It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infowars: The Kurt Nimmo-Counterpunch Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I present to you something not totally damning, but extremely peculiar nonetheless:

As an ATS member, it's likely that you have come across an Infowars article or two in your day. It is also likely that one of those articles was written by Kurt Nimmo, who has been on the staff for the better part of the last decade. What is unlikely(I presume), however, is that you were aware that before his tenure at Infowars, Kurt was a self-proclaimed radical leftist, democrat, atheist, a regular contributor to Counterpunch, an extreme-left newsletter, and a writer of Mao-inspired poetry.

If one was to read some of his Counterpunch pieces, it is obvious that he had already gone down the conspiracy rabbit hole at that point. What puzzles me is the rapid ideological transformation he went through after jumping from Counterpunch to Infowars, which happened within a span of a couple years. With Infowars he has authored articles emphasizing right-wing talking points on anti-communism, immigration, abortion, homosexuality, and reverse racism among other things.

It really is odd that AJ would hire him and make him family unless he had some kind of 'come to Jesus' revelation and all the sudden radically changed his views. I sent an email with the same question, not in a threatening way, just curious, to all of Infowars' staff and didn't get one response...

So maybe he did have a change of heart...but it kind of smells. However I know that they habitually stonewall criticism. But that is just bad policy, in fact it's identical to the establishment they cry out against. And why are they the only game in town? I agree with them on a lot of things but I'm liberal when it comes to social issues so it's hard to relate to their extreme right views sometimes.

If this has already been addressed and explained, please let me know!
edit on 31-8-2014 by humanityrising because: fixed link

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

I stopped listening to infowars and AJ a few years ago. Its a mix of just enough truth to piss you off, with propaganda to misguide you.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So...I'm confused. This guy writes some stuff. And is on Alex Jones's payroll...

Do I still need to buy gold and pay for a subscription for the website?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I stopped listening to AJ/ infowars after his interview with Peter Joseph of the zeitgeist movement. It became clear to me that AJ actually has no interest in solving any problems he kicks and screams about. He also is quite the child when it comes to hearing an alternative to his views.

Anyway, yes Nimmo's turn around is interesting, but not surprising. These guys are in it for the money.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sounds like a man whose pen could probably spell cointelpro pretty easily.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I stopped listening to infowars and AJ a few years ago. Its a mix of just enough truth to piss you off, with propaganda to misguide you.

Agree and same here. I check his website to get leads and see what they are talking about, but I can not listen to any of that crowd talk, especially AJ. I think he actually is doing more harm for truth than good. Yes, he may appeal to those first waking up, but I wonder how many stop listening to him after awhile because of his personality and constant rambling and whining; instead of digging in and talking about an issue at depth, he always goes off on a tirade.

The Kurt Nimo thing is interesting but it's not the only thing to strike Infowars that makes you go hmmm. What is the deal with him and Mark Dice ranting about each other and then biend buddy buddy again? Speaking of Mark, that man never speaks about anything useful and only talks about pointless celebrities sporting NWO/Illuminati styles that a child to truth could see and need not a "truther journalist" to point out to them. Why, or what is the real reason that Aaron Dykes (with AJ for a long time) and Melissa Melton leave? I've heard all the chatter and rumors, but everyone still thinks there is more to that.

Anyway, you can't use Infowars as your go to. You have to use like everything else, it is a tool to lead you to more information if you are able to extrapolate the facts out of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's possible he was hired to create click bait.

I mean who would know better what Right wing Headlines to write to piss people than a radical leftist.

To me Infowars is all about clicks and views and the headlines on the youtube videos are more 'click bait'

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Pretty much illustrates why I ignore Anything Alex Jones.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
He had a come to Rush Limbaugh moment.

I also don’t like Nimmo or Jones for their tea party right wing rhetoric.

I have a feeling that Jones probably IS NOT CIA, but likely in the pay of some Koch type conservative honcho.

He’s more tea party right wing at this point than conspiracy theorists.

I saw him, Alex Jones, kiss Dave Icke' ring on his show, but then on Jesse Venturas show stab Icke in the back and then Icke was made of fool of by Jesse.

A clear act of starting division

That should tell us something about Jones

edit on 31-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It seems that many folks on ATS that are aware enough to respond to threads and create their own have thrown AJ out a long time ago. True, he has made some decent points, but like Fox News, he definitely has areas where he is not allowed to tread. I know nothing about Nimmo's background or current work with AJ, but I'm betting that there is a connection, deeply buried, that can explain the relationship.

If my words hint of a conspiracy, so be it, blame my listening to the early AJ right here in Austin before he went mainstream.

new topics

top topics

join