It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the add on for N64

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
has any one ever had that add on for the N64 i think its called the DD add on, it had some sort of big disk drive as i have an N64 and i think it was one of the best games consoles that ever came out and i want buy extra bitts for mine.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I wish I still had my old N64....Mario 64, Zelda and Mario Kart were great games!

I think you're referring to to the Dex Drive...It basically used your computer as a memory card and you could share game saves and codes online....I don't think that was an official Nintendo accessory though...

Then there was the memory add-on pack that plugged into the front of the console to enhance the speed and graphics...

Ahh...The good 'ol days....

[edit on 12/6/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I think you're referring to to the Dex Drive...

Nope, the 64DD is real... (or WAS...)

64DD.net
The 64DD (Nintendo 64 Disc Drive) is an add-on to the Nintendo 64 console, theoretically offering countless new options to the gamer. But, being only released in Japan and practically being dead already before the release, most of its potential remained unused.
This website aims to offer fans of the 64DD and also of the Nintendo 64 a platform to meet and communicate, as well as an information database.

Check out more about it here... www.64dd.net...

HOPE I WAS OF HELP

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike
Nope, the 64DD is real... (or WAS...)

Oohh....That's right! Isn't that the same console they said Earthbound 2 would come out on but it never did.....

I remember now....

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
thanks

but is there any were where i can buy one

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Try Ebay, they'll probebly do it

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't remember that the only add on I really remember Is the little red thing you could take out in the front to make it look better or something The video something

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I wish I still had my old N64....Mario 64, Zelda and Mario Kart were great games!

That's why I got the Zelda promo discs for Gamecube. Zelda! I was pretty impressed with disc that had the Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I could be wrong, but I believe that the Master Quest was released originally only in Japan on (cue the drumroll) the 64's disc drive!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
you cant buy one, it only came out in Japan and it will not work on your system, sry man

top topics

join