It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Crystals That Could Make You Healthier & Happier

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Came across this and thought I would share it here. I've always been fascinated by and drawn to crystals so it's nice to know some of the deeper meanings behind them.

Below are ten crystals you can use to possibly improve your health and happiness.

1. Turquoise helps you heal.

Turquoise is the master healer. It is believed to be the energetic bridge between heaven and earth. Since ancient times, it's been highly regarded for its protective and good-luck-charm properties. It's believed that when Turquoise is given as a gift, its healing properties are magnified by one hundred! Turquoise is a stone of communication that helps you to speak your truth, from the highest source of love.

2. Bloodstone gives you energy.

In ancient times, Bloodstone was often worn as an amulet to help purify the blood. When our blood and energy is flowing smoothly, our life force remains strong and healthy. This crystal is a powerful energizer, helping you to overcome lethargy, negative thoughts and self-doubt. Bloodstone also helps to boost enthusiasm, increase drive and maintain emotional wellbeing.

3. Smoky quartz helps you let go.

Smoky quartz transmutes negative energy and acts as a protective shield against unwanted energy. It helps you to let go of old patterns and belief systems that are holding you back. It releases all blocked, old and stagnant energy in the body. Once all of your old energy is removed, new energy is able to fill the open space with light and hope.

4. Rose quartz cultivates love.

Rose quartz is a stone of unconditional love that helps to open and heal the energy of the heart. It encourages the forgiveness of others and, most importantly, of yourself. The secret to finding true love is to love yourself. Rose quartz emits vibrations of love, beauty and compassion. It's a feel-good stone that nurtures, supports and allows you to feel the most powerful energy in the universe: LOVE.

5. Carnelian is good for creativity.

Ancient civilizations believed that carnelian attracted fortune and helped you attract your deepest desires. It removes blocked or stuck creative energy that may be dominating your mind and leaving you feeling burnt out or uninspired. Its vibrant orange color stimulates your passion to move forward and achieve your dreams. Carnelian is an action stone that restores motivation, confidence and joy.

6. Quartz crystal works wonders in clearing the mind.

Quartz crystal is made of silica, the most abundant element on the earth. It also makes up the human body, on a cellular level. When quartz crystal touches your skin, a merging of energy occurs, which is believed to encourage optimal health and healing. Ancient civilizations utilized quartz to balance the body and clear the mind. It's a powerful crystal that transmutes negativity and amplifies energy to raise your vibration and help you align with light and clarity.

7. Celestite relieves stress.

Celestite's name is derived from the Latin word caelestis, meaning celestial. By simply gazing upon it, the heavenly blue color of this crystal inspires deep peace and happiness. It's an ideal crystal to place in your bedroom to bring tranquility and harmonious energy, encouraging restful sleep. When placed directly on your body, celestite brings muscle and stress release to the area on which it is placed.

8. Citrine helps to live in the now.

Citrine is a crystal of light and happiness. It doesn't hold any negative energy and emits large amounts of positive energy. It serves as a friendly reminder to be present and in the now, because in this moment, you can create miracles. Citrine is a manifestation stone that encourages you to dream big, maintain a positive state of mind and attract everything you want in your life.

9. Aventurine attracts new opportunities.

Aventurine helps you to overcome feelings of self-doubt. It opens up the energy of the heart, attracting new opportunities. It helps to increase confidence, self-worth and optimism. As your mind and energy field open up, you are able to see the infinite abundance and opportunities that surround you.

10. Shungite protects against EMF.

Believed to be millions of years old, Shungite is an ancient crystal that is found in Russia. Scientists are still currently researching the full potential of this magical mineral. It's utilized as a powerful shield against electrical magnetic energy (EMF). Shungite helps to absorb negative energy and pollutants. Place a piece of Shungite next to computers or wear on your body as an energetic shield.

Link

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

Not bad!

But I just want to share an important piece of wisdom: There is no such thing as "negative energy". Energy is neutral, it is what you do with it, it is your actions that makes it a tool for goodness or a weapon for evil.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

any credible evidence for these claims ?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
OP I'm curious if you would indulge a question? I promise it won't become some sort of skeptical assault on your thread.

When you read these lists of properties for the stones, do you ever wonder where the "what this stone does" information comes from? I.e. not in some purely scientific sense but merely in the "what is the source of this information?" sense.

Is your underlying presumption that someone's intuition/psychic abilities are allowing them to determine these properties? Or that perhaps by "putting this out there" these abilities/qualities will actually be bestowed on the stones, because of the level of belief of either the user, the merchant, or the mass of people reading this??

Does it occur to you, given the idea that these stones carry some sort of energy, that it might be better to use them in their natural state rather than cut, molded, polished and merchandised?

(I happen to enjoy collecting these types of stones, so these are merely some questions I ask myself. I know my answers, so I was wondering about yours.)

Best,

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am going to collect all ten and make a necklaces! I'll also include my celestial stone, the tigers eye. I am a Gemini born on the 22 of May. and some other stones for meditation in my astral projection exercises.

Great Find! S&F

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

(I happen to enjoy collecting these types of stones, so these are merely some questions I ask myself. I know my answers, so I was wondering about yours.)

Best,

I would like to know your answer.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

any credible evidence for these claims ?

Who cares? it's not as though it can do any harm!

Awesome thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well if you want to completely ignore the fact that for thousands of years ancient civilizations have used crystals then go right ahead, even today crystals are used in modern technology, just look at quartz for example, quartz crystals for many years have been used to provide an accurate frequency for radio transmitters, so not useless by any standards. Anyhoo the title of this thread is '10 crystals that 'could' make you healthier and happier' not 'this will definitely make you healthier and happpier', so yeah, what harm can they do?
edit on 3-9-2014 by Lady_Tuatha because: typo

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think speaking just for me personally that when I look at each crystal I can correlate with its meaning, the celestite for example just looks tranquil and stress free to me, also the bloodstone, clearly people have been looking at that for a long time and associating it with blood (hence the name), I don't know maybe a natural intuition that many people share regarding these stones/crystals, the same can be said for colours and what we associate them with.

and yeah for me I prefer the look and feel of the natural rugged forms, but that's personal taste I suppose, maybe it doesn't really matter if it's polished and on a chain, as long as the owner is happy with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So, it's a matter of individual perception and belief. Thanks for your answer!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

My answer is, purely at the level of the human mind, that our beliefs condition our experiences to a large extent.

I do not, on the other hand hold it as a truism that "our beliefs dictate our reality."

Reality is, well, real. There are certain concrete facts (or quantum facts if you will) that limit the possibilities of "belief."

But in our human experience, what we think conditions what we see. Belief is a filter.

.... that's a "quick" answer, if you can believe it, LOL.

Best,

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Greetings and Salutations- To the O.P. I've got some good books along with some meditation tapes (meditate to/with the crystals, I'll look around the pad..)

SirKonstantin- I also was once under the impression that I was a "Gemini" (May 31) until I dug a tad deeper. It appears that the "newspaper horoscopes" are incorrect/false for 'many'. They were compiled after the numerous 'axis shifts' that Mom Earth has experienced over Her existence. Once I found out what is My 'true sign' was then, like a combo-lock, things started to make more "sense". But because My 'naming day' falls in the middle, and Your's is at the 'start' You may be a "True Gemini"... If/when You get a chance look at "Ayurvedic Astrology" and for Ayurvedic Astrology You'll not only need the date but also the 'time of birth' They really pin it down and depending on which FREE reading You use they'll also show charts...

Loved the thread

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Man oh man I use to collect many of these stones while in my twenties and I can honestly say they did absolutely nothing for me...did I hope they would? Of course that's why I collected them but I believe there is some placebo effect people get from the stones or they are simply lying...not trying to come across as an attacker but that was my experience..

Due to my proximity to Salem MA there are so many wiccan stores that sell this stuff...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I'm sure that for millions of years people looked at these stones for certain medical uses however certain groups also sacrificed children and adults to satisfy some god. From a technical standpoint sure, these may make great conductors for electronics but that does not mean it has any healing qualities other than to gaze upon these beautiful stones or crystals and simply relax...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Can you please cite where your stone properties definition came from?

Many sources are regurgitations of generalities, some stone dealers make up names and properties as they see fit.....I've seen from extreme ridiculous to downright totally wrong over the years.

Currently Turquoise is one of the most faked stone sold. Lots of it is dyed howlite. For those interested the Lapidary Journal is a reputable source for learning about stones,as are gem and mineral clubs.

Lots of smokey quartz is also radiated to achieve it's color. It's a crap-shoot for buyers anymore.

Good thread tho!!

edit on 3-9-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Thanks! I will look into this!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
I am going to collect all ten and make a necklaces! I'll also include my celestial stone, the tigers eye. I am a Gemini born on the 22 of May. and some other stones for meditation in my astral projection exercises.

Great Find! S&F[/

I was born August 10th under the sign of leo in the year of 1976 which is the year of the dragon. What stones would you recommend for me to carry. I have smoky quartz and the magnecite as well as tigers eye. Just curious if astronomy has anything to do with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Yes I linked the page where the article is from. The Author is Heather Askinosie, a little about Heather

Heather Askinosie is a leading influencer on the power of crystals. For over 26 years, she has been studying the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. She has had the privilege of studying with the best healers from all over the world, who have passed down ancient teachings on how to utilize energy technology in the upcoming millennium. Heather is a seeker of truth, working to extract as much information as possible, to translate it into simple tools that can be used in everyday life. These tools empower and educate individuals on how to use them to attract everything you want in life.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptNemo2012

Try looking up celestial stones of your day of birth. I find those to be more accurate than a horoscope reference.

This was something i quickly googled Stones. The fun is looking into this stuff yourself. I hope this is a good place that will help lead you to your answers.

p.s. Pay attention to the type of stone connected with the planets and google up their names, like agate or something like this GEMINI - Citrine, Tiger-eye.
edit on rd05Wed, 03 Sep 2014 14:05:30 -0500K201493030pm9 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)
So look up citrine and tiger-eye just by themselves and have fun with the information!!!
edit on rd06Wed, 03 Sep 2014 14:06:08 -0500K201490830pm9 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I can respect that you didn't find the full value in your collection, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. Depending on the type of stone ( tumbled, raw, small, or large) it may or may not have worked for you?

For instance altho rose quartz is a stone for healing and self love, for people who have issues a blue lace agate would be a more appropriate pick. Then not all tumbled smaller pieces would be appropriate, you may need a rough piece.

Just like internal medicine, matching the symptoms and adding in the individual is necessary. Some pharma works better for some, while others need an older form of the same drug to get results. Same with the stones. It's NOT a one size fits all.

As much as I love the bright shiny's....I do much better with a big raw chunk of a gemstone or mineral. Plus like with everything else it takes time and practice before you start getting reliable results. Each of us are different, each stone is different. Each of us have individual electrical systems, as do the stones. It's in finding what works for YOU that is important.

Crystal classes just get your feet wet and open you up to the possibilities. Your own talent should take over after that.
.....and YES we all have a knack for this to some degree.

As much as I loved Katrina raphael's books and the beauty of say crystals like the Elestial's....I suck at it. ROFL!!!
I did much better with Melody's stuff ( Love is in the earth) and rocks in the raw.

Lady_Tuatha I didn't see the link, so my apologies!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join