world.

Looks to me like you already have a solution. Even easier to do in the virtual world.

trolls, loonies, keyboard warriors...etc. will always want to thrive on someone else`s expense. Like some have already pointed out, they will exploit your weakness and feed from it, cause that`s what keep them going. It`s their fuel and it`s only thing they have, miserable creatures.

Bear in mind that if you think of them and what they said, this way they control you indirectly and you feed them with your thoughts. I know the thought of revenge is instinctive and defense mechanism but you have to avoid it at all costs or you could become one of them. Once you overcome this and clear it in your heath and mind you will feel peace and these attempts will just bounce off you like you were superman

Remember, it may distract you, it may hurt you, it may break you, but what doesn`t kill you makes you stronger.

You have my support
And I see I`m not alone....

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
First off this is all in text so we don't truly know the context behind each message. Unless I guess they come out and say some direct insults.

Secondly you should call them out to the public here on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join