It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, in Speech, Outlines Significant Expansion of ISIS Fight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: neo96

He told a big lie to start things off.
He said that 'ISIL' are not Muslim.

Actually, that's pretty much the truth.

Westboro Baptists are Christian.
I do not like them, I do not condone what they do.
But I will not be dishonest and say that they are not Christian just because I don't like what they say and do.

The ISIS fighters shout 'Allahu Akbhar' while they slice heads off. They are not Jews, Christians, Buddhists or Shinto.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

But I will not be dishonest and say that they are not Christian just because I don't like what they say and do.

The ISIS fighters shout 'Allahu Akbhar' while they slice heads off. They are not Jews, Christians, Buddhists or Shinto.

That is a very strong argument, one that everyone would have to agree with except for the Muslims who want to pretend there is no violence in Islam.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

That is a very strong argument, one that everyone would have to agree with except for the Muslims who want to pretend there is no violence in Islam.

Oh I don't agree there is no violence in Islam, I just don't agree that what ISIS are doing is Islamic and I can back that up with Islamic teachings where as you and others just see "Allahu Akbhar" and automatically assume that this must be the work of Islam.. Do you want me to show you the Laws of war through Islam? It would make that strong argument look very weak and ridiculous..

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
ISIS was created/supported as a means to get into Syria and Iran
they were/are a deception
it's trickery
This absolutely disgusts me
that these manipulators will stop at nothing to deliver more death and misery to an already ravaged land
Well I think they have been around for a while but remained in a dormancy just for situations where we ran out of actual boogie men. I wouldn't be surprised if their ranks are full of western mercs paid with US?Afghan drug money. They want Syria to fall. That's abundantly clear. They'll stop at nothing to achieve that objective.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I believe that if ISIS/IS/ISIL are just a bunch of hooligans and thugs, they wouldn't bother wasting their time destroying gravestones and memorials in areas where they take control.
Why would they try to determine whether the populace in the newly acquired areas are Sunni or Shia? [url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/4-questions-ISIS-rebels-use-to-tell-Sunni-from-Shia/articleshow/37257563.cms]timesofindia[/u rl]
Because they are Sunni Muslim!
edit on bu302014-09-11T09:05:59-05:0009America/ChicagoThu, 11 Sep 2014 09:05:59 -05009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Oh I don't agree there is no violence in Islam, I just don't agree that what ISIS are doing is Islamic and I can back that up with Islamic teachings where as you and others just see "Allahu Akbhar" and automatically assume that this must be the work of Islam.. Do you want me to show you the Laws of war through Islam? It would make that strong argument look very weak and ridiculous..

Just who do you think that ISIS prays to when they prostrate themselves at the proper times each day?
Someone other than Allah?
Why do these Sunni Muslims (ISIS) either execute or exile Shia Muslims in the areas that they take over?
If they are not Muslim.... WTH are they?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Sounds about right, just another routine day.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm sure there is a thread about it, but I'll be dipped if I could find it.

Could someone please tell me why he continues to call them ISIL instead of ISIS?

It is making me crazy. And I noticed that after this speech, 1 or 2 reporters have started doing it, while most aren't?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I'm sure there is a thread about it, but I'll be dipped if I could find it.

Could someone please tell me why he continues to call them ISIL instead of ISIS?

It is making me crazy. And I noticed that after this speech, 1 or 2 reporters have started doing it, while most aren't?

Some people out there say that he continues to call them ISIL (the 'L' stands for Levant) is because he prefers to think of them as the conquerers whose caliphate will include the Levant, meaning Israel will be conquered.
Wikipedia: The Levant
edit on b000000302014-09-11T14:33:02-05:0002America/ChicagoThu, 11 Sep 2014 14:33:02 -0500200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Thank you!

But there is no "official" reason?

I figured he was just doing it as an insult or something

Well, this was a bit helpful too
The reasons for ISIL
edit on 11-9-2014 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: butcherguy
Thank you!

But there is no "official" reason?

I figured he was just doing it as an insult or something

Personally, I think that he does it to indicate that he is part of the intellectual elite. He pronounces the names of some countries differently also. Certain news media people do it too.

Tom-ate-toe/Toe-mah-toe.....Tomato.

Your-ah-ness/Your-Anus.... Uranus.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah he wants to do for Iraq what he did for Libya.

So repeat.

Oh they call Libya a 'win'.

They calling Libya a win? Lol

Amazing! I dread to think what these extreme Muslims got from the weapon stock piles and CIA house in Benghazi.

That incident itself has dropped off the radar but what modern hardware and communication devises do this group have now

This group is also selling oil to get funds for it's blood lust and selling the oil in Turkey:-/

He was also just down the road from me recently when he popped in to see Stonehenge and said it was a tick off his bucket list!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Øbama is not fighting ISIS nor the Caliphate...he is focusing on ISIL...believe me his concept of this Entity is not what you & the majority believe it to be...

I forecast Øbama will drag his feet at every step to try and not harm the isis/caliphate that is gonna be under the wing-of-the-Muslim Brotherhood (in time)...

he is going to drag all the 'coalition of 10' into a revolving-door exercise of only 'targeting' ISIL...(as opposed to the ISIS Army &/or the Caliphate)
His definition of ISIL may only be the top 10-50 Leaders of the Sunni-Jihadists....

I also suggest that the ONLY bombings of the IS-Army will be in defense of American Assets from being overtaken...
because (to his mind) the ISIS Army of soldiers are the 'power+force' that is an 'arm' of ISIL

Which might very well explain the Øbama mind-set that ISIL is not Islamist...
"they may be Muslim but ISIL does not represent Islam" ~according to Øbama~ If I my paraphrase the WH occupier

please ---- read between the lines... He is deliberately leaving a trail of bread-crumbs to the Ginger-Bread-House

ISI-'L' where the 'L' means the 'Leadership' is my best guess of his double-speak & throwing the whole west off base
just as a manipulator will do

edit on th30141047098911292014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

One possibility....

the "L" stands for the Levant.

A wider area than just "S" for Syria.

Puts more rum in the punch.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Why Obama claimed ISIS-ISIL isn’t Islamic – because of CAIR (Video)

Now it makes sense why Obama actually had audacity to claim that ISIS-ISIL (The Islamic State) isn’t Islamic. It’s because CAIR wanted Obama to try and separate Muslims and ISIS-ISIL. Nice try Obama-CAIR, but no one is fooled.

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I forecast Øbama will drag his feet at every step to try and not harm the isis/caliphate that is gonna be under the wing-of-the-Muslim Brotherhood (in time)...

That would be a safe bet. We have had 6 years of the admin saying one thing, and doing another.

he is going to drag all the 'coalition of 10' into a revolving-door exercise of only 'targeting' ISIL...(as opposed to the ISIS Army &/or the Caliphate) His definition of ISIL may only be the top 10-50 Leaders of the Sunni-Jihadists....

His 'coalition' will be made up of Sunni 'friendly' allies such as Turkey,Kuwait,Qatar, and Saudi.

The bottom line he is outsourcing to the people who create, and finance terrorism.

So there is no real solution to ISIS or terrorism.

Not until the administration see arab 'allies' for what they ALL are.

Sponsors of terrorism.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

you said in part:

...His 'coalition' will be made up of Sunni 'friendly' allies such as Turkey,Kuwait,Qatar, and Saudi.

the latest I read was that Turkey Forbade the USA of bases/airports/runways to attack ISIS and that the Turks would only provide 'humanitarian relief' from their strategic geography butcherguy has a thread on this here:

the other coalition of 10 include the economically stricken EU -NATO allies...including France and others...
I suggest those EU=NATO Countries with large influxes of Muslim populations in their borders will have major blowback for attacking the Jihadists

~ which further reinforces my forecast of the Obama policy not wearing brass-knuckles to-the-fight~
but wearing velvet gloves instead

edit on th30141047785711242014 by St Udio because: ''''''''''

edit on th30141047932111482014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The President wants to work with the 'moderate' FSA , and now we have word that the FSA has been working with ISIS, not fighting them.
The Daily Star- Lebanon

BEIRUT: Free Syrian Army commanders around Arsal vehemently deny any involvement in recent clashes with the Lebanese security forces, but admit to cooperating with Islamist groups in military operations along the Syrian-Lebanese border. Often at odds on the Syrian battlefields, the FSA, Nusra Front and ISIS have entered a tenuous allegiance of convenience to fight Assad-aligned forces in the badlands surrounding Arsal. “We are collaborating with the Islamic State and the Nusra Front by attacking the Syrian Army’s gatherings in ... Qalamoun,” said Bassel Idriss, the commander of an FSA-aligned rebel brigade.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
And John Kerry says that we are not at war with ISIS.
No really, he said that yesterday.....
CNN

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You know Udio, the agenda of the present administration for ISIS is very clear when the president wants to avoid linking ISIS to Islam, but still manage to agree that they are muslim, the president actually believe that most Americans are either dumb or stupid and that he can get away with distancing Islam from Muslim.

Both goes hand in hand.

ISIS is not some ragtag group they are very well funded and doing something that Sadam was banned from doing, getting Oil out of the borders of Iraq with no problem, just like Sadam no so secret black market of oil, ISIS is not having any problem selling oil and getting revenue, they have help, somebody or some country or some private interest within the US is helping them.

I agree with you, the muslim brotherhood will be rewarded in time thanks to the first black American president that its loyalties seems to be everywhere else in the middle east but the US.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join