It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be possible to strike the Sun with a man made object and have a effect?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Also I'm not sure you can even 'touch' the sun with anything, it doesn't have a solid landmass, just varying degrees of hot stuff (technical term that). Any missile or object would either just slowly vapourise or get crushed assuming it could withstand the heat.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Awesome the idea has already been a movie.

A sequel with dirty snowballs.

Maybe some stuff from space-balls that was a good one too.

Did Sunshine make any money, I could use some...
a reply to: Cuervo

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Huge Solar Eruptions on the Backside | S0 News Sept 2, 2014 a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not on MSM .

Great news source,I start my days with.

Suspicious0bserversCollective

And a few sites listed in post where you can get recorded data in original post.

edit on 2-9-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just my thought, with highly advanced technology (I mean centuries ahead of us) I think it could be achieved. However I believe it would involve something far more advanced than a conventional weapon; something to detonate on or in the sun and damage it. Could it use an effect that causes the sun to lose its ability to create fission and produce energy?

No idea how it would be achieved but I can honestly picture someone developing a way to shut down a star or disrupt its system.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a way to shut down a star or disrupt its system
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Not what I was after just a large CME like the one yesterday. It was on the far side of the Sun and still rocked our protection system.

If it was facing us on the magnetic connection point the effects might be transmitted so fast, there could be no reaction to it.

There is lots of information in the links I provided in the original post.

Thanks, for there actual consideration.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: donlashway

So where is the evidence that a comet hit the sun and caused those eruptions? I just saw a video and the aforementioned eruptions (on the backside of the sun), but no comet impact. In fact, since it's the backside of the sun, we can't see what caused it anyways. So why are you declaring it a comet?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Watch the "suspicious observer's" link the OP posted. You'll see not one sun diving comet, but two!! Good times, but not really a big deal since there's a sun diving comet seemingly once every month.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PinealJockey

Ok I see it now. Thanks I had to watch again.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well if the Large Hadron Collider would produce a black hole..
That would have a effect on the sun for sure
But if we should observe it, we would have to be on the other side of our galaxy, or in a protective time bauble that we perhaps don't own yet

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
And we did try to blow the moon up, so I think if they blow the sun up, and are successful then its probably the oil industry trying to make sure we rely on oil forever.

I barely understand what you're saying, but as for the statement re: blowing up the moon, could you link this with some proof, as I have no recollection of anyone ever 'trying to blow up the moon'.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: donlashway
Huge Solar Eruptions on the Backside | S0 News Sept 2, 2014 a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not on MSM .

Great news source,I start my days with.

And a few sites listed in post where you can get recorded data in original post.

Comets hit the Sun (or at least fall into the Sun) on a regular basis. That could be why it isn't mentioned in the MSN -- because it really isn't news.

The solar space observatory SOHO sees at least one comet dive into the Sun every couple of days, sometimes one every day. And those are the ones SOHO can see.

CME's also occur relatively regularly, ranging from every 5 or 6 days during solar minimum to every 3 or 4 days during solar maximum. Perhaps CMEs are related/caused by sun-diving comets, but there is no known correlation. There have been sun-diving comets that have NOT been followed by a CME, so it's possible that CMEs and sun-divers are BOTH just regular -- and unrelated -- events.

Did Comet Cause Solar Explosion? Hardly, Experts Say

If the only evidence for a correlation that you have is that sometimes a CME occurs after a sun-diving comet on some occasions, then you may be guilty of the fallacy of post hoc, ergo propter hoc (which roughly means "event 'B' happened after event 'A', therefore event B must have happened because of event A").

edit on 9/2/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Must have failed terribly in my request for opinions; "Is it possible for us to build a dirty snowball and deliver it to the Sun."?

Can a man made device effect the Sun?

Somewhere I read of testing Radar and Laser effects on the Sun.

Could we put anything out there that would effect it? EMP?

reply to: Soylent Green Is People

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: donlashway
Must have failed terribly in my request for opinions; "Is it possible for us to build a dirty snowball and deliver it to the Sun."?

reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I was addressing your assertion that sun-diving comets perhaps caused CME eruptions. ATS member 'Krazysh0t' asked you about two sun-diving comets that you mentioned, and you responded with a video that purports a possible connection between the comets and the CMEs.

The point of my post was to say that there is NO known correlation between sun-divers and CMEs. I don't think something as small as a comet (even considering its kinetic energy) would affect the Sun in that manner...

...So (similarly) if I don't think something like a comet would have a noticeable effect on the Sun, then I don't think a man-made object could affect the Sun, either.

edit on 9/2/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Nothing man can make in the next 1,000 years.

More information would be appreciated.

Nothing we could put out there in the next 1,000 years.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

You could strike the sun with the entire planet EARTH, and the effect would likely be minimal. Just judging from size alone.

So, no, I don't think any man-made object would have any effect whatsoever on the Sun.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Did Comet Cause Solar Explosion? Hardly, Experts Saya reply to: Soylent Green Is People

"There still remains zero evidence for a link between sungrazing comets and coronal mass ejections (CMEs) that can't be better explained than by simple coincidence," Karl Battams of the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory wrote in a blog post Tuesday (Oct. 4)

that can't be better explained than by simple coincidence,"

I like this logic, simple. Karl Battams might be cool?
U.S. Navy Research Lab Worker Reveals ISON holds Gov Secrets

Specifically, and according to Karl Batttams, Comet Ison possesses far greater 'secrets' being withheld from the general public. Secrets as to what Comet Ison may likely bring albeit 'directly' ( e.g. atmospheric debris collisions or pollution on Earth ) and/or 'indirectly' ( e.g. solar-dynamic coronal mass ejection flare radiations, telecommunication interruptions, and/or electricity grid infrastructure interferences ) 'striking details' on-to, in-to and/or amidst Earth, but 'officially' no one's coughing-up 'clear evidence' but Karl Battams' public tips.

Yea, I like him, how much does he make a year? Cool job?
Interesting article,

Is Karl Battams a closeted 'in the public best interest' WhistleBlower, or might he be a unique astrophysicist working psychological operations ( Psy-Ops ) on the public for the U.S.

Karl Battams's blog You Thought You Were Rid of Us... Submitted by Karl Battams on Mon, 01/27/2014 - 10:12 ...but we're baa-aack!! Didn't mean to make that sound creepy but, like a bad conspiracy theory, we never really go away.

He is your only authority too. I like that. Keep it simple.
You could have quoted Phage and had absolute credibility. Karl Battams's blog You Thought You Were Rid of Us... Submitted by Karl Battams on Mon, 01/27/2014 - 10:12 ...but we're baa-aack!! Didn't mean to make that sound creepy but, like a bad conspiracy theory, we never really go away.
edit on 3-9-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Yes, I think since the sun has been so successful at what it does we should have Congress tax it into oblivion.

They should, however, take that vote from its surface.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Why couldn't we make a dirty snow ball?

Think the idea that a comet can have a effect on the Sun is still open.

Would like to have a look around a bit and see what others may think.

reply to: Phage

A start Comet Hits Sun In 'Cosmic Death-Dive' Captured By SOHO Spacecraft Camera (VIDEO) Space.com | By Mike Wall Posted: 08/20/2013 1:50 pm EDT

Yea, I like this guy. This is the same story; but needing to hype up Ison coming soon. Does it show a comet having a effect?

that can't be better explained than by simple coincidence,"

SUNDIVING COMET & CME August 20, 2013

pictures worth ? Coffee Break

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Sometimes the phone rings just as I get in the shower.
I guess that means that getting in my shower makes the phone ring...sometimes.

Yes, it is hard to make a "dirty snowball". Where do you get the dirt from? The snow? From Earth? How do you get it off of Earth? We're talking several millions of tons here.

It is also hard to drop one into the Sun after making it. Not that it would do anything if we did.

edit on 9/3/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Well if the Large Hadron Collider would produce a black hole..
That would have a effect on the sun for sure

The "mini black holes" the LHC could produce would have no effect on earth much less the Sun!! They are extremely tiny and would not last long. They'd evaporate.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join