It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why "ufology" still not coming in university syllabus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
why "ufology" still not coming in university syllabus?
we all know there is branch called "ufology".....
edit on 11-9-2014 by Ujwaleshwar123456789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ujwaleshwar123456789

You know,
I agree with you. You can major in Beyonce, liberal arts, and any number of ridiculous nonsense. Why not ufological
Theory?

How would one go about making this a thing?
Write a curriculum pitch it to a school and threaten to sue for discrimination if they refuse I guess.

We should make this happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Google is your friend. There are many individual courses at many colleges as well as a few degree programs in ufology. Full degree programs are a bit limited but there are certainly courses available to take.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Introduction to Ufology (UFO 501)
Richard Dolan, Instructor
International Metaphysical University
I wonder if they are accredited, then I can get the VA to pay for my UFOlogy degree....
www.intermetu.com...

Here's another one...
www.collegeofmanagementscience.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

First off, ufology is not a science, never has been and never will be. The topic is basically forbidden to be discussed or taught in any meaningful way by government, science or academia. The manner of control is peer pressure, and the simple lack of funding for any research into that specific area. The powers that be have seen to it that the topic lacks credibility regardless of how many sightings are made of alien-looking craft or how many people report being abducted, etc. Never has there been a public investigation of the phenomena with a genuine purpose by government or funded by government. Couple the lack of (apparent) official interest and the lack of funding required for any serious investigation, and you have the on-going situation of the main question still remaining unanswered.

However, TPTB have been working hard at coming to answer that main question from the more safe scientific end of the question. That is why there is such a push to look for signs of life on other space bodies out there large and small while totally ignoring the direct data in front of our faces every single day.

Any scientist that promotes the concept of UFOs being alien machines is putting himself out on a short limb with the saw already in his own hand. It amounts to professional suicide to take up that stance. One they got that route, they must be prepared to forego any "legitimate" work with their fellow scientific brethren.

Exactly how the system works is best understood by the work of Carl Sagan. As a new Ph.D teacher in astronomy, he was an avid UFO believer. As a student,he even wrote to the Secretary of the US asking what was being done to investigate the phenomena. At some point he was turned to become an ardent skeptic about UFOs in particular but not about being against life "out there" in the Universe. That switch seems to have happened when he was chosen by Dr. Edward Condon to be a member of his infamous "Condon committee" setup by the air force to whitewash the whole UFO topic. Sagan learned his lesson early. Whether he was dishonest with himself or with the public in his denial of UFOs but adamant proponent of ET life remains to be seen. The final chapter about Sagan and UFOs has yet to be written.

top topics

join