It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on earth supports existence of ET's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
As usual, my Boolean searches came up with nothing, so although this is over a year old, I hope it hasn't been talked about yet.

In the May 2003 issue of The International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, there was an article published of the discovery by two NASA scientists of a new organism called Spirochaeta americana. This organism was unlike any other multi-celled organism known to man, because it survived in conditions no other could; to include the fact that it survives in environments where there is NO OXYGEN, and extreme temperatures. The scientists believe this creature survives conditions not unlike those on Mars:

"The most ancient life forms on Earth, extremophiles can thrive in acid pools, super-heated volcanic vents, glaciers, nuclear reactor wastes, at high pressure and absolute darkness in deep-sea abysses and in rocks far beneath the Earth's crust -- conditions that would be lethal to most other living things.

Many also survive without oxygen. "While life requires liquid water and energy, it doesn't always require oxygen," said Hoover. In fact, strictly anaerobic microorganisms like Spirochaeta americana cannot live in the presence of oxygen, offering encouragement to scientists who study biology with an eye trained beyond our home planet."

www.spacedaily.com...

In my opinion this supports the theory of life on other planets, including planets in our very own solar system. Perhaps the ET's are living beneath the crust of Mars? If evolution is a sound theory, then perhaps in another galaxy, organisms similar to Spirochaeta americana evolved from the tapeworm-like form into more primate-like creatures, but still keeping their ability to live in oxygen-free environments and super-heated places.

join