It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zephyr 8 "high and light"mm h

page: 1

join
share:
RAB

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
So what is for:

www.uasvision.com...

Light long range and a 2.5kg payload, and the next one is on the cards :-) I find it interesting

Your thoughts and ideas welcome

RAB

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RAB

It's for taking your micro sat like payload to near but not quite space altitudes and keeping them there far long periods of time (weeks to months probably)
Since the aircraft is all solar powered it doesn't have to refuel and since it is technically a sub orbital aircraft it can stay on station and not have to leave a specific area.
Sounds like a good solution for an impromptu communications relay station or ISR to monitor a large area 24/7.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RAB

Amazing, I would really love to have one myself. The design looks very straight forward with what look like ultra strong building materials. The onboard telemetry and power units would probably make buying one for the average Joe an unlikely proposition though. But I'm thinking if someone really wanted to, you could mimic the design of this one and have fun at least. The wing setup looks like this thing is a serious super thermal glutton and would fly high, but I do not know much beyond visual sight r/c model flying

I bet even without fancy military grade electronics, just because this can fly as high as advertised would make the purchase price pretty steep.. I mean, it just "sounds" like it should be expensive.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Solar-powered spy drones to join Britain’s fleet of military aircraft

Looks like the Brits are finally purchasing the Zephyr 8.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Interesting seeing late last year they said no purchase..
A good list of other types..
High altitude UAV,s

top topics

join