It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramifications of "Free Energy"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'd like to call to discuss the ramification of Free Energy.

What is Free Energy? Many people would say it is unattainable dream of electricity that costs nothing to create. Some might say it is low cost fuels. For this duscussion Free Energy is any system where the costs of energy production and storage are substantially less then the current market. "The Game Changer"

What sort of Free Energy systems are we discussing? Bring to the table any new technoogy that you feel would be "The Game Changer" in the energy market.

What is going to happen? Well, no one really knows what is going to happen but it's fun the speculate. For Instance:

Blacklight Power is currently developing an electrical circuit that could be defined as free energy here. True, it may just be a hoax. The Quantum Energy Generators may be a hoax, Low Energy Nuclear Reactions may be a hoax. But what if they aren't.....

How is the world going to change when the energy costs are next to nothing.
First people are going to be self sufficient. A goal of my brother hads always been to get "off the grid" He went and installed a solar panel and windmil on his land. He even spcualated that one day gutters and rainspouts could have water wheels that produce electricity in the rain. People will have less house upkeep costs and no longer will a poor man say I could run the heater but it would cost me half a days pay.

Second transportation costs would plummet. People would be less dependent on oil to start with. Gasoline would be reserved for luxury cars and relics of old transportation methods. Electric cars and trucks would be seen all over the roadways. The cost to travel somewhere via car would be next to nothing and a mobile movement would begin in the country. "The Mobile Movement"

Third with the cost of transportation going to next to nothing there would be a huge shift in the economy where goods would be distributed through the nation equally. Everything from Florida Oranges to Alaskan King Crab Legs would drop in prices and people would be able to afford to buy goods they couldn't otherwise get their hands on.

Fourth. Materials to build would be sent to the farthest reaches of the country and houses would be built out of nothing with no connection With people getting off the grid and goods costing next to nothing to ship, that old plot in the Rockies would become a luxury getaway with all the amenities.

But most important to me, the foreign oil dependency would end. We would no longer need it.

So what about you and your ideas of the Ramifications of Free Energy?

How could, how would, how will the world be shaped tomorrow?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think there would be a slight rise in the number of unusual deaths, would probably take years for some one to join the dots....

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

All goods and services that are traded for currency can be traced back to energy. Things cost money because it requires energy (either through labor or science) and all things would eventually be "free" if we had an unlimited energy resource. It would cause a chain reaction that would level the playing field and remove excuses that many in power use to hold everybody else in their positions.

Like you already said, it would affect many things like transportation costs which would lead to zero-cost transporting of goods (assuming they are self-driven which they will be). It would lead to automated farms and automated manufacturing. Our infrastructure would eventually be autonomous and complete. Nobody, anywhere would have to go hungry or homeless again.

This scares the crap out of many people for obvious reasons.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Nobody, anywhere would have to go hungry or homeless again.

How would that effect world populations?

What would happen to all other species?

How is this a good thing?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Replacing the Petro-Dollar with carbon currency?

Is it possible that the Elite Scum of the Earth are moving to replace the failing petrodollar with an electronic "carbon currency"?

carbon currency the new global currency

Banksters Love Cap-and-Trade

staggering economic ramifications that is going to accelerate the takeover of the economy by the well-placed financiers who have already plundered the Treasury
The first thing that needs to be understood about the brand new trillion dollar carbon-trading commodities market that will be brought into existence is that it is a ripoff designed by and for the very corporate interests the environmentalists claim to be fighting

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

"Overpopulation" is a possibility only from a resource standpoint. If we had infinite energy, that wouldn't be a problem when coupled with today's emerging technology.

As far as other species, it would be a boon to them, as well. We wouldn't need to disturb ecosystems in the way we do now and our pollution would presumably be far less, thereby increasing the quality of life for all species on the planet.

I can't really see a significant downside to this that would even come close to touching the benefits.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

"Overpopulation" is a possibility only from a resource standpoint. If we had infinite energy, that wouldn't be a problem when coupled with today's emerging technology.

Where would it end?

10 Billion?

20 Billion?

Where would other species live if every square inch is developed?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Where would it end?

10 Billion?

20 Billion?

I don't think you understand how large our planet is. When people talk about "overpopulation", it is a conversation about resources and sustainability; not spacial abundance. The world, as it is now, could fit in Jacksonville and actually live comfortably in a space as large as Texas. By the time we reach a population that would actually make living space a concern, we will certainly be prepared to cross that bridge. We're talking centuries from now.

If energy (thus all resources) were unlimited, over-population wouldn't even be a concept spoken of for decades and by then, we'll probably be placing our first colonies off-world.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Had Tesla been able to produce free power all those many years ago, our planet would be totally different by now.

We would completely control our comfort heating, and cooling, water could be freely extracted from thin air. Our technological age would have happened much sooner, and we would be well into the quantum age by now.

Our pollution levels would be practically zero, there would be no fracking, no oil spills, no nuclear disasters, no unwanted oil wars, no coal mining tragedies, a reduced number of elites, and no dirty stained buildings and roads.

On the down side, we would be grossly overweight, and lazy.

Utopia comes at a price.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Watchfull because: grammer

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Where would it end?

10 Billion?

20 Billion?

It has been proven over and over again that a prosperous nation/people/etc results in a natural reduction in population levels….

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Fresh water would also be unlimited. The energy cost of desalinization plants is the only thing keeping them from popping up everywhere.

As far as overpopulation, unlimited amounts of energy could allow for a mass exodus to Mars or cities in space.

Everything, really does boil down to energy. With an unlimited amount of it the possibilities are limitless.

The problem is, it is the control of our energy supply that has allowed the power elite to consolidate their wealth which allows them to maintain control over everyone else. Lose control of energy and that wealth eventually gets distributed equally among the population. While this would be great in the long run, it would not happen without great chaos and upheaval worldwide such as we have never seen. This "paradigm shift" is inevitable and would have already happened if the power elite weren't so determined to maintain their iron grip of control by buying up patents and buying out scientists to keep this free energy out of the public realm.
edit on 31-8-2014 by captainmjp because: spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Uh. Space? Last I checked, it is pretty big out there.

That same free energy could be used to correct the environmental problems we have caused as well.

Think outside the box. Abundance is not a sin.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: captainmjp
While this would be great in the long run, it would not happen without great chaos and upheaval worldwide such as we have never seen.

Like for instance MAD?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here for the sake of discussion, so no need to make any scathing comments about my perspective on the size of the world.

Disappearing animal habitat and species extinction caused by population growth is a current problem that could be alleviated through irrigation made possible by free energy, agreed.

Unlimited free power in the wrong hands could spell our demise.

It's kind of a chicken or the egg conundrum.

Will free energy civilize us, or will our incivility turn free energy against us?

As long as there is evil in our world we are in jeopardy.

As it is now, unlimited energy would only allow for unlimited greed.

Ultimately, unlimited power corrupts, limitlessly.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If we had unlimited energy? That would be like increasing the storage capacity of batteries a billion-fold.

Imagine laptops that run for years without needing recharged. Same with alarm clocks, wall clocks and other electronic gadgets.

Transportation; the benefits would be lower food and prices because a major cost factor has been removed. Agricultural production requires fertilizer to be produced, transported, distributed, the food to be collected, processed, transported to the supermarkets. Probably the speculators would lower their overheads but keep the profits so prices remained the same.

But air travel? Great for business, since executive jets would become more affordable. The biggest restriction is the cost of fuel. International air travel would benefit as well. Maybe Africa's economy could
improve as well. You have a continent ten times the size of Europe but where the nearest doctor can be hundreds of miles away.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo
This world is enormous but more than half of it is not habiable...look at how families on welfare continue to churn out large families...third world countries could explode just by simply having access to water and electricity.

Do people think that the prices of houses would drop because oil is free? No way...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
This world is enormous but more than half of it is not habiable...look at how families on welfare continue to churn out large families...third world countries could explode just by simply having access to water and electricity.

Do people think that the prices of houses would drop because oil is free? No way...

You are missing the big picture. Think ahead. Those families on welfare wouldn't exist because welfare wouldn't exist. There would be no need. House prices would be a nonsensical phrase because every process that goes into building one will eventually cost nothing.

Everything goes back to energy, especially as we get more automated.

And yes, third-world countries would explode in population but... they wouldn't really be third-world countries at that point because there wouldn't be such a thing. The minimum expectations for living would be set at basic abundance. Food, water, housing, etc. There's no reason to think that wouldn't happen within a couple of decades after implementing infinite energy.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Welfare should not exist now but we allow people to stay on it indefinitely...little or no questions asked...when you allow independence you would then shake the very foundation of what this government is trying not to do...which is to allow people to not rely on the government....never ever going to happen.

Nothing will ever be free....not the water that we drink or the land that we own...

The next biggest reason why free energy will not happen is that is gives all countries more of an equal footing around the ability to launch or produce weapons...nobody including the United States want's North Korea or some other country that is considered rogue to have unlimited energy..especially with what's going on with ISIS...

edit on 31-8-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Welfare should not exist now but we allow people to stay on it indefinitely...little or no questions asked...when you allow independence you would then shake the very foundation of what this government is trying not to do...which is to allow people to not rely on the government....never ever going to happen.

Nothing will ever be free....not the water that we drink or the land that we own...

The next biggest reason why free energy will not happen is that is gives all countries more of an equal footing around the ability to launch or produce weapons...nobody including the United States want's North Korea or some other country that is considered rogue to have unlimited energy..especially with what's going on with ISIS...

Call me an optimist but I wholeheartedly disagree. The Old World Order is preparing for the final nails in its coffin and, when that happens, we will heal. Our paradigms we feel are necessary will seem obsolete in the same ways we now see feudalism and slavery.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think for people who've worked hard to get what they've had this would also be a hit to the ego. There'd be a lot of frustration aimed at youth. But some of this would be warranted. A much easier way of living might lead to people not learning basic survival strategies. People might forget how to cook food without machines and computers. We'd forget a lot of things since computers and machines could do a lot of it. It may even lead to our own extinction for a variety of reasons. So there's a lot here to feed someone who thinks the youth are losing valuable skills.

I'm not talking about overunity, I'm talking just a major technology shift much greater than when we first started drilling oil. That's BIG.

However, I want to make another comment not about energy, but information technology. I've had so many moments over the past years where google has gave me an answer that for the life of me I don't know how I'd find otherwise. Honestly, there has to be some impact when we can exchange information across the planet at essentially lightspeed. And what of querying a database with natural language questions which may contain more knowledge than all libraries pre-existing before the advent of computers and getting a reply in seconds? It has to help somehow! I know it has helped me and I'm a nobody. Smart people can use it too.

And.... Google Earth. Is. So. Amazing. Almost the whole planet at our finger tips. I'm in my 30's. I'm not an old man. And I am wowed by this.
edit on 1-9-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've never really thought of the overall implications of free energy, but just brainstorming, here are some initial thoughts. If it happened suddenly, and almost instantly there was free energy that was ready to be implemented somehow, I think one major ramification would be the near collapse of energy businesses. The stock market would do crazy things, and this could have broad consequences. I imagine that with all the money people would be saving, and the rush to sell free energy devices, or implement some kind of power system, or whatever would need to be done, there would be a lot of new opportunities...but that would not happen instantaneously. But a lot of people would be losing a lot of money, and this is supposedly the motivation for suppressing such devices. It may sound far-fetched, but once you realize just how much money energy companies make, it doesn't seem so crazy anymore. I think that there would be many more benefits than there would be downsides, even if there were some initial problems to overcome.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join