It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I have a question about a freaky cool dream experience.

page: 1

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:38 PM

Last night I had a dream inside a dream.

I’ll briefly explain my experience because I understand how boring it is to hear or read about another person’s dream. I have a roommate who wishes to share her dreams with me at least twice a week. First thing in the morning I listen to stories of another person’s dream world. I smile and nod but it's tiresome.

Anyway my point is I had a bizarre dream about some war. The interesting part is after I awoke I told my dead father about the war dream but I was sleeping. I didn’t view him as being dead in my dream we were just talking. So I was sleeping but then I told someone about the first dream. It reminded me of Inception.

Kinda freaky, huh?

Is this common?!?

I still remember some details but it was all a dream and you know how dreams fade.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:00 PM
a reply to: minusinfinity

Yes, I have had several.

I`m going to top yours with one I had a few months back:

I was dreaming I was dreaming, so far nothing new. But than the dream got lucid, that was a first for me happening while I was dreaming I was comes the kicker, I tried to wake from the dream I was dreaming, so inside my dream...very wrong idea...every electrical energy in my whole body started to short-circuit, literary from my brains to my toes I could feel it happening...I can`t describe how that felt, but really really horrible...I woke up because of it in a very bad to say I won`t do that again.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:34 PM

I think it is common. One time i had a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream times 11. I woke up like 11 times in a dream, and every time i woke up it was in my normal room and something bad was happening like i was getting robbed or something. They are called false awakenings in the astral projection community.

Its normal but definitely a cool experience.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:19 PM

It's quite common, although I haven't had any myself.

The one I can remember having was that I woke up (in the dream), set my alarm to go to work, went "back" to sleep, and woke up because I needed to reset the alarm. This went on until I really did wake up, thinking I overslept for work (it was a Sunday, which I don't work on).

The neat part was that with each "inner dream" I "woke up" in, I was becoming more and more lucid (basically, I was catching myself dreaming the dream).

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:17 AM
a reply to: fossilera

Yours reminded me about another dream I had :

I hate standing up in the winter...I dreamed waking up, stopping the alarm, stood up, went to the cold bathroom to do my things...beep, beep, alarm goes off for can`t believe how bad my mood was after that.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:19 PM
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

That is very cool if you can 'control' your dreams.

I had an experience but it doesn't happen to me often. Thanks for your input on the topic.

top topics