It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feasability of this design

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If you removed the canarads and the top tail wing then angled the two lower tal wings youd get a strikingly similar copy of the YF23. Very nice plane though. Good job man!

Mabye it could be a trainer?
Although i wouldnt mind haveing that in my airforce!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Non Complementary Angles? what do you mean by that? andgles of the trailing edge of the main wing to the leading edge of the tail wings? look at the raptor, that has non complementary angles. Other than that, the second versions nose gear would be too tall the third one, that would be more plausable

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
If you removed the canarads and the top tail wing then angled the two lower tal wings youd get a strikingly similar copy of the YF23. Very nice plane though. Good job man!

Mabye it could be a trainer?
Although i wouldnt mind haveing that in my airforce!

I noticed that
the YF-23 is my baby -hearts-

thanks for the compliments/responds.

My idea for it's role actually changed to a light support/trainer aircraft, kinda like the Rutan ARES

Paladin, I never took the Landing Gear into considderation! silly me...I must add that to the schematic

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Well, here is another attempt, it's more of a stealth design based on the F-22 design, it has the 3DTVC EJ200 as you suggested, I don't know about the air-intake's position but I could figure out a better way, the only other way I could think of was placing 2 smaller instakes on each side of the fuselage.

It looks pretty good to me! There is only one suggestion I want to make: If you are trying to include some stealth in the design, you need to go to twin tails and angle them outward to get rid of the 90 degree angle at the base of the tail. 90 degree angles are the best reflectors of radar, that why all stealth planes have twin tails set at an angle

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
HEY Ground Zero,
I liked the your last attempt, thought that the cannard in the front was a bit extra though seeing that it has both big cannards and huge tail fins. Nice plane though!

It would be nice to see a design which has no vertical stabilisers and only design the wing in such a way so that it provides both as vertical stabiliser and generates sufficient lift at lower speeds, that would reduce drag considerably I think[ I'm not an authority on CFD ]. That's the future of design in combat aircraft just like the Boeing: UCAW.
No seperate tail fins or cannards just wings designed so that they provide stability in all the degrees of freedom. Here's a picture!

Just look at the profile, no seperate vertical stabilisers- only wing design provides stability.
Hope this proves usefull or gives you some inspiration to further improve your design!

IAF

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Ahh, it's the Bird of Prey
a plane that caught most of us off guard when they showed it to us...

It looks pretty good to me! There is only one suggestion I want to make: If you are trying to include some stealth in the design, you need to go to twin tails and angle them outward to get rid of the 90 degree angle at the base of the tail. 90 degree angles are the best reflectors of radar, that why all stealth planes have twin tails set at an angle

Thank you! I completely agree with you but I was a bit lazy, it's a bit hard to draw the 2 seperate vertical stabilisers but i'll try, maybe I will remove the Aillerons and make the stabs YF-23 style...!

edit: here is something I fixed up a bit quickly, I think it is obvious what I did to it

[edit on 16/12/2004 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
my concept...

[edit on 26-12-2004 by grunt2]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Looks much like the F-117 Grunt

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is my version of a upgraded A-10 8)

Make the wings larger to hold more fuel and provide more lift and allow for heavyer war loads. Have the leading edge of the wing ajustable along with the trailing edge.

Upgrade the fanjets and install Thrust Augmenters. It takes in outside air and mixes it with the very hot air inside the jet after it has exited the last set of turbines. This cools the hot gas and as the cool air is heated it also expands porviding 25%-100% extra thrust. With no added fuel being used to provide the thrust. Its a proven fact that this works. It works very similar to after burners but does not need the extra fuel. It does not work in High speed appliction thats why They are not in use with high speed aircraft. As the speed of the aircraft goes up it lowers the extra thrust provided by the augmenters because of drag. This would also cut down the IR of the plane by alot.

Thrust Augmentors

Would also install vector trust on the engines that only goes Up and Down so it will be able to turn tighter.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by shadarlocoth]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
that kinda reminds me of the A-9 design, good concept, i'd wonder what that would do the the manaunverability...

The extra-payload would be nice though lol...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join