It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boots on the ground in Ukraine for NATO allied forces...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Greetings folks.

I just saw this morning on BFM news over here in France that as from the 16th of September until the 26th, 200 US parachutists will be participating in an exercise in the Ukraine...

After doing a little web trotting it turns out that over 1000 allied troops will be turning up for this little annual get together.

A little snippet from Reuters :

As fighting between the army and Russian-backed rebels rages in eastern Ukraine, preparations are under way near its western border for a joint military exercise this month with more than 1,000 troops from the United States and its allies.

The decision to go ahead with the Rapid Trident exercise Sept. 16-26 is seen as a sign of the commitment of NATO states to support non-NATO member Ukraine while stopping well short of military intervention in the conflict.

More here : www.reuters.com...

And Forbes has to say this :

Okay, now you’re asking for it.

Washington is going ahead with a planned military drill in Western Ukraine just hours after Russian president Vladimir Putin was able to convince pro-Russia separatists to stand down in their fight with the Ukrainian military in the eastern oblasts of Donetsk and Luhansk.

This military drill does not bode well for Friday’s cease-fire discussion in Minsk, Belarus between the Ukrainian government and the separatist leaders who will demand autonomy from Kiev.

More here : www.forbes.com...

I would like to add this too dating back from April this year :

EDWARD LUCAS: I hope I'm wrong but historians may look back and say this was the start of World War III

'Vladimir Putin is striking at the heart of the West'
'We can chose to surrender any responsibility we have to protect Ukraine and the Baltic states'
'Or we can mount a last-ditch attempt to deter Russia from furthering its imperial ambitions'
'If we choose to resist Putin, we will risk a terrifying miltary escalation'
'I do not think it an exaggeration to say this could bring us to the brink of nuclear war'

More here : www.dailymail.co.uk...

Hmmmm... Could this just be a deterrent tactic from allied forces or does it seem that everyone wants a good round of fisty cuffs with Russia?

Couple this with the ongoing cancelled French Mistral ship delivery to Russia until November...?

Thoughts respected members?

Personally, I am not looking forward to the outcome of this exercise as things could turn very nasty pretty quickly and drag many neigbouring countries over here in Europe into the conflict... (unless of course Putin and other leaders can keep a cool head and bite their upper lips)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4/9/14 by Rodinus because: Poor editing

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Someone forgot to put up the sign that says, "Please don't feed the bear."

Doesn't sound like this is going to be settling down anytime soon, and it doesn't sound like TPTB want it to settle down. Destabilization seems to be the strategic plan of the day - Iraq, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Ukraine, many countries in Africa, even inside America.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The U.S. conducting training operations with non-nato nations is unusual, especially in one as volatile as Ukraine, with the ongoing civil war.

A bill was introduced in May to make Ukraine an MNNA (Major Non-NATO Ally) but it hasn't been passed yet.

Sounds like U.S. is trying to get a foothold in Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have known about this for a couple of weeks. It is so scary. They want a war. They are going to have their war. It will be what they use as an excuse for why the financial world collapses. I sure hope I am wrong. But I have forced both of my sons to get passports. Please let me be wrong.

a reply to: Rodinus

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

You are correct the US is involved in many ways in the Ukraine. And I believe it is stupid,arrogant and dangerous game to play. What can we gain from this?

Look around people the military industrial complex is going to tear our country apart in the name of profits and power.They need enemies to sell the weapons and that is the root cause of all of this. Isis is another player in the game. War and death are industries just like fast food chains.

After the world has fallen this will turn inward. This is a means to an end. All the pro war voices that are keeping this alive today will be the first to go when this happens.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

All we now need is the fan. Sh**t is already there.

God have mercy on our souls.
edit on 4-9-2014 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Order out of Chaos...need I remind you?
This is the dance, but the bankers still play the tuine....for all the leaders involved....Putin with his billions in energy resources....Obnama....creation of Goldman sachs for goldman Sachs.....harper for the same bankers as Obama...and on and on down the list of government patsys....the shadowy money peoples kids don't die in this #....

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

And the press has a story of boots on the ground in Iraq again thiscantbehappening.net...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
From the OP Source

The United States European Command (EUCOM) says the exercise this month will involve about 200 U.S. personnel as well as 1,100 others from Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Britain, Canada, Georgia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Norway, Poland, Romania and Spain.

So Australia is not involved? OK Good. Carry on at your Convenience.

Fools

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Meanwhile, Russia’s defense ministry announced Wednesday that the forces in charge of its nuclear arsenal will conduct exercises this month involving more than 4,000 soldiers and 400 technical units, including aircraft.

The RIA Novosti news agency quoted the defense ministry as saying that the exercises will take place in the Altai region of south-central Russia, according to Reuters. Dmitry Andreyev, a major in the strategic rocket forces, said troops will be "conducting combat missions in conditions of active radio-electronic jamming and intensive enemy actions in areas of troop deployment."

Preparations are also underway for a joint military exercise involving 1,000 U.S. troops and its allies near Ukraine’s western border, Reuters reports.

I think Russia is putting a serious check on this move...a little scary indeed. Oh, nothing can go wrong here with Russian Nuclear forces doing combat drills with jammed communications. Sheesh!

Source

edit on 4/9/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Order out of Chaos...need I remind you?
This is the dance, but the bankers still play the tuine....for all the leaders involved....Putin with his billions in energy resources....Obnama....creation of Goldman sachs for goldman Sachs.....harper for the same bankers as Obama...and on and on down the list of government patsys....the shadowy money peoples kids don't die in this #....

They should all get a job as BARSTERWARDS...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
From the OP Source

The United States European Command (EUCOM) says the exercise this month will involve about 200 U.S. personnel as well as 1,100 others from Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Britain, Canada, Georgia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Norway, Poland, Romania and Spain.

So Australia is not involved? OK Good. Carry on at your Convenience.

Fools

G'day Dingo.

For cripes sake... no need to call people from around the world FOOLS mate...

But I starred you for your response anyway as you valued ATS cousins on the other side of the pond deserve as much (and if not even more) attention as the rest of of us other members scattered around this humongous planet.

Sincerest apologies if I left Australia out... It was not my intention at all... just a slip of my old memory...

Maybe you can enlighten us other ATS members from around the rest of the world as to what you have heard from Australian sources...?

My apologies, I live in Europe and am too ignorant and foolish apparently to think about the rest of the world... too many darned countries that need to be depopulated... *cough cough grin grin sheepishly*

Looking forward to your input from what you are hearing over there mate.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4/9/14 by Rodinus because: Buggered up editing

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I just don't understand why Russia just doesn't pull the plug on Gas and Oil pipelines flowing into Europe just to 'Illustrate' its power..

When the western world has to use less power and can't heat their homes properly then that is a bigger weapon to the bleating masses.

PDUK

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Maybe you can enlighten us other ATS members from around the rest of the world as to what you have heard from Australian sources...?

i'll chime in on that...we seem to be a day behind here...all i can find on the world news is some hagel stuff about the U.S won't go to war with Russia

www.news.com.au... 7g-1227046768314

and a bunch of stuff about IS and of course the usual rhetoric

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I don't own a tel-lie-vision, and don't want to. I look at many news sources from around the globe and come to my own conclusions. So to ask me Australia's views - my answer is- there is no Australian view, unless you are an MSM Parrot.

My view is - This is all about the World Banks control of energy vs Russian Gas being Europe's Savior - Not an original thought I know, but somewhat a logical thought.

The NWO wants to own everything, everything - so Russia must be made into an enemy for owning it's own Gas - and selling it to Europe.

edit on Thu5995201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
For my Australian brothers, who think this wont involve
our own troops should it come to a sticky wicket.
here is a quote from the gardian web

"Australia is set to boost ties with the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (Nato), the world’s most powerful political and military grouping.

Foreign minister Julie Bishop says Australia will accept a formal invitation to become an enhanced partner when she and defence minister David Johnston attend the Nato leaders’ summit in Wales this week."

I think the enhanced partner bit means that Tony Abbot will get a brand new set of bullet proof speedos.
(sorry cheap shot, but fun)
anyway the government has thown us in with that lot good and proper, not that Russia is standing on it's side of the boader wringing it's hands worring about the poor people stuck in the middle of this proxy war. their in boots on the ground, just the same as every one else. Russia is just a little more overt about it role.

anyway all looks like fun until somebody starts firing nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Things are heating up fast, I only just heard about a NATO quick reaction battalion that will be assembled to specifically counter the Russians in Ukraine. About 4,000 troops they said.

Australia is in the middle of joint Navy/Airforce exercise with Philippines, Pakistan and Japan. Clearly with China in mindset.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK
I just don't understand why Russia just doesn't pull the plug on Gas and Oil pipelines flowing into Europe just to 'Illustrate' its power..

When the western world has to use less power and can't heat their homes properly then that is a bigger weapon to the bleating masses.

PDUK

Because Russia wants this over. It has not gone well and the last thing Russia wants is this dragging on. Europe getting off Russian oil and gas long term would be a disaster for Russia. In the past Russia was able to cause trouble in places like Georgia and Moldova and the West was to busy to notice. This time they noticed and things for Russia have not gone they way they had hoped. Russia now wants to limit long term damage to its economy and try and limit the revitalization of NATO, the coming increases in Western defense budgets and the stopping the loss of its two largest arm markets in India and Vietnam. Russia has big problems and the last thing it needs a is protracted confrontation with the West.

As for the OP, a military exercise is what it is. Ukraine will see it as a sign of support and Russia can not do anything about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
200 paratroops is not going to impress anyone. Even at the NATO summit.

Heres the speech:

"My fellow member states, at this very moment US forces are mounting an offensive against the Imperialist Russian forces inside the beleaguered country of Ukraine. Therefore…

Won't you please consider adding a few more sanctions to the list so International Corporations can open a few more markets in the wider European area?"

Smattering of applause in the room. Later they will edit that to sound tumultuous and play it main stream for denizens of the EU. They will eat Austerity.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Actually this may be a good thing.

Russia likely could not win a offensuve war against even the UK, it would have ZERO chance in a war with the USA.
Just 1 American or NATO soldier attacked would trigger a # storm Russia could not deal with.

Putin may be evil, he may we the woulds secound biggest douche after ISIS but he is not stupid.

Sure Russia could beat off a NATO invasion of the Russian homeland, but if Russia even farts on a NATO member Russia will lose the Ukaraine, its lands in the caucaus regions ect
edit on 4-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join