It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
PARAMEDICS have suited up to rush a severely ill man to Gold Coast University Hospital this morning amid suspected Ebola virus fears.
The Southport man has been seriously ill for two days with emergency crews confirming he had just returned from The Congo two days ago.
The largest Ebola outbreak in history has ripped through Africa with 2,296 confirmed deaths from the virus. Thirteen people have died in The Congo up to August 25.
Gold Coast Health acting chief executive Damian Green said the patient had been identified by paramedics as ‘having symptoms of Ebola’ and he had been placed in isolation.
“Gold Coast Health is taking necessary precautions and has isolated the patient who is currently being assessed,” he said.
“Gold Coast Health has processes in place to manage such circumstances.