It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Beast Asteroid Flew Past Earth Sunday at 31000 MPH !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I looked around on ATS for a while and found nothing on this? Odd
Imagine what could have happened if it hit us at this velocity and apparently Earths gravity could have boosted it's speed to 40000 MPH !
With the potential to wipe out a large area. The asteroid was apparently 1100 feet across.

I have little time to throw this thread together, so please forgive me. Here is the link to an article on it.

www.space.com...

Humanity should be thankful "The Beast" doesn't have Earth in its crosshairs.

This Sunday (June 8), the near-Earth asteroid 2014 HQ124 — which some observers have nicknamed "The Beast" — will give the planet a relatively close shave, coming within 777,000 miles (1.25 million kilometers) at its closest approach, or about 3.25 times the distance from Earth to the moon.

There is no chance of an impact on this pass, researchers stress. But at 1,100 feet (335 meters) wide, 2014 HQ124 could do some serious damage if it slammed into us.

Take care and enjoy the read.
edit on 8-9-2014 by enament because: oops 40000 mph I got KMPH mixed up with MPH

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

I Looked and looked for a single post on this and found nothing on it, I thought for sure someone here would have said something about it,but nothing? How strange.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
June 8th?
Oh yes, here it was discussed: Above top secret thread

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

OOPS delete thread I'm half asleep I thought this was the one that happened yesterday.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Apparently being very tired is just as bad as drunk posting. I'm embarrassed now. :-(

This is the one I thought I was posting about.

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
There was a recent discussion on the Nigerian asteroid. The impact crater would be 40x the size of the asteroid. This one was 335 metres wide, so that would have been a crater 13.4 kilometers wide.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Don't be embarrassed.
At least you didn't record yourself singing an Adele song and posted it on a forum.

...not that I'd ever do that...

...sober...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

1100feet across lol it was only 19mtrs....spaceweather.com

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Pretty wild to imagine that only recently, one came as close as between us and the moon.

top topics

join